Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-01-2019, 22:08   #16
TheRiverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliebin30 View Post
They want more money yet they are giving out about conditions and worried about patients safety?

Which is it, surely they should want the extra money spent on recruitment if they are giving out about staff shortages?

More union greed, where will it end?

Another bankrupt country in a few years.
Someday you might like to have nurses who are well paid and stress free if you are sick in hospital.I'm sure you would like to have the best possible care if you ever become a patient in a hospital ward.
The point they are making is under the current pay and working conditions it is extremely hard to recruit new graduates into the HSE,leaving all hospitals short staffed and creating stress and danger to existing staff and also to patients.Extra beds are needed in every hospital in the country,that means more staff.Then there is the appalling situation of the HSE spending millions on agency staff every year.I could go on.
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 22:08   #17
gctest50

The Aras Attracta ones are suspended on full pay - how did they get away with that ?

They went very quiet about that

The HSE are spending € 43,000,000 on moving people out of places like aras attracta

€ 43,000,000 ? that's a lot of moving

How many more Bungalow 3's were there ?

Batter an elderly non-verbal autistic woman and get early retirement on full wages !

What a country !

Last edited by gctest50; 08-01-2019 at 22:11.
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 22:11   #18
Wheeliebin30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiverman View Post
Someday you might like to have nurses who are well paid and stress free if you are sick in hospital.I'm sure you would like to have the best possible care if you ever become a patient in a hospital ward.
The point they are making is under the current pay and working conditions it is extremely hard to recruit new graduates into the HSE,leaving all hospitals short staffed and creating stress and danger to existing staff and also to patients.Extra beds are needed in every hospital in the country,that means more staff.Then there is the appalling situation of the HSE spending millions on agency staff every year.I could go on.
Why are they looking for more money so?

Do you think throwing money at them will make them work harder?
08-01-2019, 22:15   #19
hmmm

No, because next we'll have the teachers, then the doctors, then the consultants, then the revenue staff, then the ESB, etc etc. Before you know it we'll have benchmarking mark 2.

The public and civil service already earns far more than the private sector, and we pay enough tax as it is.
08-01-2019, 22:16   #20
Cee-Jay-Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrigghtythen View Post
I think they are adequately paid.
Who are you to decide they're adequately paid??
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 22:18   #21
The Rape of Lucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelay View Post
They have a 6% turnover of staff, not exactly a sign of serious staffing problems. I think this is being over hyped in the media.
If you have a union spinning a story for long enough, some people start to believe it unfortunately.

What's the standard working week for a nurse I hear you ask ?
(4) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 22:19   #22
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee-Jay-Cee View Post
He's a tax payer
08-01-2019, 22:20   #23
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rape of Lucretia View Post
If you have a union spinning a story for long enough, some people start to believe it unfortunately.

What's the standard working week for a nurse I hear you ask ?
37 hours, average salary is 55k per annum not including overtime
08-01-2019, 22:20   #24
touts

There is a good chance the Brexit Recession will make the banking collapse look like a small economic correction. If that happens public service pay cuts will be the order of the day not pay rises.
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 22:20   #25
enricoh

Quote:
A 6% turnover in staff tells me more than an ingrid miley union love in exclusive!
08-01-2019, 22:22   #26
Happy4all

Quote:
People are allowed have opinions.
08-01-2019, 22:22   #27
Bubbaclaus

Unions have ruined this country. They used to serve a very necessary purpose, but these days its just constant calling of strikes in order to get paid more and more.
08-01-2019, 22:22   #28
Bellerstring

They are fantastic, are angels, do an unbelievable job and are nowhere near paid enough
08-01-2019, 22:24   #29
wat24

The average salary really are averages due to the high earners who are usually in management. I’m 6 years qualified and on 36,000. Most of the nurses working with me are on around the same. There’s far too many bed managers and nurse managers working admin roles that aren’t hands on frontline care. That’s where the money is going
(111) thanks from:
2_fri, ahnowbrowncow, Ak84, AlekSmart, Bacchus, ballyharpat, barney 20v, beertons, Bigbagofcans, billie1b, bladespin, blairbear, bodice ripper, bri007, chopperbyrne, chrismon, chris_ie, ConcertKing, Cosmo K, CrabRevolution, cruizer101, crustybla, Dave147, DrPhilG, Drumpot, Emme, finno, Fralmar, frash, frozenfrozen, fxotoole, GarIT, gman127, GoneHome, IvoryTower, Jade182, JamesL85, Jane98, JayZeus, jim o doom, jmreire, joefuss1986, josephsoap, JR79, Juanito13, Kellford, KevRossi, Kevwoody, kilsmum, Knex., kona, Lackey, Laneyh, Lemonposset, lillielad, liquoriceall, Lithium93_, lochlach, Longing, Loveinapril, marko93, martyboy48, Matta Harri, mirrorwall14, MissElle, MJohnston, Murray TheDemonic TalkingSkull, needwater, NH2013, norabattie, Pappa Dolla, peekachoo, Penny Dreadful, Quandary, redarmy, riffmongous, RinusLaptop76, SATSUMA, Schindlers Pissed, seasidedub, shellda1, Simi, SirChenjin, spodoinkle, spurious, steves2, StinkyMunkey, storker, Subcomandante Marcos, Sunflower 27, SuperTortoise, SusieBlue, S_D, The Prince of Cumberland, Thephantomsmask, TheRiverman, the_pen_turner, tigerboon, Timistry, tonzboher, treade1, trick, twowheelsonly, uch, Victor McDade, victor8600, weldoninhio, westernfrenzy, WoollyRedHat, yermandan, Your Face
08-01-2019, 22:25   #30
thee glitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
37 hours, average salary is 55k per annum not including overtime
Can you give a source please?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text