Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

ixus wrote: »
    Globo, in case you are not aware, there is a long term plan to build the Maynooth Ring Road by the Carton wall. This link to the two new schools by Moyglare Hall and around to the Celbridge Road. This road will be extremely busy in the future.

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/calls-for-maynooth-ring-road-with-traffic-challenge-on-constant-basis/135481

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

you2008 wrote: »

It'll actually cut in quite a lot further south on the north side of the town.

Due to some of it being in Meath and being tied to plans there, its likely that the north-eastern arc will be finished first despite not being anywhere near the most needed (the eastern side is); but it'll still move some traffic off the Main Street.

L1011 wrote: »
    Due to some of it being in Meath and being tied to plans there, its likely that the north-eastern arc will be finished first despite not being anywhere near the most needed (the eastern side is); but it'll still move some traffic off the Main Street.

seems that will be the case, poor family who redone their house ( was on RTÉ home to improve ) - the ring rd may or may not cut through their back yard?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

seems that will be the case, poor family who redone their house ( was on RTÉ home to improve ) - the ring rd may or may not cut through their back yard?

It won't - it'll run right beside them though; and there isn't a chance in the world they're not aware of that already because its 'only' been in planning for 29 years and with the route for the eastern side picked for about 15!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

globo2016 wrote: »
    It's scheduled to be ready in March/April, so they might be only starting with phase two in February. You can check that with Savills anyway, they should be able to give you a rough idea.

There are green areas planned within it and a nice balance of 3, 4 and 5 bed distributed throughout the development. In the brochure, you can see the full estate plan and layout and what houses overlook those green areas. I didn't really take notice of the road noise to be honest, it's a relatively small road, but it is busy enough. I suppose the houses that face the road would probably be more affected by road noise, as opposed to the houses at the back of the development towards carton avenue.

Can I just check with you whether you were told if this estate will be run by management company or manged by Kildare Co Council? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 globo2016

There's no management company.

Hi, just wondering anyone that has bought a house here, are all houses particularly A types suitable for attic conversion. I noted on the price list posted elsewhere that certain houses were prepped for attic conversion for a hefty €20k extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cuda

Was at the last open viewing - They're quoting an extra 23k to prep the house for attic conversion and over 30 (I don't have the exact figure but 38 is in my head) for a full conversion with ensuite. They order a different type of roof from the timber frame providers if you want the attic done so the standard ones are not designed for it.

b_cuda wrote: »
    Was at the last open viewing - They're quoting an extra 23k to prep the house for attic conversion and over 30 (I don't have the exact figure but 38 is in my head) for a full conversion with ensuite. They order a different type of roof from the timber frame providers if you want the attic done so the standard ones are not designed for it.
    Thanks for that, I hadn't realised that timber frame houses are so much more expensive to convert attic.
    I suppose that means if you don't get them to change roof from output a conversion is a non- runner down the line?

Would likely be unfeasibly expensive - roof off job probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cuda

L1011 wrote: »
    Would likely be unfeasibly expensive - roof off job probably.
    Yeah exactly. They have to put in extra support too for extra flooring etc in the attic. Although from what I've been told, the builders have to do a lot of extras to meet the building regulations. If you're doing it yourself later you aren't under obligation to stick to those so there might be a limited amount you could do without tearing the whole thing apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

Hi all,

Myself and my partner are interested in a three bed terraced and I was wondering if anyone else has? As far as I know it is a timber frame house with no concrete blocks between. I would like to get a surveyor into view the house before it's fully constructed but im not sure that'll be allowed as the site is still a construction site. Anyone have any tips or recommendations that might provide some assurance around same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RAJR

Maynooth Carton wood houses : who has visited the house lately and what are the issues..

We here havent not visited any of the show house.

What would you advise to someone who is readily buying a house without seeing the show house?

Thanks,
    Rajr.

RAJR wrote: »
    Maynooth Carton wood houses : who has visited the house lately and what are the issues..

We here havent not visited any of the show house.

What would you advise to someone who is readily buying a house without seeing the show house?

Thanks,
    Rajr.

The show house won't be open again until they launch 2nd phase,no date confirmed for that as yet. I would say take a good look at site map and house type taking into account orientation of back gardens etc so you know what you are getting into.
    Was anyone on here at the last launch day... was there big crowds queuing up from early? Just want to get a sense of what to expect- thanks

[QUOTE=
    Was anyone on here at the last launch day... was there big crowds queuing up from early? Just want to get a sense of what to expect- thanks[/QUOTE]

like you said - it was .... all was in 2016, now its 2017 :D:D:D:D

like you said - it was .... all was in 2016, now its 2017 :D:D:D:D

Are you saying there will be a big demand because of first time buyer grant? When the last phase was launched the grant had been announced already- I wasn't at the last launch day was there big crowds queuing does anyone know? Many thanks

westsider wrote: »
    Are you saying there will be a big demand because of first time buyer grant? When the last phase was launched the grant had been announced already- I wasn't at the last launch day was there big crowds queuing does anyone know? Many thanks

yea - was announced, but the point is who got it in 2016? I am nt saying there is or not a big demand, I just give u hints :P:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

yea - was announced, but the point is who got it in 2016? I am nt saying there is or not a big demand, I just give u hints :P:P:P:P

Mod note

Accommodation and Property is a serious forum. Posters are asked to post constructively. Please bear this in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

I was at the pre launch there in November. People started to show up about a hour before the advertised time and there was a queue formed at the sales office very quickly. Think they sold 11 that morning.

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    I was at the pre launch there in November. People started to show up about a hour before the advertised time and there was a queue formed at the sales office very quickly. Think they sold 11 that morning.

Thanks for the info, it's good to know what to expect, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

Have been informed that Phase 2 launch has been pushed from spring to summer 2017. Seems they have some unsold units from phase1 (4&5bed) which they need to sell first...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

NM123 wrote:
    Have been informed that Phase 2 launch has been pushed from spring to summer 2017. Seems they have some unsold units from phase1 (4&5bed) which they need to sell first...

By whom, I spoke with Savilles on Wednesday and this was not mentioned and from a recent visit the houses were flying up. When 70 plus houses of the development are some variation of 3 bed this would make little sense. Unless the developer is waiting for the summer to drive up the 3 bed variant price ranges. Thanks

Hi, did you hear this from Savills directly. I know they were going to start with unsold phase 1 but didn't hear about phase 2 been pushed out further. Thanks.

Yes we were told this on Friday from Savills. We called up looking for the price list as we expected next launch in the next week or so and were hoping to buy a 3bed. Only to be told they would be opening up but only to release remaining 4&5 beds again next week

That's disappointing, we too hoped to get a 3 bed in this phase. We'll have to see what we'll do now.

westsider wrote: »
    That's disappointing, we too hoped to get a 3 bed in this phase. We'll have to see what we'll do now.

Yes very. I'm hoping they just want to see how they get on next week with selling remaining units and then they can decide when to start next phase. Was hard to get details out of Savills so hopefully they will be able to clarify exact situation in the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

I think the developer has modified the internal design of the 4 bed houses so they are probably relaunching these these next week to try and get a few more units sold before the phase 2 launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Wonder is it a timing thing with Carton Grove in first phase mode. Keep perception of limited supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

ixus wrote:
    Wonder is it a timing thing with Carton Grove in first phase mode. Keep perception of limited supply.

Any info on Carton Grove. Don't see anything posted anywhere about the development or developer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Collins Scruffy Mime

I think you are all crazy! These houses are boxy, priced at a premium and are beside the halting site! What is this thing about new houses? The second hand houses in much older, settled estates are a better bet! You will not add value to a new house! A few houses have come up in carton Court and sold in a few weeks. I see a detached house in carton Court, which s friend has viewed, for €399k, amazing! Walkin at €100k less than new ones and iit had the extras that you won't get in a new build! 3 carton court am I missing something? Help please!

Advertisement