Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Comments

• just saw lightning here to my east

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

not a single flake in navan by now, but oh so cold, oh so oh so cold. football training was fun this evening!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

talkabout wrote: »
    Some pictures of the snow

Roughly the same covering as here, another decent looking shower on the way soon by the looks of it

The wind has turned NNE here now, I believe thats what you lot on the east coast are looking out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

long time reader of the forum, first time to post though, thought i should say thank you to all the weather experts namely su campu, weathercheck, wolfeire, darkman2 and of course M.T. cranium who make it easy for us laymen to understand and in my opinion, give us better forecasts than met eireann.

here, a couple of miles in from the east coast i'm hoping to wake up to some white stuff when i look out the window tomorrow

Can't agree more....

Wake up to a White outside in Greystones ??

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

its gone to -.8 here and still clear skys, the m2 buoy also wnt from 0.1 to 1.0c dew point, temp has stayed at 5.7c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

No Snow here in Limerick. Bloody hell Galway has snow, I have to be there at 9:30 in the morning. :eek: The one bloody weekend I have to be there :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

there is a decent dusting here now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Ah i cant belive it meath is gonna be dry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

carlmwan wrote: »
    Ah i cant belive it meath is gonna be dry:(

Have faith my child ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

just saw lightning here to my east

Ohh! You're bringing back memories of a snow event last winter now!!

Getting in the mood now:),,, For snow that is :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The level of optimism and sometimes ignorance os outrageous on the other threads, the old ones. ''Whiteout'' ''blizzard'' ''deep snowdrifts'' etc . . .they are not going to happen anywhere on the easy coast as everyone seems to think, it might be sleet or rain, if you're lucky showers of snow. Measured in cm, not feet. Don't be exaggerating people!!!

Whiteout . . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Showers in the Irish sea seem to slowly be edging closer to the east coast :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

whitemocha wrote: »
    PISTOLPETES 11 can you give me the link to that chart you posted when i go into will it rain today i only get the orangy one cant find where the red etc is

thanks

Its the paid version , think its only €25 for the year , but well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭carlmwan

Have faith my child ;)

Ye but this got me worried
    Originally Posted by Gonzo
    The short sea-track between us and Isle of Man is preventing showers to develop and we will mostly escape with a dry, sunny and frosty weekend. Dublin southwards will have lots of showers because of a much larger sea track with room for showers to develop.It happened all last winter and looks like it's gonna happen again over the next 2 days at least. Hope im wrong tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Dear Snow

Come to offaly soon !!

~Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Came accross this a few minutes ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

folks was just out for a bit & seems to hav gotten milder in dublin,am i imagineing things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Dear Snow

Come to offaly soon !!

~Kind regards

Just unlucky with the set up tonight. Plenty of showers and snow about 40 miles west but heading north south. So we need a wind change and a large slice of luck this weekend and next week too by the looks of things. Plenty of frost around though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Winger_PL wrote: »
    that's actually me :o got bored last winter and had a spare mic hanging around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Snowing nicely in Castlebar now,nice dusting on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

grrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

m2 dp down to .4 :D:D & the showers are starting to move inwards off the sea according to the latest MET radar... WIll I start getting excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Winger_PL wrote: »

Haha ... the classic... always love listening to that ! ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Snowing nicely in Castlebar now,nice dusting on the ground.

On Raintoday/met.ie looks like it's heading straight for me and I've to head out driving in about half an hour. Should be fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Yep saw both those flashes myself in Naas. Was driving east at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Starting to snow again in Galway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Watching the toy show so haven't had time to read through the thread! So who can expect to wake up to snow in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

ive never seen snow like it here in the west. Its really coming down in the biggest flakes ive ever seen in this country. Look at the radar, all that lovely snow coming into the west!!! At last the west gets it and the east doesnt!!!!!! About time. Deep Easterly must be loving this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Yeah it's quite frustrating for us in the midlands at the moment, theres snow to the north, west and south west and later it's forecast for the east, but it's been bone dry here and looks like it for the next few days, however this cold spell is lasting for another week at least so hopefully something will eventually come;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    that's actually me :o got bored last winter and had a spare mic hanging around the place

Why does this not surprise me WolfIRE? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement