Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fazzio

Hi all, I have one question,

I recived 2 penalty points 2 years ago for something totally stuppid (garda just being an ass really) my car died at the lights and i restarted it and being bit rushed by ones stuck behind me I did let's say a quick take off.

Its called driving without reasonable consideration...

Is that silly thing something that could stop me from getting in to dublin bus ?

I drive Buses and coaches professionally for 7 years now. do private 20k miles a year around Dublin it's tough to no have something over the years.

The application tells us no points/endorsments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bena100

Hi,
    Just wondering did anyone hear back from Dublin bus? I sent an application on December 1st, thought I might have heard something by now. How long were ye waiting to hear back? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 flash123123

Bena100 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering did anyone hear back from Dublin bus? I sent an application on December 1st, thought I might have heard something by now. How long were ye waiting to hear back? Thanks

Hi,
    I applied last July and I think it was at least 10 weeks before I was called for the written exam. So sit tight and you'll hear eventually..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bena100

Thanks for that, will have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeeonBoard

All done by post which makes it a bit slow

Passed the driving test today and did the interview

Have to wait probably another 2 weeks before i hear again

HI Im new here and have a interview coming up in a bit . just wondering is it based on the leaflet that came with the leater ?. I seen you asked the same question but did not get a answer
    Thanks
    Dee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

DeeonBoard wrote: »
    HI Im new here and have a interview coming up in a bit . just wondering is it based on the leaflet that came with the leater ?. I seen you asked the same question but did not get a answer
    Thanks
    Dee
    They want to see you have good English and people skills.

You will be asked how to deal with certain situations.

Just read up company bye laws.

Been so long since I done mine but just stay calm and answer as best you can.

They want to see are you going to be a nut with a hot head and im sure your not ;-). Good luck you be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeeonBoard

Grand thanks Punisher. Fingers crossed all goes well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Apparently the medical is quite thorough with blood/urine sample taken etc. what are they looking for in the sample? Is it just illegal substances or is it more than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 threegreen

Anyone on the assessment on Saturday? ?

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Apparently the medical is quite thorough with blood/urine sample taken etc. what are they looking for in the sample? Is it just illegal substances or is it more than that?

Yes looking for drug use and also ecg to check heart.

It is thorough but a good thing because it can show up any problems one may have.

It will also show up the likes of Nurofen as it has codene in it so they would rather these types are not used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Anthonymadden

threegreen wrote: »
    Anyone on the assessment on Saturday? ?

I also have aptitude test on saturday, hopfully all goes well, fingers Crossed

I also have aptitude test on saturday, hopfully all goes well, fingers Crossed

Good luck with it dude, plenty of coffee before hand and your best thinking cap. See you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Do Dublin bus train drivers up or do they nonly accept applications from those with the required licences?

cerastes wrote: »
    Do Dublin bus train drivers up or do they nonly accept applications from those with the required licences?

You will be trained to their standards and if don't meet those standards you are gone.

A full licence and up to date CPC is needed.

You will be trained to their standards and if don't meet those standards you are gone.

A full licence and up to date CPC is needed.

I have a full B licence, but not a bus licence D.
    Do you mean a full D licence is required? Ive had relatives who have worked there in the past, when they went in and did their training, they didnt go in with a bus licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Yeah, you need the D license. It's not the same as previous intakes.

Tthis information is clearly on their recruitment page as the very first line. dublinbus.ie/en/Human-Resources/Professional-Bus-Drivers/

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Yeah, you need the D license. It's not the same as previous intakes.

Tthis information is clearly on their recruitment page as the very first line. dublinbus.ie/en/Human-Resources/Professional-Bus-Drivers/

I could see that there, I just wanted to confirm that wasnt the official line and that if there was some possibility they still did the other way.Kinda rules it out for me so, dont think the cost of lessons would be on the cards really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MaciG

Does anyone know what this is mean exactly?

we will offer you ... free bus travel and concessionary rail travel.

MaciG wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this is mean exactly?

we will offer you ... free bus travel and concessionary rail travel.

It's kinda self explanatory, if you get in you get free bus travel and a discount on rail travel.

cerastes wrote: »
    I could see that there, I just wanted to confirm that wasnt the official line and that if there was some possibility they still did the other way.Kinda rules it out for me so, dont think the cost of lessons would be on the cards really.

If your unemployed your local fas will pay for a chunk of your lessons, it's worth looking into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 MaciG

threegreen wrote: »
    It's kinda self explanatory, if you get in you get free bus travel and a discount on rail travel.

Thank you, but now I realized I asked the wrong way. Does " free bus travel" means only buses operated by DublinBus? or Bus Éireann buses too? (Sorry the stupid question, but in my country free travel card which the drivers get means they can use all company's buses for travel within the country borders)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anthonymadden

can anyone give me some sort of information on the written assessment, i have mine on saturday and i am a little nervous about it, thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

MaciG wrote: »
    Thank you, but now I realized I asked the wrong way. Does " free bus travel" means only buses operated by DublinBus? or Bus Éireann buses too? (Sorry the stupid question, but in my country free travel card which the drivers get means they can use all company's buses for travel within the country borders)

If you live outside Dublin in an area that bus eireann serves you are entitled to a pass for bus eireann, but it's only valid between your home town and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What is the job interview part like? What questions do they normally ask? I'm asking for a friend. He did the written assessment a few weeks ago and hast the interview/driving test tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭rx8

Anyone doing the driving assessment, already has a bus licence. So therefore you are expected to be able to drive a bus safely and competently in the test. The interview is mostly Customer and Safety focused. Just keep thinking Safety, Safety, Safety and you won't go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Markosmyth

Hi, has anyone here done the medical? What exactly does it involve in particular the eye exam, what do they test.
    Txs.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Your eye sight at a guess

Good 1. not looking 4 a guess, if someone has done the medical could they go through wot it involves txs.

Markosmyth wrote: »
    Good 1. not looking 4 a guess, if someone has done the medical could they go through wot it involves txs.

Eye test is checking to see what you can see in both eyes from reading chart with 1 eye at a time.
    Medical is blood pressure, urine, bloods, ecg test.

• Advertisement

txs punisher, do they do a colour blindness test?

Advertisement