Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

• 14-07-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭swampy353

Just discovered that you get free phone insurance if you have a ufirst account. Have had the account for a while but they have just revamped it to put a limit of €1250 on the value of the phone (previously my 32gb 3gs was too expensive to be covered for free), 2000 airtime abuse and 250 accessory cover.

You also get 25% cash back against ticketmaster tickets when booked through the ufirst site.

I get it free through work (dont work for ulster bank), but its only a €10 a month. Iphone insurance isnt much less then a €10 a month anyway

See: Details Page

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

the website is now up and running, esp handy for tickets www.ufirstaccount.ie

registered for life cover policy and mobile policy myself previously but also saved a packet on oxegen tickets recently (had to send the receipt off to their offices as the website wasnt set up at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

What's the deal with airport lounge access, details are slim on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭swampy353

What's the deal with airport lounge access, details are slim on the website.
    Try downloading the PDF, only have a standard ufirst account

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Says Airport Lounge access is with http://www.prioritypass.com/ for a small fee

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

evostik wrote: »
    Says Airport Lounge access is with http://www.prioritypass.com/ for a small fee
    Yeah, it's crap. Free for the first year the €90+ per year after and €24 per person at the lounge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

swampy353 wrote: »
    I get it free through work (dont work for ulster bank)

How do work manage that? My employer banks with Ulster Bank, so would be a nice benefit!

evostik wrote: »
    How do work manage that? My employer banks with Ulster Bank, so would be a nice benefit!
    My employer moved banking to Ulster bank bout 2years ago, as part of the move they offered everyone who had an ulster bank accoun or signed up for an account were given free ufirst accounts.
    Work for a company with 4000+ employees

My iPhone insurance through fonesure was 11.99 so even paying for the account would still give me a saving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Yeah, it's crap. Free for the first year the €90+ per year after and €24 per person at the lounge.

From what I can tell the annual fee is waived every year and then just pay per use.

The UFirst Gold account recently became available again, it was closed to new applicants for a time. This now comes with the mobile phone insurance, world wide annual travel insurance, ticket discounts and lots of other goodies. This product is €14 per month. It saves me money as iPhone insurance plus my travel insurance would cost more if bought separately.

Another plus on UFirst accounts is that with a joint account all account holders have full benifets. So you can have both phones etc covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

It is probably v. obvious but make sure you register your phone with them and then register again each time you have an upgrade. I registered my phone the first time with them, then forgot when I upgraded and when that phone was lost couldn't make a claim despite being able to prove via O2 that had upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Don't know if this thread is too old to be digging up....

Where can I find out about the benifits fo ufirst? I went to ufirst.ie and it seems like I've to sign up to see what the benefits are! I want the details like if there is an excess on the travel insurance or phone insurane etc. and how exactly you claim the 25% back on tickets? Is it any tickets on ticketmaster?

• Advertisement

Don't know if this thread is too old to be digging up....

Where can I find out about the benifits fo ufirst? I went to ufirst.ie and it seems like I've to sign up to see what the benefits are! I want the details like if there is an excess on the travel insurance or phone insurane etc. and how exactly you claim the 25% back on tickets? Is it any tickets on ticketmaster?
    Here you go
    http://www.ulsterbank.com/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/extra-benefit-accounts.ashx?coid=UB_IE_Accounts_ri_current_ufirstmpi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

i recently booked 4 tickets for rammstein in the o2 end of the month and got approx. total cost was €287.20 and got €71.80 back. so basically tickets cost me €53.85 each instead of €71.80. Couldn't find Bavaria Street Racing tickets on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

Permanent TSB have a similar deal but just €10 a month, unsure which to go with!

Both have good perks to it, better check t & c's though on the travel insurance, is it adequate?!
    I read avoid gadget insurance .ie like a plague, does not cover for loss of phone (the biggest cause of claims).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

TonyB466 wrote: »
    Permanent TSB have a similar deal but just €10 a month, unsure which to go with!

Both have good perks to it, better check t & c's though on the travel insurance, is it adequate?!
    I read avoid gadget insurance .ie like a plague, does not cover for loss of phone (the biggest cause of claims).

Gadget cover is separate from phone cover.

eamon234 wrote: »
    TonyB466 wrote: »

Gadget cover is separate from phone cover.
    From the ufirst site:
    Covers most mobile phones - including iPhones and Blackberrys
    Loss, theft and accidental damage - including water, liquid and malicious damage
    Up to €1250 replacement value - if your mobile is lost or stolen, or can’t be repaired.
    Unauthorised calls cover - up to €2,000 for monthly contracts and up to €150 for pay as you go customers
    Your cover will begin 14 days after you register or change your mobile phone details

The insurance is only in force for as long as you have your ufirst Current Account.

If you make a claim, you will be asked for proof of purchase and must be able to provide this.
    If you wish to claim, you must register your claim within 48 hours of discovering any incident.
    If you’re outside the Republic of Ireland at the time of discovering the incident, you must register your claim within 48 hours of return to the Republic of Ireland.
    Excess €40 for the first claim. Full t&c
    http://www.cpp.co.uk/termsandconditions/termsAndConditionsUKPhonesafeUlsterBankROI/

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanPammer

Would love to hear from someone that's gone through the process;

How long did it take after it was reported and you provided proof of purchase?
    Did they send replacement handset or cheque?
    Claim process/paperwork hassle-some or nice and straightforward?!

I'm considering insuring my iPhone with them, at €10 a month with the ticketmaster discounts it seems pretty great.

From the ufirst site:
    Loss, theft and accidental damage - including water, liquid and malicious damage
    Up to €1250 replacement value - if your mobile is lost or stolen, or can’t be repaired.
    Unauthorised calls cover - up to €2,000 for monthly contracts and up to €150 for pay as you go customers
    Your cover will begin 14 days after you register or change your mobile phone details

The insurance is only in force for as long as you have your ufirst Current Account.

If you make a claim, you will be asked for proof of purchase and must be able to provide this.
    If you wish to claim, you must register your claim within 48 hours of discovering any incident.
    If you’re outside the Republic of Ireland at the time of discovering the incident, you must register your claim within 48 hours of return to the Republic of Ireland.
    http://www.cpp.co.uk/termsandconditions/termsAndConditionsUKPhonesafeUlsterBankROI/

THanks for that info on the excess on the phone... my phone not worth joining the insurance for as only worth about €100... Do you know where to get similar details on the travel insurance?

"Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we do not have any way to send out information to anyone who is not a current member of a uFirst account. However, if you can visit a local branch, they will have leaflets available, and staff that will be able to go over all of the benefits provided."

That was the response I've gotten when I emailed them for info..... Pretty ridiculous! I found a pdf file of the brochure online but it was lacking the detail I'm looking for... thinking of signing up to insureandgo.ie as they have a €0 excess travel insurance policy (on any types of claim) which is pretty cool, I doubt ulsterbank one will have this, but just want to make sure.

From the ufirst site:

THanks for that info on the excess on the phone... my phone not worth joining the insurance for as only worth about €100... Do you know where to get similar details on the travel insurance?

"Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we do not have any way to send out information to anyone who is not a current member of a uFirst account. However, if you can visit a local branch, they will have leaflets available, and staff that will be able to go over all of the benefits provided."

That was the response I've gotten when I emailed them for info..... Pretty ridiculous! I found a pdf file of the brochure online but it was lacking the detail I'm looking for... thinking of signing up to insureandgo.ie as they have a €0 excess travel insurance policy (on any types of claim) which is pretty cool, I doubt ulsterbank one will have this, but just want to make sure.
    From the ufirst site
    Benefits Table

The following table shows a summary of the benefits provided.
    Important Notes

Cover is only available to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland who are aged 64 or under on the day they go on holiday;
    One Policy per calendar year is available per Ulster Bank account which must remain active from the time of policy registration until the trip begins;
    For each claim under one or more of the sections below marked with an asterisk (*), an excess of €90 per person will be deducted;
    The full details of the cover provided are ONLY provided in the Policy Wording;
    The table below does not replace the Policy Summary document, which you should read before you register for this insurance;
    Cover Section Benefit Amount
    For each person insured we pay up to...
    Medical expenses, including repatriation* Unlimited
    ACE Assistance Unlimited
    Cancellation & Curtailment* €1,500
    Personal property* €,1000 (limit for any single item - €100; total payable for all valuable items - €100)
    Money* €100
    Personal liability €1,000,000
    Legal advice/expenses €25,000
    Petcare Fees €10 per day (max. €100)
    Travel delay a) €10 after 12 hrs delay, €10 after next 12 hrs etc. (max. €100); or
    b) €1,500* if holiday is abandoned after 24 hrs delay (outward)
    Personal accident €10,000/€2,500 (See policy for full details)
    Lost passport €100
    Hospital Benefit €20 for each 24 hrs (max. €200)

Note it only covers for one trip a year on the standard ufirst account. Think the gold account has full annual travel insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

SeanPammer wrote: »
    Would love to hear from someone that's gone through the process;

How long did it take after it was reported and you provided proof of purchase?
    Did they send replacement handset or cheque?
    Claim process/paperwork hassle-some or nice and straightforward?!

I'm considering insuring my iPhone with them, at €10 a month with the ticketmaster discounts it seems pretty great.

The Ticketmaster discount is not as good as it sounds.
    It has to be booked through them so for gigs that will sell out in any short period of time it's pointless, takes too long.
    I bought Pearl Jam tickets recently but they sold out in minutes (knew they would) so had to book it direct at full price. If you want tickets for something that wont sell out for maybe a week or more then it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭skydish79

Is the tickemaster code a generic code or specific to your ulster bank account

• Advertisement

From the ufirst site

Note it only covers for one trip a year on the standard ufirst account. Think the gold account has full annual travel insurance

Thanks a lot! the €90 excess on travel insurance and €40 excess on phone insurance are a bit steep for me... Don't think I'd use the ticketmaster thing enough to warrant it.

Don't know where you found that info on travel insurance anywhere! You were far more helpful than the times I tried contacting ufisrt! THey expect people to sign up online without knowing the full details!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

Re ticketmaster discount. It works just as a click through via the ufirst account to the ticketmaster account so don't think you would lose out much timewise unless it is an event that sells out in half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

9uofbc.png
    In 6 months. And my employer pays the ufirst charges. I win!

[perhaps I'm giving Ticketmaster just a little too much money though...]

From the ufirst site

Thanks a lot! the €90 excess on travel insurance and €40 excess on phone insurance are a bit steep for me... Don't think I'd use the ticketmaster thing enough to warrant it.

Don't know where you found that info on travel insurance anywhere! You were far more helpful than the times I tried contacting ufisrt! THey expect people to sign up online without knowing the full details!
    All the info came from the ufirst members section, which you have to be a member to see.
    In relation to the Ticketmaster discounts, you get linked through to the uk site from ufirst there is nothing to stop you logging in a couple of minutes ahead of time and waiting for tickets to be released. Exactly the same as you would as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

ok, my mistake, thought they had to be booked via the phone, maybe this was the old system.

All the info came from the ufirst members section, which you have to be a member to see.
    In relation to the Ticketmaster discounts, you get linked through to the uk site from ufirst there is nothing to stop you logging in a couple of minutes ahead of time and waiting for tickets to be released. Exactly the same as you would as normal

Cool thanks a lot, bit ridiculous that you have to be a member to see what benefits you get! A definite turn off having such shoddy customer service/marketing..... when a customer in a forum can supply me with much more information than a company rep there's something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I've always thought you should buy your travel insurance direct, you have more control over the excess and that. Travel insurance offered by banks, airlines etc is generally the low-grade product.

Use someone like AA Travel Insurance or InsureandGo.ie, compare a few of them, it's quite competitive these days so you'll get good cover at a reasonable cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I've always thought you should buy your travel insurance direct, you have more control over the excess and that. Travel insurance offered by banks, airlines etc is generally the low-grade product.

Use someone like AA Travel Insurance or InsureandGo.ie, compare a few of them, it's quite competitive these days so you'll get good cover at a reasonable cost...

markesmith wrote: »

yeah i had figured it wudn't be great and think I'm going to go with insure and go... they have a platinum membership where by there's no excess on loosing stuff... I'm a disaster at minding my things once i go on holiday so might take that! on my last trip i left my atm card in the machine at the airport! luckily i bring a spare atm for another account so i was ok, I must just get too excited when I'm on holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

A couple of years ago I got one of my phones replaced through the Ufirst phone insurance it was quick enough once you got all the stuff in.
    They also insure one trip a year.
    It was great originally as got an extra 0.25% off tracker mortgage with my ufirst which paid for itself.

Advertisement