Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aughamore in Clane

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭daithilfc

laurafay wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

Did you have a long wait on esb meter going in? Once thats done we are good to snag.

Be great if you could send me on Declan number.

No problem. I was at the computer so was easy to just provide all the details. :)

We didn't have delay with our esb meter but there was a delay connecting up the services when it came to our group of houses. Its hard to tell with them as they work on their own schedule but hopefully it won't delay you too long.

It means they have more time to finish off the other parts of the house more and hopefully less snags for you ;)

I'll pm you the number now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Charlesmarls

Hi Daithi,

was reading this, do you know if Saorview TV is an option?

Thanks

Hi Daithi,

was reading this, do you know if Saorview TV is an option?

Thanks

Hey,

Can't see any reason why you cant get it, I'm nearly positive my neighbour has it actually. All it requires is the installation of an aerial in the right location. It doesn't need any other services into the estate.

There is a Satellite shop down the village (across from Aldi), Willie is the guy who works in it and they could easily set this up for you if you like. Maybe even a Saorview/Freeview combination using the existing cables in the house.

If you need his details, shoot me a PM.

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has been having problems with virgin broadband?

or would vodafone broadband be the better option?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Hey Charlesmarls.

I guess it really depends on what you'll be using it for. I'd be a fairly bog standard internet user, general browsing, bit of netflix and sports streaming, nothing too heavy, and I've found it fine for the most part. It has been down once or twice since I moved in, but tbh I'm not sure any of the main providers are ever 100% reliable.

I think others in the estate might not be so happy with them though, so maybe worth getting a few other opinions.

• Advertisement

cheers for that!

I heard the same that others had problems.

vodafone are offering 1000gb speed compared to 240mb speed for cheaper also, so think we would be mad not to switch while we are still in cooling period with virgin?

thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Wow, I didn't realise Vodafone were offering that. Definitely sounds like a better choice than Virgin then. I had Vodafone for years in my previous place and never had any issues with it at all.

cheers for that!

I heard the same that others had problems.

vodafone are offering 1000gb speed compared to 240mb speed for cheaper also, so think we would be mad not to switch while we are still in cooling period with virgin?

thanks for the info!

We have Virgin broadband and overall its been quite good. Couple of drops but nothing too terrible. Speed is decent enough too once you dont rely on their Hub for the Wifi.

Been keeping an eye on the SIRO rollout which Vodafone seem to be a part of.
    https://siro.ie/towns/clane/

When I checked our address no their site though it gave me an error. Not sure if the estate has been fully rolled out to yet. Could just be a site glitch also

My parents got the Fibre broadband from Eir and the guy who came out to install said that the SIRO is similar but they use the electricity wires to bring it to the location before coming into the house with the fibre cable. Im not 100% sure how this will work with the estate and whether they can run it through the ducting.

No harm in giving them a call and checking it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jcafferk

Hello All
    I have placed a deposit down on a 4 Bed in Phase 4. Any advice from current residents on dos and don'ts?
    i am interested in any modifications that people got done compared to show house and how you felt it turned out.

Im thinking of moving washer/dryer under stairs and looking into options to increase Kitchen cupboard space.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    James

jcafferk wrote: »
    Hello All
    I have placed a deposit down on a 4 Bed in Phase 4. Any advice from current residents on dos and don'ts?
    i am interested in any modifications that people got done compared to show house and how you felt it turned out.

Im thinking of moving washer/dryer under stairs and looking into options to increase Kitchen cupboard space.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    James

Congratulations on putting your deposit down James. Is the house one or the ones which are already built beside the show house or the ones at the back?

There is already a lot of improvements made to the new houses compared to the first few phases. All small things but very nice still.
    The main one is the vents, the new system seems much better and you shouldn't have baltic bathrooms like we do ;-)

From what I can see they are a bit more generous with the wardrobes too and have filled out the wall in the top bedroom and back bedroom. This was something we did extra

The kitchen layout seems to be better too and they have a lot better storage options. If you want to make changes to the kitchen I'd consider looking around at other suppliers too. The lad who does the kitchen and wardrobes isn't the easiest to deal with and anyone who has wanted changes experienced the same hassels.
    If you are happy with the standard then there is no issues. We adjusted a couple of the presses and storage options after which is always possible.

One thing we didn't do which is recommend, if possible, change the bathroom sinks to ones with storage. the new ones don't take up as much space as our ones but storage in the bathrooms is a big things which it's harder to get after.

We didn't change the layout of the downstairs toilet and utility but I think "Here we go" did, maybe shoot them a quick private message for advise.
    Here we go wrote: »
    I got vanity/units in some of the bathrooms. Plenty of space! Benny in heatwise is very helpful, I changed all the bathrooms. He’s very patient!

If you get a chance to go around with the electrician, take time to figure out everywhere your want power and TV points. It's good to be able adjust this.

Apart from that I can't think of anything else to improve off the top of my head. If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jcafferk

Hi Daithi
    Thanks for all the great advice. I did not even think of bathroom sink storage but it is definitely something i would like to get. I put the deposit down on one of the houses beside show home. They are built already so just need to get update of what stage they are at. I do not think i will have to wait long anyway.

I took a walk around area today and everything looked pristine in estate and neighbouring estate so i was very impressed.

James

jcafferk wrote: »
    Hi Daithi
    Thanks for all the great advice. I did not even think of bathroom sink storage but it is definitely something i would like to get. I put the deposit down on one of the houses beside show home. They are built already so just need to get update of what stage they are at. I do not think i will have to wait long anyway.

I took a walk around area today and everything looked pristine in estate and neighbouring estate so i was very impressed.

James

Hi James,

No problem at all, as i said its something we wish we thought of sooner and now we have the choice of getting one of the units for under the sink which arent great or replacing the sink.

Thats great news, as far as I know they are pretty much complete and it would only be the tiling and paint choices which you would be able make now. Hopfully you can make a change to the sinks at least. Benny in Heatwise is very helpful. If you are still able to make changes to the fitting, give him a call and he will be able swap stuff out for you on the order for your house.

The main thing at this stage will be to make sure you get a good snag done and as much as possible, hold off completing the sale until the snag is complete. Im not sure how they are now with the snags but its always a lot harder to get them back after to finish stuff off. They do come back, just could be waiting a while.

The estate is lovely to be fair, everyone is very helpful and there is a nice mix of people. Most are new to the area too so we are all in the same boat.

Hopefully all goes smoothly for you and you are picking up your keys as soon as possible.

If you need any advise or numbers for trades or suppliers, let me know. As far as I am aware most of the same are still working on the site.

Dáithí

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Milio

Hi guys,

We are looking to buy one of the last few remaining properties. I just have a couple of questions.

The whole estate looks beautiful and extremely well kept, but we have a few concerns about the apartments coming in next. Has there been any images/information released apart from the site plan on the brochure ?

I always read in the above tread about them potentially putting the pylons under the ground has there been anymore updates on this ?

Thank you in advance

Milio wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We are looking to buy one of the last few remaining properties. I just have a couple of questions.

The whole estate looks beautiful and extremely well kept, but we have a few concerns about the apartments coming in next. Has there been any images/information released apart from the site plan on the brochure ?

I always read in the above tread about them potentially putting the pylons under the ground has there been anymore updates on this ?

Thank you in advance

Hi Milio,

There isn't much information at this stage but they do plan on building them next. The latest plans show the 3 buildings with 12 apartments in each. However the 3rd building will have less in the end as it will have the crèche instead of a few of the apartments.

You can see the full details in the document section of the latest application
    http://www.eplanning.ie/KildareCC/AppFileRefDetails/181324/0

Regarding the pylons, I have heard nothing about them being put underground. They are a little bit away from the houses to be fair so I can't see them changing them at this time.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Milio

Thank you very much for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

Hi all,

I know no one has posted here for a while, especially the majority of you guys have been living there for a few years now.
    We just put a booking deposit in literally one of the last 4bed houses available.
    The house it's in pretty advanced state which is great, but also it means we can't ask for any modification before having it built.

One of the things we are not fond of is the fireplace.
    We are not sure if it's worth the hassle, but we would prefer the living room with a bit of extra space and a empty straight wall to use as we like.
    Has anyone had any experience of getting the fireplace and the "fake" wall removed?

Any advice on that and frankly anything else we should be careful with, will greatly be appreciated.

Troula wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know no one has posted here for a while, especially the majority of you guys have been living there for a few years now.
    We just put a booking deposit in literally one of the last 4bed houses available.
    The house it's in pretty advanced state which is great, but also it means we can't ask for any modification before having it built.

One of the things we are not fond of is the fireplace.
    We are not sure if it's worth the hassle, but we would prefer the living room with a bit of extra space and a empty straight wall to use as we like.
    Has anyone had any experience of getting the fireplace and the "fake" wall removed?

Any advice on that and frankly anything else we should be careful with, will greatly be appreciated.

Hey, congratulations on getting your deposit down.
    Hopefully the process of getting in will be as quick as possible.

I live in one of the older style 4 beds which has a chimney so I can't offer any direct advice on the new layout with regards to what the chimney breasts function is apart from aesthetic. If it's only aesthetic then it should be simple enough apart from plastering and painting the section again.

I haven't heard of anyone else removing this wall either

I would reach out to the builder directly and site manager to see about the chance of having it removed on request and if that it could be done for a small fee if needed. Having it done by the builder would be the cheapest option.

The only other advice would be something mentioned before. Depending how far along it is, have a look at the options for sockets and lights placement. Also one personal choice would be look at changing the sinks to one which have a built in storage unit under it. This can be done through heatwise directly if they are still the supplier.

Hopefully that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

daithilfc wrote: »
    Hey, congratulations on getting your deposit down.
    Hopefully the process of getting in will be as quick as possible.

I live in one of the older style 4 beds which has a chimney so I can't offer any direct advice on the new layout with regards to what the chimney breasts function is apart from aesthetic. If it's only aesthetic then it should be simple enough apart from plastering and painting the section again.

I haven't heard of anyone else removing this wall either

I would reach out to the builder directly and site manager to see about the chance of having it removed on request and if that it could be done for a small fee if needed. Having it done by the builder would be the cheapest option.

The only other advice would be something mentioned before. Depending how far along it is, have a look at the options for sockets and lights placement. Also one personal choice would be look at changing the sinks to one which have a built in storage unit under it. This can be done through heatwise directly if they are still the supplier.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for getting back to me.
    We talked with the site manager, and it seems that getting rid of the fire place and wall is a bigger job than initially we thought it would be.
    So we'll be sticking with it.

I did go through the whole thread and found quite a few tips which hopefully will come handy.

Fortunately or unfortunately it's very advanced, as in, almost ready for snagging.
    Not much we can change really.
    On the bright side we shouldn't have to wait too long before we'll be able to move in.

As for changing the sinks, i saw someone that posted photos (not sure if it was you) with them changed with built in storage units.
    Seems like a great way to keep things out of sight.
    Is that something that can be done on a later date as well?
    I mean all the sinks are already in place, so I am gonna assume no matter when, it will probably be the same process??

Troula wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    We talked with the site manager, and it seems that getting rid of the fire place and wall is a bigger job than initially we thought it would be.
    So we'll be sticking with it.

I did go through the whole thread and found quite a few tips which hopefully will come handy.

Fortunately or unfortunately it's very advanced, as in, almost ready for snagging.
    Not much we can change really.
    On the bright side we shouldn't have to wait too long before we'll be able to move in.

As for changing the sinks, i saw someone that posted photos (not sure if it was you) with them changed with built in storage units.
    Seems like a great way to keep things out of sight.
    Is that something that can be done on a later date as well?
    I mean all the sinks are already in place, so I am gonna assume no matter when, it will probably be the same process??

Ah that's fair enough, at least you know for sure and don't need to go exploring afterward. It's strange that it is a big job if its just an electric fireplace now.

Yea there are plus sides to being so far along, sometimes when you have the choice you can overthink it and no matter what you will still regret some decisions you made afterwards or stuff you forgot to do.

If the sinks are in then that's no problem it was more if they hadn't been fitted yet you could get them swapped for another type. Ours were in too before we thought of it but it is something I would have liked to have done. We just have a standard under sink cabinet now which does the trick.

Best of luck again with the move and if there is any questions feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Looking at apartments here. How's everyone settled in?

297k for a 2 bed apartment, not sure I even want to know what ye paid for houses a couple of years ago 🙈

• Advertisement
Advertisement