Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

tattoo86 wrote: »
    Hey guys finally bit the bullet and joined weight watchers on wednesday night and was given a daily allowance of 45 points, which im finding hard to eat, is it necessary to eat all my daily points?

You should eat all of them bar maybe 3 or 4 or it will hinder your weightloss.

Try bulking your meals out with some good whole grain carbs or protein.

For example, for brekkie you could have some wholemeal toast with 2 poached eggs, about 9PP depending on what bread you use. For lunch, you could have a whole chicken breast with some wholewheat pasta (80g dried) salad bringing it to about 12PP. For dinner, you could have any decent size piece of meat (ranging from 4PP to 8PP depending on what meat you choose) and 450g potatoes (9PP) and veg. For snacks, possibly crackers or rice cakes with some cheese (approx 6PP) and maybe some unsalted nuts, like almonds (40g = 8PP).

If you were to have the above, with the meat being 8PP, that would bring you up to 42PP.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

ok thanks, was a little under on my first 2 days and i have 5 points left over today, have weigh in on wednesday night, will this affect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just thought I would look back over my trackers to see how using my weeklies has affected my weightloss

Week 1 -8 0 Weeklies
    Week 2 +2 0 Weeklies
    Week 3 -4 0 Weeklies
    Week 4 -0.5 8 Weeklies
    Week 5 -1.5 8 Weeklies
    Wk 6&7 -3 7 Weeklies (1 of thse wks no tracking cause was on hols)
    Week 8 -0.5 23 Weeklies
    Week 9 -1 22 Weeklies
    Week 10 -0.5 28 Weeklies
    Week 11 -1.5 25 Weeklies
    Week 12 -1.5 32 Weeklies
    Week 13 8 Weeklies used so far after 5 days

Don't think I can conclude anything about using more or less weeklies and losing more or less weight. But, it does show me how as time goes on I am using more of the weeklies! Motivation is not as strong as at the beginning & I'm letting myself have more treats!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone... hope ur wkend is going ok so far... went to aldi yesterday and done abig shop and i have my menu planned for the week i find this helps me alot.. oh i got the sunrice things and they are yummy... really want to not use my weeklies this week to see if it makes a difference or even just use a few of them. have nothing on this wkend and im staying at home so fingers crossed it will show tuesday at wi:D...

oh you should have a look a www.philadelhia.ie there lots of yummy reciepes and some are easy to make low in pp as use extra light phili instead:p... thats where i got the carbonara recipe from:p...

Izzy, thank you, just finished dinner. Made that Carbonara recipe and it was only fab. My husband (who loves pasta) really enjoyed it too. Generally, I avoid pasta so it was really nice to be able to eat the same thing for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Monife wrote: »
    When making a smoothie, I used a banana, good handful of frozen raspberries (or other berries, and fresh if you have them), some fresh strawberries and a splash of summerfruit no added sugar dilute and a splash of water. They are nom nom nom and way nicer than the innocent ones. Hate yoghurt and milk in smoothies so my ones turn out 0PP.

You could also have some fruit salad with whatever fruit you have in the house :)

Great Monife thanks for the info, quick question in relation to the no added sugar dilute drinks, are all of these 0pp ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hey Guys. Looking for some advice/help. Have been messing at this WW for a while and not progressing. Finding it hard to "stay on the wagon".
    Sitting at home tonight and feeling really low and wondering if I can really do this. Anyone got any advice?:(

Great Monife thanks for the info, quick question in relation to the no added sugar dilute drinks, are all of these 0pp ??

Yup! :)
    fofany wrote: »
    Just thought I would look back over my trackers to see how using my weeklies has affected my weightloss

Week 1 -8 0 Weeklies
    Week 2 +2 0 Weeklies
    Week 3 -4 0 Weeklies
    Week 4 -0.5 8 Weeklies
    Week 5 -1.5 8 Weeklies
    Wk 6&7 -3 7 Weeklies (1 of thse wks no tracking cause was on hols)
    Week 8 -0.5 23 Weeklies
    Week 9 -1 22 Weeklies
    Week 10 -0.5 28 Weeklies
    Week 11 -1.5 25 Weeklies
    Week 12 -1.5 32 Weeklies
    Week 13 8 Weeklies used so far after 5 days

Don't think I can conclude anything about using more or less weeklies and losing more or less weight. But, it does show me how as time goes on I am using more of the weeklies! Motivation is not as strong as at the beginning & I'm letting myself have more treats!:D

Good idea, might do that later and post it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Hey Guys. Looking for some advice/help. Have been messing at this WW for a while and not progressing. Finding it hard to "stay on the wagon".
    Sitting at home tonight and feeling really low and wondering if I can really do this. Anyone got any advice?:(
    I am finding it hard today too. Remind yourself of the money you pay - you dont want to waste it! Make up a batch of fruit smoothie that does help, I was thinking of freezing some to see if it went a bit like icecream, that would be nice :D. Is there any excercise you like? That is a good way to build up extra points. Remind yourself why you want to do it. A girl at work has lost 4 stone on ww and she looks amazing, you will look amazing too if you stick at this ;)

Ok, so after much talk of the weeklies, I have looked back through my trackers. Results as follows:

Week 1: -1lb - 36 weeklies used.
    Week 2: -3lb - 40 weeklies used.
    Week 3: -1.5lb - 49 weeklies used.
    Week 4: -1lb - 39 weeklies used.
    Week 5: STS - 49 weeklies used (plus a good bit more).
    Week 6: -2lb - 49 weeklies used (plus approx 5PP over).
    Week 7: -2lb - 29 weeklies used.
    Week 8: -1lb - 37 weeklies used.
    Week 9: -1lb - 49 weeklies used.
    Week 10: -1lb - 23 weeklies used.
    Week 11: -4.5lb - 49 weeklies used (plus a bit more, but I was sick when WI and had no food in my stomach).
    Week 12: +2lb - 32 weeklies used (this was a false gain due to having food in my stomach at WI, when I had none at last WI)
    Week 13: 23 weeklies used so far, prob use another 5 tonight.

From the above, it is rather confusing. I think our bodies just work in different ways and do what they want sometimes. I have noticed the bigger losses the weeks that I have exercised more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Lady Lainy, how did you Banana Muffins turn out? Did the splenda make them sweet tasting?

The splenda didnt taste any different from when i made them sugar :D which was great...

They turned out great. really big, dense and filling with a hint of banana thru the bran! Wouldnt say there sweet. they almost savory, cos of the bran wheat.

They might be a little dry for some peoples taste, but I have them with coffee, so that doesnt bother me. But they really do fill ya up!

I think a few people had added some yoghurt to combat the the drynessthey almost have a a brown scone texture than cakey.

I think there great cos theyre feck all points, and full of fibre which is nice and filling...and helps.....ahem...keeps things moving....

I've had a good day :D stayed within dailys :D the bulky lunch did keep me going for the day :)

Had coffee and a bran muffin between lunch and dinner, ended up having dinner like two hours later cos i just wasn't hungry!

1 bran muffin = 3pp, 2 bran muffins = 7pp, I'm a total foodie...but i would have trouble eating two together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mammies!

So what are the plans for you all today?

I got woken at 7.05 (bit of a lie on lol) with lovely pressies and homemade cards, now Im in bed having a lil lie on, getting WW friendly breakfast in bed later, when I get up Im going to have a nice long bath and then we're going out for dinner later in the afternoon!

Complete relaxation and going to enjoy every min of it!

Enjoy yr day everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Happy Mother's Day everyone :) Didn't get a lie in cos my OH was working till 7 this morning. I don't mind though :) busy day today. going to visit my mam's grave and my Mother in Law's grave too :( . Getting the dinner organised now so that it will be ready for later when we get back.

can anyone get the pp for this for me cos I use the app on my OH's iphone but its down in the bedroom and I don't want to wake him. Its lucozade and the NI is:-

Protein - trace
    Carbs - 65.4
    Fat - Nil
    Fibre - Nil

Thanks.
    Haven't had lucozade since joining WW and really just fancied some this morning and well it is Mother's Day after all so I think I deserve it :D Hope all you mammies have a lovely day today :D

jackmax wrote: »
    Happy Mother's Day everyone :) Didn't get a lie in cos my OH was working till 7 this morning. I don't mind though :) busy day today. going to visit my mam's grave and my Mother in Law's grave too :( . Getting the dinner organised now so that it will be ready for later when we get back.

can anyone get the pp for this for me cos I use the app on my OH's iphone but its down in the bedroom and I don't want to wake him. Its lucozade and the NI is:-

Protein - trace
    Carbs - 65.4
    Fat - Nil
    Fibre - Nil

Thanks.
    Haven't had lucozade since joining WW and really just fancied some this morning and well it is Mother's Day after all so I think I deserve it :D Hope all you mammies have a lovely day today :D

That's coming out as 7PP on the online calculator.

Not as nice day today, going to have some brekkie and then go out for Week 4 Day 1 of couch to 5 k before I get ready to meet my mum and nanny for lunch. Nervous though, because there are 5 minutes runs included 2day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Thanks Monife :) Good luck with your run today :) I'm doing the 5k with Ray D'arcy in Waterford tomorrow. So nervous and I haven't trained enough so will probably walk most of it :o but hey it's exercise isn't it :) and I gave the route a go last wk and it took me 40 mins and that was mostly walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

So far I have had a nice Mother's Day. My husband didn't have to go to work until 9.30, so I got breakfast (porridge) & presents & cards in bed. My youngest had made a card in nursery & it had a rolo wrapped in foil stuck onto it & she couldn't wait for me to open it - only because she wanted to eat it! Had a bit of a lie in & me & my girls are going to see Tangled in the cinema later & then hopefully we'll drive out to Malin Head (where my husband works) to have our dinner this evening.

Hope everyone else is having a nice Mother's Day too & has plenty of weeklies left to cover it!

jackmax wrote: »
    Thanks Monife :) Good luck with your run today :) I'm doing the 5k with Ray D'arcy in Waterford tomorrow. So nervous and I haven't trained enough so will probably walk most of it :o but hey it's exercise isn't it :) and I gave the route a go last wk and it took me 40 mins and that was mostly walking.

5k in 40 minutes!!! :eek: That's brilliant, well done! Right now, (on the couch to 5k, which is walking and jogging) I am managing about 3.2k in 30 minutes. Might cover a bit more ground today as there are longer jogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey guys, happy mums day to all! Had a MAD weekend, major work dinner dance with free bar and a mad nite on the town last night, think it's very safe to say il be up this week  was dronkn vodka and slimline tonic only the other half was buyn and forgot to order slimline so another few points wasted DISASTER

Seems a silly q but has anyone ever gone over there weeklys and faults and still stayed the same? Weighed myself this morn and it hasn't showed? Wishful thinking?

Am a firm believer of living life swell but really don't Want to undo good work. Might have a low point day , all fruit and salad. Any thoughts ? Pity that two big nights out hadda come together

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey guys, happy mums day to all! Had a MAD weekend, major work dinner dance with free bar and a mad nite on the town last night, think it's very safe to say il be up this week  was dronkn vodka and slimline tonic only the other half was buyn and forgot to order slimline so another few points wasted DISASTER

Seems a silly q but has anyone ever gone over there weeklys and faults and still stayed the same? Weighed myself this morn and it hasn't showed? Wishful thinking?

Am a firm believer of living life swell but really don't Want to undo good work. Might have a low point day , all fruit and salad. Any thoughts ? Pity that two big nights out hadda come together

Just be really good and exercise every day before WI. Don't undereat too much of your points, you would prob be ok having 3 or 4 less than your allowance but no more.

I went considerably over my weeklies one week on drink, about 25PP or more over and I sts.

woo! I think i'm back on track, had a good day yesterday, and so far today having a good day! :)

i've always said it....all it takes is ONE good day to start a a roll! :D

hope your all enjoying the good weather and mothers day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

boxoff wrote: »

I went over by about 20 weekly's last week and stayed same, am trying to be extra good this week to compensate!

• Advertisement

how many pp do you reckon are in a MEDIUM BROWN ROLL from like a spar/centra..like just the roll before you put fillings in.

Trying to plan my lunch for tomorrow, I'm trying to avoid bread as much as possible, but the canteen in college, sandwiches/rolls are the only thing you have choice in having. Spar are running the sandwich bar in college.

Thinking, Brown roll, Chicken Breast and Veg with mayonnaise...it will be full fat mayo which is a killer on points :(

Does this sound about reasonable?

Medium Brown Roll 4pp
    Chicken Breast 3pp
    Tablespoon of Mayonnaise 3pp (that kills me...such a waste)
    Salad 0pp
    Total 10pp

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Hi Lady Lainy

new to this but that sounds about right, why not swap the mayo for mustard for 0 points.

tattoo86 wrote: »
    Hi Lady Lainy

new to this but that sounds about right, why not swap the mayo for mustard for 0 points.

i put the mayo on in stead of butter to like line the bread...that would be a bit too much mustard for my taste. they only butter they have is like big massive tub of full fat kerrygold....

weather ment to be ****e tomorrow so just trying to make the best choice out of what i've got to choose from.

Will have bottle of water instead of coffee or diet coke with the roll to keep it as healthy as possible

Actually if any of the folks who have the books, if they ever had the time, throw up a list of spreads/dressings pp list (if that stuff is in the books)

THANKS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Gah I can't stop eating today :(

Really p*d off with myself, feel like i've undone all my good work this week.

Stressed to bejesus with college and i had a friend be incredibly rude and condescending to me earlier which has put me in the worst of bad form which makes me want to eat more.

Grrr. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

hey girlies,

been bit bold today and had a piece of Rocky Road cake from Providence (Cafe)
    Just wondering if anyone has any idea how many points to give a normal sized slice ..... feeling uber guilty right now :(

misslt wrote: »
    Gah I can't stop eating today :(

Really p*d off with myself, feel like i've undone all my good work this week.

Stressed to bejesus with college and i had a friend be incredibly rude and condescending to me earlier which has put me in the worst of bad form which makes me want to eat more.

Grrr. That is all.

Oh i feel your pain 100% with college! It never seems to end....I just want to sleep for the summer!

hey girlies,

been bit bold today and had a piece of Rocky Road cake from Providence (Cafe)
    Just wondering if anyone has any idea how many points to give a normal sized slice ..... feeling uber guilty right now :(

Rocky Road at starbucks is 10pp

PS: I <3 your signature! CSI BABY!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Rocky Road at starbucks is 10pp

PS: I <3 your signature! CSI BABY!

Thanks Lainy. I might try and give it a bit extra as it seemed kinda big but at least i know what to even consider. i was at the gym 4 times this week and then out last night. had a chicken chow mein which according to skinnydoll is 9 points and i didnt eat all the noodles and managed to only have 4 bottles of coors so not too bad.
    its my first time since i started (5 weeks ago) that i seem to have hit into my weeklies...and im only .5 away from my stone....hopefully i can work enough of tomorrow in the gym before WI on Tuesday!!

Thanks re: signature..still one of the best quotes in 11 seasons :) i Miss Grissom

sometimes we just gotta get the cake and eat it too!

we're only human!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Only human is right lainy, I know if I hadn't been able to treat myself since starting ww,I'd have given up a long time ago.
    Was chuffed with myself,a colleague in work said to me in work today 'I don't think you've more weight to lose, just maintain now', ha ha, I've about two stone more to lose,at least. Was delighted though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement