Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportPersuit online hiking gear

• 15-02-2021 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone used sportpersuit website for hiking gear? You have to give an email address to view items for sale, but that’s handy enough. Do you recommend the website?

I’m thinking of getting Fjern hiking gear, wondering if anyone can give a brand recommendation? it is one of sportpersuit’s own brands...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I don't know much about the site, but they've some very good brands listed. Mammut, Marmot, Rab are ones I like for hiking. Also Isobaa and Smartwool if you want Merino wool. Avoid anything which is ski gear as it is too heavy for hiking.

Personally I believe in buying good stuff cheaply, so tend to avoid the own-brand stuff. E.g. If I wanted a packable warm jacket I'd buy the Rab Altus they have on discount instead of an own-brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mebuccaneers

I have bought lot's of stuff from the https://www.sportpursuit.com website since it was launched and have always found them to be reliable with pretty good prices.
    The one time I did have an issue, I sent the item back and got a refund without any problems.
    I just received part of an order from them last Friday and the second item which wasn't supposed to be in stock until the end of this month is on it's way and due later this week.
    I have mainly bought big brand names from them but if I do see something that I'm interested I just google the item and do a bit of research before I make up my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Have used them for years. Really good.

Had one issue with something Electrical I bought failing 6 days before the reason I bought it. Both them and the manufacturer sorted me out in 3 days.

Haven't used since brexit so worth checking any taxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Thanks all! I’m looking for a hiking waterproof jacket - at this stage I wait til lockdown ends so I can have a look in the shops first and be sure what type of jacket I want, and actually be able to use it!

Hmmm - good advice. Their own brand stuff is actually on par or more expensive than the more well known brands.. will probably go berghaus / marmot or Columbia...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I have used them a few times, and like others found them reliable and good value, but didn't realise that they would handle all the customs etc (or according to their FAQ they do!). They are back on the list!

• Advertisement
Advertisement