Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How in Gods name do you login to Swirl Card website online.

Login,,,,,,,,,ok,,, register,,, ok,,,, login,,,, ok,,, register,,,ok,, login,,,,ok,,,, register,,,ok

and round and round I go..

Good experience: Decathlon - Offering a 12 month, full-refund, return window on anything not opened (except safety gear) and even allowing me to get a refund on safety gear (2 buoyancy vests, although they clearly hadn't been opened, either).

Bad experience: Decathlon - Who have managed to part refund me immediately, and have me emailing them back and forth for over 3 months now still awaiting the rest of the fcuking refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Another sports retailer.. S****s Direct...

Purchased two days ago in store some gym clothes... t-shirts, bottoms and tops for exercising outdoors, *ALL sizes were Large as per usual... ALL Adidas, a reliable brand.

first problem.

while folding a T-shirt the cashier noted a blemish on the back which I didn’t see... she requested of a colleague that the colleague goes and gets a replacement large.... the colleague seemed preoccupied but came back with a replacement on getting home the replacement size is..... *SMALL...

Second problem...

i try on the rest at home, it becomes apparent that these are a job lot.. the sizes are ‘tiny’ even though tagged LARGE.... I haven’t put weight on as I get weighed in the gym monthly , I have several of the same Adidas climacool / climalite T-shirts... which are LARGE, fit perfectly, tried an old one on in case I put on 12 kilograms overnight which i didn’t and the old LARGE fits perfectly....

they were seriously reduced which I found strange but bargaintastic so hey.....but obviously a job lot labeled wrong.... hence the rather huge discount.... I’ll be more careful going forward there. Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I find this with SD all the time. I used to buy from them online, and found that sizes were just a game they played, with many things coming in at 1 or 2 sizes too small. I've stopped buying from them. Sometimes, things are too cheap for a reason..🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yeah, I’m sitting here in an adidas gym T-shirt now, LARGE, acres of room in it... gotta beware when you see such a discount, a reason for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭SVI40

Worst customer service - Aer Lingus. It has taken 3 days, and 4 hour 1 hour plus phone calls to advise them I will travelling with sports equipment. Either the agent does not have a clue about their rules on sports equipment, or the line is so bad, you cannot hear them and they cannot hear you. It sounds like their call centre is located in a field somewhere.

The same applies to getting a refund on flights they have cancelled. Next to impossible to contact them, and they fail to refund you in the time they advertise on their site, or the time that legislation requires (7 days).

The standards of Aer Lingus has really fallen badly, from what was once my go to airline for all flights, it's now one I will reluctantly use.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

As you can see from my post below today, not shopping at Harvey Norman anymore. Apparently the stuff on their site is not really available. If you get a faulty item, they won't offer to replace it with a similar one (but a more expensive one), you'll be contacting the customer service a million times and in the end you're where you started unless you pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm now putting Netflix at the top of my list.

Some how these geniuses have taken 3 AUD payments to my card. They then realised this was wrong and cancelled them. But i'm now left with a small financial loss because of FX coms & spreads. Netflix don't care. Their books are at 0.

Topping this all off, Netflix have now cancelled my membership (which is in credit) because they have blocked my card from being used. Absolute scam artists

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

To buck the trend on here and actually praise someone, I ordered ink from 123ink.ie at 6.40pm on Thursday evening and it came in Friday's post. They threw in a couple of free highlighters too. Very impressed

Yep, I have always found them to be excellent, they nearly have the product in your hand before you complete the order. Same a with a faulty cartridge, contacted them sent a picture, 5 minutes later, new ink was on it's way. Top class service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

We were in Flash Harry's in Blackrock last weekend and were buying rounds of drinks. Paying for each round on the go, no tab. There were 8 of us and they charged us a 10% service charge for each round.

I have seen service charges for food all right - but never on a round of drinks. I guess there is nothing we can do except boycott the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Some places have a service charge for groups of 6+ - may have been "displayed" somewhere on the premises or on the drinks pricing which most people don't read. Not ideal especially for only drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It does seem a bit nuts. Had we been more on the ball we would have placed our drinks orders separately which would have been a lot more work for the floor staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

No don’t just boycott it call the robbers out on social media that’s a total rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Ok just bought a laptop today in Currys Pc World, and had quite a bit of a job just paying for the item I wanted at the till.

So I did a little research myself and decided which model I was interested in, it was in stock and ordered it at the checkout.

So then the man serving asks me what I would be using it for, I explained what it was for, he then advised me that I should go for a different model instead. I explained that this was the model I wanted but thanked him for the advice, but he proceeded to again try and push me towards a different laptop and again I had to tell him that I wanted this model, he seemed a little annoyed I didnt take his advice.

He then started to try sell me an antivirus and service deal with it, I said thanks but no thanks. He wouldn't take no for an answer and kept trying to convince me that I really need to get this deal. He then told me how great the service deal was and how they set up the computer for me and optimize the ram and motherboard for me....

I was starting to lose the will to live at this stage, so again I said I just wanted the laptop only, and then aftet all that it went to the insurance deal they have with it, surfice to say after saying no a few more times I finally managed to leave the shop with just the laptop I wanted....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bert2000

I am unhappy with GOMO and eflow.

Difficult to reach, zero solution.

eFlow are quite possibly the worst I've had the displeasure of dealing with. The suspended my account after their "upgrade" back in August 2021, twice. I closed my account with them, and I'm still waiting on a refund of my balance. Repeated promised of the cheque being sent, call backs that did not happen etc. Worst ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Power City just now. Went into buy a new oven. 5 "sales" staff on the floor. 1 picking her fingers, 3 standing around watching the TVs and 1guy pissing about half way up the store. Might aswell have been invisible. No interaction at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In fairness - Another person would complain if they were being annoyed by staff when they are just wanting to look by themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Complain simples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Powerhouse Films (they release BDs under the Indicator label)

Bought their Columbia Noir Volume 3 box set from Amazon UK in May 2021. Six film set. Only got round to watching the first one last night.

Disc scratched and won't play. Amazon return window long closed.

Emailed the company last night asking would they sell me a replacement disc. A long shot as it's part of a box set and not sold separately.

Got a response this morning saying that they would put one in the post free of charge. Got follow-up email this evening with Royal Mail tracking reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Fair play. When I started reading I thought it was a bad review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I would have left and purchased the laptop from someone else online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Power city! Never again will I give this company my business. Order number of items including a double oven that I did not have on the display floor. Their salesman told me it was a great option. When I took it home and took it out of the packaging obviously the top oven is too small. When I spoke to their so-called customer service two different people I spoke to her extremely rude and told me I will not accept anything back with any packaging opened. Avoid Power city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Good

Awful: Amazon

Tried to order stuff off Amazon.de yesterday. Trying to actually buy anything specific on their website is ludicrously difficult.

First of all the listings kept specifically saying items could be delivered to Ireland, then the product page kept saying they couldn't. After the fifth one of those, I clicked the "Report incorrect product information link", which actually does nothing.

Eventually found stuff I could deliver here, all the items in my basket had a link saying they were eligible for Prime. And the checkout had a big banner ad telling me to sign up for Prime. Clicking on any of the Prime links just gave a "There was an error" popup.

Gave up on that and ordered anyway, the order confirmation page had another big Prime banner link which worked.

Cancelled the order and resubmitted it to take advantage of the cheaper Prime delivery, which did nothing because it only applies in Germany and Austria. Resubmitted the order anyway and checked my mail.

Had two order confirmations in English, as per my settings, and an order cancellation notice which was randomly sent to me in Polish.

Finally wasted another ten minutes digging through all the Prime pages telling me how wonderful it was until I finally found the option to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Best service in a long time from Garmin.

I have bought a couple of devices from them over the last couple of years and when I had an issue with my daughters strap giving her irritation they replaced it with a new one and an extra one free of charge. When I had an issue with a strap breaking on my own one they also replaced it free of charge. For customer service they really are excellent.

Good

Bad: Amazon again

Placed two orders on Amazon.de last week - my only interaction with a German website in years.

This morning I got a spam phishing email in German.

Only explanation is that Amazon, or one of their sellers, leaked my email address.

Good

Bad: boards.ie, which among their other recent failings randomly places "Good" tags on every post on this thread, which aren't visible or changeable anywhere while posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

it's something on your end, as it's not happening anybody else. You must have voted "Good" in the years old poll at the start of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 RandomGirl78

Bad: Irish companies in general are extremely bad when it comes to customer service.

It‘s 2022 and still when you have any issue, you have to call them. Email and chat are mostly offered but 100% useless.

Even for changing address details, they want you to call and when you call, there is someone named Ranshid on the phone, barely understanding what you are saying and there is always something wrong with the details you told them.

Advertisement