Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New season of Top Gear

1235»

Comments

I think Anstead is gone from WD now. He lives in the US and the show is going back to the UK afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sabine tribute...

The tribute, which is narrated by Zoe Ball, will be available on BBC iPlayer from 9pm on Sunday after the series finale ends and will also air on BBC One on Wednesday at 7.30pm.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/top-gear-pays-tribute-to-sabine-schmitz-1106158.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That Fake Toyota Ferrari is a horrible thing. Why would anyone want that? It's a Fakerrari.

The TVR on the other hand is stunning and I love its dash. The Holden Manaro is just that a Holden mundane.

Not a great episode.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

Sabine tribute...

The tribute, which is narrated by Zoe Ball, will be available on BBC iPlayer from 9pm on Sunday after the series finale ends and will also air on BBC One on Wednesday at 7.30pm.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/top-gear-pays-tribute-to-sabine-schmitz-1106158.html

Great tribute to Sabine, great to see her the old lads contributing to her legacy

Not showing on the planner for tomorrow on my telly (Virgin Media). Is it only on in some BBC regions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes, depends on your region

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

FF reading the monologues over the video is pure tedium. When him or McG review a car I just don't believe them. There just seems to be nothing behind the eyes.
    Harris has developed into it and is a good host. I think that it might be easier to get car folk and turn them into presenters than vice-versa.
    Guy Martin or someone of the slightly nutty nature would have been a good counterpart for the other presenters. I'm just not sure that they would have him doing the stuff he does on C4. I'm not sure if caravan demolition derby would get the fire lit in his belly.
    I do think there will be a female on the next line-up. Hopefully someone less squealy than VB-H. Sabine was a fantastic driver and interacted really well with the presenters - shame she didn't get (or maybe didn't take up) a more permanent role with the team. I thought I seen her on Fifth Gear too.

fryup wrote: »
    yes, depends on your region

They must think nobody in NI liked Top Gear then. Pity, wouldn’t have minded seeing it.

i'm sure they'll show it at another time, and it'll be up on youtube sooner or later

edit: its on friday 7.35 bbc1 ni

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

and it'll be up on youtube sooner or later

It's there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sabine tribute...

Starting now on BBC1.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

I think Harris is doing a very good job and I wonder what it would be like with guy Martin and him, two fast competitive drivers actually able to go against each other, and also being good at presenting as well, something top gear has never really had, I know Clarkson and hammond were competitive but not in a fast way. I don't know about the 3rd guy paddy is funnier than Freddie but Freddie is the crazy guy to go up against the crazy part of guy, but do you really need 2 crazy guys, no pun intended

Also having 2 mechanical minded guys allows for a lot more fun with doing the specials again, getting crap broken down cars and having to repair on the go

the only problem i'd have with Guy Martin is his accent, its just too strong..i have to put on the subtitles to understand him

the only problem i'd have with Guy Martin is his accent, its just too strong..i have to put on the subtitles to understand him

Ha ha yeah I know what you mean but I think it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was a lovely tribute to Sabine. Guy Martin would be great on the show. He has no fear, has no problem doing new things and he is a legend.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

A legend if you like motorbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I have the tribute on to record, so hopefully the sky box remembers it!
    I've only watched the first episode and the last as I thought that was the tribute show.
    The Dads car episode was really good and touching until they threw in the stupid race, it really didnt need it.
    The lads banter was gone for a short while and it was a lovely personal episode or so I thought.

The Toyota in Ferrari dress is just why, why, why spend £10k on that piece of junk!!!! Just get the regular Mr2
    The other cars where cool for the money, I mean I wouldn't buy the monaro but at least it was an out there choice.

A legend if you like motorbikes.

His shows on channel 4 are great, I think he comes across so well, very good sense of humour, comfortable in front of the camera, great knowledge about what he does, a very good all rounder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I think overall the current setup works well. I would not have been a flintoff/mcguiness fan previously but the 3 of them together seem to have good chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Santan wrote: »
    His shows on channel 4 are great, I think he comes across so well, very good sense of humour, comfortable in front of the camera, great knowledge about what he does, a very good all rounder

Very talented bloke who'll put his hand to anything, as well as his programme speed there were some great one off shows he did, particular favourites of mine were the Spitfire rebuild and him joining an F1 pit crew

• Advertisement

Santan wrote: »

yes i agree for the most part ....but....presenting in front of a camera in a studio setting?? esp with his heavy accent?? if i was the TG producer i would say "sorry no"

as i said previously Ant Anstead or Mat from Carwow or maybe some up & coming motoring journalist pref female would fit the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Your forgetting that top gear is nothing about cars and all about the banter lads!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Ya... it was described to me as basically a comedy show that uses cars as props. Once you accept that, it becomes a different proposition.

afatbollix wrote: »
    Your forgetting that top gear is nothing about cars and all about the banter lads!!!!!

yes and for the most part the banter between the current trio is contrived/stilted

I was never that into the new ladbible version of the show but if Guy Martin is the other option then I’ll happily take Flintoff and Take Me Out man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

still not convinced of the current line up, still wish it was C,M,H presenting it

Can wish all you like but that ship has well and truly sailed. I like the trio, no arrogance that Clarkson has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

AMKC wrote: »
    That Fake Toyota Ferrari is a horrible thing. Why would anyone want that? It's a Fakerrari.

The TVR on the other hand is stunning and I love its dash. The Holden Manaro is just that a Holden mundane.

Not a great episode.

You know apart from the Scottish highlands and driving roads that rival the best in the world!

I managed to get the tribute show downloaded off youtube before it was taken down and got watching it this weekend. Was very well done.

Can wish all you like but that ship has well and truly sailed. I like the trio, no arrogance that Clarkson has.

Clarkson's arrogance was all tongue in cheek, it was all just an act

• Advertisement
Advertisement