Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recall Your Dreams Here

• 28-08-2019 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, a thread to record various dreams you can remember.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Cannabis says No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I have a recurring one. Superintelligent wolves/bees (it comes in two forms) invading the housing estate where I live. Frantically trying to block the doors, windows etc to stop them only to realise they can uses handles, etc.

Got that a lot in my formative years. Not so much now.

Teeth falling out (yeah, money, I know) are the ones I get these days.

Got scammed buying a Ferrari motorbike for 12k that turned out to me a red scooter. It tied up perfectly with what's happening in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I just woke up but at 2.30 I woke up after having some mad dream about vampires, and just now I was dreaming about buying lots of cocaine off a bloke in a wheelchair for my mate that’s going to electric picnic. Then I was trying to cycle home with it through temple bar but it actually looked like Soho in London while fearing the Garda would stop me. If I hadn’t written this down just now I’d have forgotten it all any second now that’s how it usually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wanted to be an astronaut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Swimming through channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I keep having one of a crossed eye nun with a bullwhip and a bottle of gin. What could it mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Anyone else hear music in their dreams? Like a soundtrack to whatever is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I keep having one of a crossed eye nun with a bullwhip and a bottle of gin. What could it mean?

Either you have been very, very bold OR you want to be very, very bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Recurring dream that my mother is trying to attack me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I was the first to observe a far-off star. This set in motion events that led to the enslavement of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Cannabis says No.

I dream of having dreams sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I dream about my ex gf sometimes.

But I broke up with her well over a year ago.

So great to see a thread like this.

When my Dad was alive, the first thing he'd ask every morning (with sincere curiosity) was "Did you have a dream last night?", and he'd be genuinely interested in your dreams, not like your flatmates or colleagues when they're struggling to make smalltalk.

By the time I was 18 I had gotten so used to giving these updates, that when I went off to college, I'd instinctively start telling people at breakfast about my dreams. One lad, an alcoholic Scottish student who sounded like Groundskeeper Willie, looked up from his mouldy cornflakes and snarled "Gae tae fcuk, I dinnae care aboot yer fenian dreams", which is exactly what I should have written on his facebook page during the Indy Ref.

Anyway, to make a short story long, last night I dreamed Tesco wanted my bank details, and I wouldn't release them because I suspected some shady business. I said "I'd prefer to pay by card" but the checkout lady (that Brummie lady from Temple Bar Tesco -- if you've been there, you'll know her) had an absolute melt-down. She kicked me out of the store without my card or even my wallet, and I had to walk around the Northside where space was distorted, roads curved in perspective and got smaller or bigger as you walked along them, and sometimes bent upwards or downwards at obtuse angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Dreamt last night that Kerry stopped the five in a row.

I have had some eerily accurate dreams about upcoming sporting events in the past, where I've regretted not going to the bookies afterwards.

So get your money on Kerry now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I was in school.

We were being told we had to film a band for part of a project.

They were going to preform at the school.

The band was the darkness.

They were preforming in like a school hall.

Just before my friend helen says she has written a book. She gives me a copy. I congratulate her.

We are young in the dreams in our teens. Late teens.

The band concert starts we start filming i am trying to sync the cuts in the video with the rhythm of the music. So the cuts happen at the start of each bar or a phrase etc. Someone is doing the sound engineering and recording it someone is doing the lights etc.

I am trying to get close ups of band members one of our friends is the drummer. She does weird poses for the camera. The rest are kind of uncooperative.

Then the song changes ...one of the band no the lead singer starts singing about a healthy lifestyle ...then the lead singer comes in kind of like Tim Curry in the Rocky Horror Show singing about the opposite. Its justin hawkins the lead singer. He is singing all about drugs rock and roll etc. But in a really pantomime way. (that is his style in real life too). Its kind of like playing it out.

Everyone in the concert is bored though and has left ..all the chairs are empty. Its really awkward for us filming. But we carry on.

Then magically scenes from my friends book start to play out. I realize a story is calling to us.

But the band are kind like moving from room to room with their performance. And we are getting irritated as they expect us to follow them and our equipment isn't professional and its impossible to follow them in reality for us without it looking really bad. Our principle objects and says the band are being unreasonable and whatever footage we have now is fine.

We pack up the school bell rings and its time to leave my friend hands me back the copy of her book she gives me. She says irritated someone has written their name on it on you. Isn't that rude etc.

I open inside and on one of the front pages the name 'PADDY JACKSON' was written.

I instantly know what the events that happened prior mean.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Dream. Walls vibrating. Bass blast. Tossed. Turned. Awoke to stereo blasting. Turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

A woman at my new job(started yesterday) was speaking to me and I fancy her as I have seen her around before in real life.
    A little dog started annoying me and it was hard to speak to her.everything was getting out of control and I just though "I wish I could get control of this situation and speak to her"
    Then I realized I was dreaming and not at work.It became clear that I was still lying in bed and I relaxed.I then thought this is cool and what could I do as it was a lucid dream.
    I pictured a crystal clear lake in front of me and took a step on to the water and I did not sink.I took about 5 steps walking on water and then I woke up.
    It was amazing and my 4th lucid dream so far:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

You could be approaching lucid dreaming upupup. Cool.

Fathom wrote: »
    You could be approaching lucid dreaming upupup. Cool.

I'v been meditating a little on and off for a few years and this helps.It give more awareness and control in those subconscious states.
    I'v flew twice before but the walking on water was very different.It was not like I was dreaming of a place,it was like I was really there,I felt the water beneath my feet ripple,felt the air,the sounds were like cinematic stereo and the colour was alive and vibrant.....probably stay forever if I could:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Recurrent dream extending over several years occurred again. In locale javahouse seated at table by myself. Place was pretty empty of customers. Went for coffee, and then went for cream. Looked away for just a moment to pour some in my cup. When I looked back at my table, my laptop was gone. Awoke from this nightmare.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Recurrent dream extending over several years occurred again. In locale javahouse seated at table by myself. Place was pretty empty of customers. Went for coffee, and then went for cream. Looked away for just a moment to pour some in my cup. When I looked back at my table, my laptop was gone. Awoke from this nightmare.

I had a recurring dream last night too a bit like yours.
    It involved losing my car,not able to remember where I parked it and last night I found out it had been robbed....very happy to wake up out of it!
    The message to me is that I was/am not paying attention enough in life... due to old habits.

Losing laptops and cars. Nightmares!

Losing laptops and cars. Nightmares!

A nightmare is an unpleasant dream which can cause panic and fear and if its recurring then it has that horrible feeling of "Oh no!..not again"

upupup wrote: »
    A nightmare is an unpleasant dream which can cause panic and fear and if its recurring then it has that horrible feeling of "Oh no!..not again"
    Wonders what the purpose of nightmares are?

Wonders what the purpose of nightmares are?

Unresolved issues in the mind.Conscious and subconscious.Fear is the usual emotion behind a nightmare....feeling emotions are vital to a persons mental well being so feeling a lot of fear and panic while dreaming is much easier than having to do it in real life!

I had a recurring one for years.It involved me knowing that there was body parts buried at a location but I could not remember how I knew this information.Did I do this crime?Am I going to get caught?life is ruined,going to jail:(
    I don't have the dream anymore because the last time I had it,, I got to the end of the dream where I realised it was not me that did it:)...The deep emotions and confusion surfaced without having to do all that in real life:eek:

Unresolved issues in the mind.Conscious and subconscious.Fear is the usual emotion behind a nightmare....feeling emotions are vital to a persons mental well being so feeling a lot of fear and panic while dreaming is much easier than having to do it in real life!
    Interesting observation. Could nightmares function as a catharsis? A Greek term for cleansing or purging.

Interesting observation. Could nightmares function as a catharsis? A Greek term for cleansing or purging.

Yes,They can function as a Catharsis.A problem with nightmares is that they can affect our real world.i.e..being afraid of having one will affect our conscious state of mind which is not good.
    Trying to figure out what they mean can also worry us.Sometimes its best to focus on the range of emotions that are felt rather than the dream.Some dreams may be related to early childhood so there may be no chance of figuring out what it means.
    When you understand that nightmares are a purging of emotions and a "cleaning up" of the subconscious mind, then you get all the benefits without the fear

I once had a dream where I split my head open after a motorbike accident.I was lying on the ground,dying and I accepted it and felt very relaxed.That was a powerful nightmare that turned into a peaceful dream and i dont fear death now!its great:)

Yes,They can function as a Catharsis.A problem with nightmares is that they can affect our real world.i.e..being afraid of having one will affect our conscious state of mind which is not good.
    One source of phobias?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Advertisement