Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-02-2019, 16:06   #16
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
More of the scumbaggery that surrounded Joan Burton in her car.

Very organised and not at all a spontaneous act.
Joan was at an official event so protests are fair there tbh.

This outside someone's home is not on, ever.

Trying to tie the two together is a tad disingenuous
Advertisement
10-02-2019, 16:10   #17
Wheeliebin30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbthedepths View Post
That's convenient.....
Good man, I suppose it’s all a conspiracy.
10-02-2019, 16:11   #18
OldMrBrennan83

Any links or anything yet that it actually happened?
Thanks from:
10-02-2019, 16:12   #19
A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
Alexa, Play Liveline

Mod: Radio, ZTest
I find it difficult to get upset about this. The man, and the Government of which he is a part, has a policy of playing God with people's lives for the sake of placating the electorate. People die because of the choice his Government makes to favour low taxation over human suffering.

I'm sorry he and his family experienced that, but people experience a lot worse every day through his decisions.
10-02-2019, 16:13   #20
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliebin30
Good man, I suppose it’s all a conspiracy.

Never said it was a conspiracy, just voicing my opinion that it's convenient considering the pressure Harris is under and his forthcoming apology to the Dail. Funny though the protesters left before the Guards came and no footage of the protest anywhere online that I can see. Alan Kelly had a similar experience I believe.
Advertisement
10-02-2019, 16:13   #21
eagle eye

So standing outside their homes is a no go?
If it's in any way violent or aggressive or if they enter his property then yes I agree it's not on.
But if they simply protest outside his property then it's a bit different.
I don't know much about the man but maybe it's impossible to get his attention by protesting anywhere else.
Let's be clear here, I'm not backing these people just taking the other side, sorta...
Does he have a constituency office, could that be located at his house?
(3) thanks from:
10-02-2019, 16:15   #22
_Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by listermint View Post
Joan was at an official event so protests are fair there tbh.

This outside someone's home is not on, ever.

Trying to tie the two together is a tad disingenuous
The thuggery that surrounded that “protest” is never acceptable. Buncholf out of control knackers.
10-02-2019, 16:15   #23
Wheeliebin30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tyrant Named Miltiades! View Post
I find it difficult to get upset about this. The man, and the Government of which he is a part, has a policy of playing God with people's lives for the sake of placating the electorate. People die because of the choice his Government makes to favour low taxation over human suffering.

I'm sorry he and his family experienced that, but people experience a lot worse every day through his decisions.
What choice did he make that caused people to die?
10-02-2019, 16:16   #24
TheRiverman

Those scumbags should all be identified and jailed.
I think Simon Harris as Minister For Health is out of his depth and should resign,but targeting his private life is evil.
Advertisement
10-02-2019, 16:18   #25
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiverman
Those scumbags should all be identified and jailed. I think Simon Harris as Minister For Health is out of his depth and should resign,but targeting his private life is evil.

Jailed for what?
10-02-2019, 16:19   #26
Juanito13

Quote:

There is no excuse for this, yeah he’s out of his depth as a minister but i’m sure his intentions are well placed. This is ****ebag behaviour, simple as.
He has a right to feel safe in his own home just like the rest of us.
10-02-2019, 16:19   #27
strandroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
So standing outside their homes is a no go?
If it's in any way violent or aggressive or if they enter his property then yes I agree it's not on.
But if they simply protest outside his property then it's a bit different.
I don't know much about the man but maybe it's impossible to get his attention by protesting anywhere else.
Let's be clear here, I'm not backing these people just taking the other side, sorta...
Does he have a constituency office, could that be located at his house?
Would you leave especially with a child into a crowd like this? Hoping that they are civil and won't get physical like they got with Joan? I wouldn't. It's effectively placing them under house arrest.

He has an office in Bray Main St. that's where they should go.
10-02-2019, 16:21   #28

That is below the belt and uncalled for.
You can protest all you like outside a public building like a government department or the Dail.

Whatever your political point of view, there's been a long and good tradition in Ireland of leaving people's personal lives separate from their public lives.

You do not protest outside someone's home. It's hugely intimating and it's totally unfair.

What exactly is this all going to achieve anyway? A politician gets intimidated into resigning and the fiasco that is the health 'system' carries on as it always has totally unreformed.

I don't believe anyone in the country is happy with the status quo in health here and I think we have to start seeing this as a mess that needs to be engaged with and tackled, dealing with all of the systemic problems.

We have a system that should be capable of being engaged with and being able to work cross party and with public involvement to solve this problem.

This isn't France where you've an all-powerful executive and an appointed cabinet drawn from outside politics. The reason you've yellow vests and constant anger in France is they've a democratic system that simply does not work properly and it used to have ***7 year*** executive presidential terms. So stuff was driven through come hell or high water and people took to the streets to her their voices heard. That is not how Ireland works.

Use the very well developed democratic system we have and stop importing crazy from countries that are regarded even by academics as flawed democracies.

It you want to drive ordinary people away from going into politics, screw up the system and create an "us" Vs "them" society, then go around picketing TDs homes.

Absolutely disgraceful approach to getting yourself heard.

Last edited by EdgeCase; 10-02-2019 at 16:26.
10-02-2019, 16:21   #29
A Tyrant Named Miltiades!
Alexa, Play Liveline

Mod: Radio, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliebin30 View Post
What choice did he make that caused people to die?
How long is a piece of string?

To raise a topical example, the fact that our nurses are rushing around trying to manage twice or three times the number of patients than is safe.

Or how about the lack of primary care facilities that should be able to detect and treat problems, especially in the elderly, before they have to present at an acute hospital?

How about patients lying on trolleys because there isn't the capacity to admit them, when they need medical treatment?

Shall we discuss psychiatric hospitals, and the near absence of public resources for people suffering with mental illness, until they reach a point where they become a danger to themselves or to others?

All of these factors are interrelated, and all reduce the life expectancy of patients who deserve better. This occurs by dint of a conscious decision of our Government to trade health outcomes for middle-class votes.

As I said, I am sorry the Minister experienced this, but there are families struggling every day with a lot worse, because of his decisions.
10-02-2019, 16:23   #30
Juanito13

Quote:
How long is a piece of string?

To raise a topical example, the fact that our nurses are rushing around trying to manage twice or three times the number of patients than is safe.

Or how about the lack of primary care facilities that should be able to detect and treat problems, especially in the elderly, before they have to present at an acute hospital?

How about patients lying on trolleys because there isn't the capacity to admit them, when they need medical treatment?

Shall we discuss psychiatric hospitals, and the near absence of public resources for people suffering with mental illness, until they reach a point where they become a danger to themselves or to others?

All of these factors are interrelated, and all reduce the life expectancy of patients who deserve better. This occurs by dint of a conscious decision of our Government to trade health outcomes for middle-class votes.

As I said, I am sorry the Minister experienced this, but there are families struggling every day with a lot worse, because of his decisions.

All problems that existed prior to his tenure as minister for health. He doesn’t have a magic wand. I’m a frontline worker in the health service, it’s been in ****e for years
(85) thanks from:
AdamD, Adamocovic, ahnowbrowncow, AlanG, Amirani, AndrewJRenko, anewme, AudreyHepburn, Avatar MIA, bada_bing, bee06, Birneybau, blairbear, Blowfish, Buford T Justice, cazwhatever, CFlat, CheerLouth, claiomh solais, cocokabana, Colonel Claptrap, CQD, CrabRevolution, DeanAustin, DebDynamite, December2012, denartha, denismc, dmaprelude, DoctorStrange, DoubleD, dublinman1990, enfant terrible, FAILSAFE 00, FionnK86, For Forks Sake, Four Phucs Ache, fullstop, Gimme A Pound, gman127, Hotblack Desiato, Itineoman, Jakey Rolling, jaykay74, jimmycrackcorm, jmreire, KathleenGrant, Kingp35, kub, lbc2019, maximoose, Mooooo, Mortelaro, murria, musiknonstop, newport2, NH2013, Odelay, omega man, onedmc, RikkFlair, rsl1976, seligehgit, setanta1000, ShaneC93, Sheep breeder, StinkyMunkey, Sugar Free, sullivlo, SusieBlue, Tacitus Kilgore, techdiver, Tell me how, TerrorFirmer, The Princess Bride, Timberrrrrrrr, UsBus, Ush1, voldejoie, wetlandsboy, Wishbone Ash, Witcher, Yeah_Right, yermandan, Zadkiel

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion