Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2019, 15:56   #61
bubblypop

Roasting a chicken for dinner & ironing. I hate ironing. This time though it's for my holidays, so not so bad!!
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 16:01   #62
Shoesdayschild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblypop View Post
Roasting a chicken for dinner & ironing. I hate ironing. This time though it's for my holidays, so not so bad!!
Aldi have a little hand held steamer this week for €25, BP. It’s grand if you’re not doing lots of ironing at the one time, like say you had three tops to do now. Def worth a purchase if you hate ironing.

Relaxing
03-02-2019, 16:20   #63
lbc2019

In Etihad Stadium- City end! Oh Kevin De Bruyne! Lolz
(4) thanks from:
03-02-2019, 16:36   #64
Grandeeod

Heading for a high stool. The flight is well on its way.

FREE GAFF!
03-02-2019, 16:52   #65
Duvet Day

Just back from Dunnes, checked 2 lotto tickets and one 4e,got 2x2e all cash from winnings and just one 20e on one of them.. I'm on a roll so will do the euromillion on Tuesday night, hand in yer notice tomorrow lads, we're out of here Wednesday morning. 😜
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 17:12   #66
smurfjed

My side won the battle and got me here using a cockpit seat, so now I have 12 hours before work

If they had lost the battle I would have found myself traipsing down the right side of Africa for the next 4 days

Ah well, can’t win them all
03-02-2019, 17:16   #67
cbyrd

Yay new thread...
Woohoo party in grands House.
I'm on the couch, very slight hangover, didn't get out of bed til 11:30, and then did nothing. Like yesterday, didn't get up til 12 and them spent most of the day watching Schitts Creek, it's hilarious.
I still managed to vacuum fold the laundry match the socks and clean the bathroom.
Crumlin again tomorrow, contemplating the train but won't get home til 9pm, decisions decisions..
03-02-2019, 17:22   #68
BBFAN

I'm dreading work tomorrow guys, I've basically to ask someone to proof their income and/or savings before allowing them access to our service.

Really uncomfortable with that and don't even know if it's allowable.

Can't give away too much for fear of someone recognising me.

It's not a charity I work for though, it is a for profit business so I kind of get it but just feel really weird about it.
03-02-2019, 17:33   #69
Shoesdayschild

BB, don’t feel bad. You are following orders. And to be honest, if I was going to buy something (on credit I’m assuming) that I was to repay over 3 years, I wouldn’t mind showing I could afford it. I know it isn’t the same thing but in my job I take booking fees for some treatments so people don’t waste my time. If they refuse to pay it that’s ok because I know they won’t come and I’ve no issue with wasted time and if they don’t mind paying they’ll genuinely show up.
I suppose what I’m getting at is, if it’s truly genuine they shouldn’t mind proving they’re in it for the long haul but I agree it wouldn’t be nice having to ask.

Thinking about taking a nap, does anyone want to read me a story
Advertisement
03-02-2019, 17:34   #70
Persepoly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoesdayschild View Post
BB, don’t feel bad. You are following orders. And to be honest, if I was going to buy something (on credit I’m assuming) that I was to repay over 3 years, I wouldn’t mind showing I could afford it. I know it isn’t the same thing but in my job I take booking fees for some treatments so people don’t waste my time. If they refuse to pay it that’s ok because I know they won’t come and I’ve no issue with wasted time and if they don’t mind paying they’ll genuinely show up.
I suppose what I’m getting at is, if it’s truly genuine they shouldn’t mind proving they’re in it for the long haul but I agree it wouldn’t be nice having to ask.

I will!!

Just gimmee a min.
03-02-2019, 17:36   #71
Trigger Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persepoly View Post
I will!!

Just gimmee a min.
I would love to hear a bedtime story that you would think up for shoes!
Make it a podcast.
03-02-2019, 17:46   #72
BBFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoesdayschild View Post

That's the problem, it's not a financial product and I said that to the boss the other day.

It's a service that's paid for monthly and they've already paid a month in advance so who am I to ask can they afford it for the next 3 years?
(3) thanks from:
03-02-2019, 17:48   #73
Persepoly

Once upon a time in a land filled will beautiful dresses and beautiful shoes there lived a lovely lady. This lady lived in a house that smelt of lavender and honeysuckle and was full to the brim of fluffy bouncing dogs. Life however was sometimes difficult because in a neighbouring land there lived a coven of wicked witches. These witches were jealous of our lady with the honeysuckle house and fluffy bouncing dogs.
They liked to cast spells and use voodoo magic to create upset and discomfort.

The lovely lady was angry. She had enough and decided it was time to fight back. Alas she had no spells or voodoo magic at her disposal. So she decided to seek counsel from the old wise Persepoly Godmother. "Please Persepoly Godmother what can I do to stem the tide of tricksy mischief? How do I stand strong against such malevolence".

Persepoly Godmother knew a thing or two about such predicaments.
"Honeysuckle lady you must grow love in your heart everyday. Cuddle your doggies. Work hard. Keep your house and your mind beautiful. That is the best piece of magic you can do in order to keep the nasty witches away. For they wither in the face of contentment and joy".

The lovely lady suddenly filled with stars and the sun bounced off her skin. She did exactly what the wise old woman to her to do and the coven of wickedness slinked away in to their holes of darkness never to be heard of again.

03-02-2019, 17:48   #74
Shoesdayschild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFAN View Post
That's the problem, it's not a financial product and I said that to the boss the other day.

It's a service that's paid for monthly and they've already paid a month in advance so who am I to ask can they afford it for the next 3 years?
How long is the contract for and has it ever been asked of anyone else? If it’s something that’s required on occasion fair enough but if it’s never asked of people I can see why you’d be a bit taken aback.

Actually can’t contain myself for this story
03-02-2019, 17:50   #75
Shoesdayschild

Hahahahaha that’s made my day!! I haven’t had anyone make up a story for me since my dad thanks godmother P!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion