Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

al porter show

• 25-12-2015 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone seen the al porter show which was on in the Olympia and shown on rte 2 on Christmas eve
    I personally never heard of this guy and have to say I have never heard such vulgarity and offensive dialogue in my life. By no way am I a prude but this guy is in no way funny and how people paid good money in fact any money to go see this guy is unbelievable and how rye have this guy on radio and tv is a joke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 miss charity

I have to agree with everything you said in your post regarding Al Porter, my partner and I (neither of which is in any way a prudish) watched this Christmas eve show and had to turn it off it was so filthy and disgusting, and very offensive. If this is what RTE thinks is suitable for Christmas eve viewing then they need to think again, there is something very wrong in the minds of our national broadcasters. I know a large number of staff in RTE are gay, I don't care if they are all gay, this is not about being gay it is about the content of what was billed as a variety show being totally wrong for a Christmas eve billing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I remember this quite well. Was flicking through channels and watched a few minutes of this and thought the same. I agree that this is not appropriate viewing for Christmas Eve and there is something wrong when RTE push this stuff and promote it. In the recent developments, we will not be seeing this particular individual this Christmas but we will still be getting plenty other smutty shows for sure. I think poor to middling comedians have abused free speech and think they have a right to offend and think that by being outrageous, they can be funny. They are not funny and dirt, putdowns and so on show us the inherent nastiness that is being passed off as comedy by our media. If RTE think this is appropriate for Christmas, they are wrong. Al Porter may be off the menu this Christmas but Mrs Brown and plenty other vulgar fare won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Talk about a mountain out of a molehill. This lad has been on promoting smut and vulgarity on every show he has been involved in, and now RTE have an issue with him due to him "behaving" inappropriately when on his own time?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There are other places you can discuss Porter, but it definitely does not fit in this forum

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement