Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIL 2020-2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭luke9311

telmah wrote: »
    I was at the Highfield-Garryowen match.
    Garryowen started well playing in to the wind.Good ball retention and defence,leading 15-3 at HT.
    They scored again to make it 22-3 but Highfield started to come back in to the match by winning a series of scrum penalties and some nice backs moves.
    A draw was probably a fair result with the Garryowen 9 being the best player on view.
    Highfield have recruited two big props and a hooker but same backline as last year.

Who was there 9? I highly doubt it was neil cronin was it given A games at the weekend i doubt it was him? Anybody know if munster player kevin o'byrne the cork con hooker moved to highfield or not at start of last season/this season even? Given it was his club at under age and given there classed as a division 1 club pre pandemic he might have moved back to them is all im wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

luke9311 wrote: »
    Who was there 9? I highly doubt it was neil cronin was it given A games at the weekend i doubt it was him? Anybody know if munster player kevin o'byrne the cork con hooker moved to highfield or not at start of last season/this season even? Given it was his club at under age and given there classed as a division 1 club pre pandemic he might have moved back to them is all im wondering...
    Evan Maher was 9. Munchins/Garryowen thru age grade
    Think O Byrne did move back to Highfield but not sure. Hopefully he did as better off if contracted players who came through age groups are playing with those clubs as much as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 15 telmah

According to their team sheet No.9 was Evan Maher.
    Not sure about KOB but i know James Cronin signed back to Highfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Five Eighth

Did anyone go to a game/watch streams?
    Watched Blackrock/Greystones live stream. Rock very poor, particularly in the second half. Greystones looked more interested and played with more intensity.

Wonder what's happening Terenure? Beaten by Naas which must go down as a surprise. Some of the Nure regulars missing from the match team sheet.

Good win for Cashel in Munster. Going and beating Shannon away is a good day's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Watched Blackrock/Greystones live stream. Rock very poor, particularly in the second half. Greystones looked more interested and played with more intensity.

Wonder what's happening Terenure? Beaten by Naas which must go down as a surprise. Some of the Nure regulars missing from the match team sheet.

Good win for Cashel in Munster. Going and beating Shannon away is a good day's work.

We just played very very poorly and Naas didn’t and wanted it more.

Didn’t see the stream as was caught up but going on who did watch it. Naas did have Craig Ronaldson playing and the 13 from Newbridge college this year.

• Advertisement

Academy or contracted players not allowed play in these games, as they may compromise the “bio bubble” of the pro game.

We just played very very poorly and Naas didn’t and wanted it more.

Didn’t see the stream as was caught up but going on who did watch it. Naas did have Craig Ronaldson playing and the 13 from Newbridge college this year.
    Nure seem to be experiencing poor run of form. Pre-match team sheet had Harrison Brewer on the bench. He's a huge player for them. Thought Adam LaGrue was involved in some way with Leinster. Posted previously that it must be difficult for some players to sacrifice time for training, gym, etc. and risk injury with work negative work implications in a season with just one series of AIL games and no promotion/relegation in the divisions below 1A.

Academy or contracted players not allowed play in these games, as they may compromise the “bio bubble” of the pro game.

Interesting call given they might get much chance counting on A games alone...

Interesting call given they might get much chance counting on A games alone...
    Yep. was told same at game i was at.
    Will likely see some more A games then..

Yep. was told same at game i was at.
    Will likely see some more A games then..

Should have seen this coming from a mile off from the Irfu to be honest ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Should have seen this coming from a mile off from the Irfu to be honest ffs

Probably more of a reaction to the only couple of cases within the system coming from the academy setup. They're likely trying to minimise their exposure as much as possible at the moment.

Nure seem to be experiencing poor run of form. Pre-match team sheet had Harrison Brewer on the bench. He's a huge player for them. Thought Adam LaGrue was involved in some way with Leinster. Posted previously that it must be difficult for some players to sacrifice time for training, gym, etc. and risk injury with work negative work implications in a season with just one series of AIL games and no promotion/relegation in the divisions below 1A.

Harrison has been injured so working way back to fitness

Adam isn’t with Leinster but was put at 15. Not his best position

Wouldn’t say poor run of form - we lost to Tarf, who were a man down but we had a weak side out and that’s doing a disservice to Naas who have good players

Harrison has been injured so working way back to fitness

Adam isn’t with Leinster but was put at 15. Not his best position

Wouldn’t say poor run of form - we lost to Tarf, who were a man down but we had a weak side out and that’s doing a disservice to Naas who have good players

Wasn’t he not in Leinster at one point though? If not part was invited up for a few trainings a while back. I remember talking to an academy player out of my club last season I think it was or season before we had an away game in Lakeland’s and he wasn’t realised for that game but he saw Adam down on the teamsheet to play and was saying he’s decent enough and has been runs lines against him in training up in UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Purist98

Wasn’t he not in Leinster at one point though? If not part was invited up for a few trainings a while back. I remember talking to an academy player out of my club last season I think it was or season before we had an away game in Lakeland’s and he wasn’t realised for that game but he saw Adam down on the teamsheet to play and was saying he’s decent enough and has been runs lines against him in training up in UCD?

Was in with Leinster for pre season last year and played some Celtic Cup, don't think he's been involved since

Purist98 wrote: »
    Was in with Leinster for pre season last year and played some Celtic Cup, don't think he's been involved since

Ah ok gotcha thanks

Games this weekend
    Ballina v Buccaneers, Sligo v Galwegians

Trinity v Naas, Lansdowne v Old Wesley, Terenure v St Marys, UCD v Old Belvedere
    Barnhall v Greystones, Enniscorthy v Malahide, Skerries v Blackrock, Wanderers v Tullamore

UCC v Shannon, Cashel v Highfield, Garryowen v Con, Old Crescent v Young Munster
    Clonmel v Bruff, Midleton v Nenagh, UL Bohs v Dolphin,

Ballynahinch v Armagh, Banbridge v Rainey Old Boys, Queens v Malone
    Ballymena v Belfast Harlequins, Bangor v Omagh, Dungannon v City of Derry

Games this weekend
    Ballina v Buccaneers, Sligo v Galwegians

Trinity v Naas, Lansdowne v Old Wesley, Terenure v St Marys, UCD v Old Belvedere
    Barnhall v Greystones, Enniscorthy v Malahide, Skerries v Blackrock, Wanderers v Tullamore

UCC v Shannon, Cashel v Highfield, Garryowen v Con, Old Crescent v Young Munster
    Clonmel v Bruff, Midleton v Nenagh, UL Bohs v Dolphin,

Ballynahinch v Armagh, Banbridge v Rainey Old Boys, Queens v Malone
    Ballymena v Belfast Harlequins, Bangor v Omagh, Dungannon v City of Derry

Lansdowne said their streaming theirs live.. haven’t heard from other clubs social media though is others are streaming their games live or not

Lansdowne said their streaming theirs live.. haven’t heard from other clubs social media though is others are streaming their games live or not
    Few others have said they are

And Garryowen Con is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Skerries Blackrock off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 telmah

Cashel-Highfield off.

• Advertisement

Rainey Banbridge off

Are all the off games Covid related and/or coz the weather forecast and having no access to changing rooms etc or something else?

Are all the off games Covid related and/or coz the weather forecast and having no access to changing rooms etc or something else?
    No idea but could be different in each game
    Garryowen have statement about postponement of their game

http://garryowenrugby.com/news/ec1-fixtures-v-cork-constitution-fc-cancelled/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Few others have said they are

Stream link for Lansdowne Old Wesley game https://lansdownerugby.com/livestream/

The following fixtures have been cancelled.

The score will be 0-0 & both teams get 2 points.

Men
    Garryowen v Cork Con
    Dungannon v City of Derry
    Terenure v St. Mary's
    Skerries v Blackrock
    Banbridge v Rainey
    Malone v Queen's

My guess is that all the matches that have been cancelled is because of Covid-19. Massive increase in Covid infections in the North; increases also in Dublin and Cork. If a club player is not feeling well, goes for a test and even if the results of the test isn't known, the match the player's club is fixed to play is cancelled. Part of life at the moment.

My guess is that all the matches that have been cancelled is because of Covid-19. Massive increase in Covid infections in the North; increases also in Dublin and Cork. If a club player is not feeling well, goes for a test and even if the results of the test isn't known, the match the player's club is fixed to play is cancelled. Part of life at the moment.

Ah ok wasn’t aware of this... thought if it’s only a positive reading all is cancelled didn’t know about unknown results yet. I’m attached to lansdowne as a club and there’s nobody tested positive or got tested yet from what I know of anyways

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/10/07/number-of-club-rugby-matches-to-be-reduced-to-mitigate-covid-19-risk/

The IRFU Rugby Committee have voted unanimously to reduce the number of matches permitted in all four provinces.

The decision has been made based on the latest medical and public health advice.

The following are the only domestic rugby matches permitted in all four provinces.

Energia Men’s Community Series – All Conferences.
    Energia Women’s Community Series – Connacht Conference 1, Leinster Conference, Munster Conference 1, Ulster Conference.
    The Energia Community Series was first announced in July as a competition to allow senior adult clubs play only localised games as a means of mitigating the possible transmission of COVID-19.

No other adult or underage fixtures including competitive and friendly matches are permitted.

Rugby training at all levels of the game may continue with protective measures in place, as per government guidelines.

The committee wish to clarify that the following matches are also no longer permitted in Level 3.

Adult Provincial Qualifying League Matches
    U20 Premier matches
    Conference 2 matches in the Energia Women’s Community Series
    These measures will remain in place for all competitions until October 27th, after which an update will be provided.

• Advertisement

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2020/10/07/number-of-club-rugby-matches-to-be-reduced-to-mitigate-covid-19-risk/

The IRFU Rugby Committee have voted unanimously to reduce the number of matches permitted in all four provinces.

The decision has been made based on the latest medical and public health advice.

The following are the only domestic rugby matches permitted in all four provinces.

Energia Men’s Community Series – All Conferences.
    Energia Women’s Community Series – Connacht Conference 1, Leinster Conference, Munster Conference 1, Ulster Conference.
    The Energia Community Series was first announced in July as a competition to allow senior adult clubs play only localised games as a means of mitigating the possible transmission of COVID-19.

No other adult or underage fixtures including competitive and friendly matches are permitted.

Rugby training at all levels of the game may continue with protective measures in place, as per government guidelines.

The committee wish to clarify that the following matches are also no longer permitted in Level 3.

Adult Provincial Qualifying League Matches
    U20 Premier matches
    Conference 2 matches in the Energia Women’s Community Series
    These measures will remain in place for all competitions until October 27th, after which an update will be provided.

My club tweeted the same regarding our u20 and j2/j3 teams in the metro leagues if I’m honest from a metro point of view I think the 27th of October thing will be pushed back further..

Advertisement