Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ever met a boardsie in real life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

No - never met a boards member in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My husband posts but on a forum I don't use.
    A former member is a neighbour
    A regular poster here is a mate, we became friends through the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Jim, if you bring Andrea with you I'll go.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Should the title not read have any boardsies had sex with/married each other? Any boardsie babies incidentally?

Quite a few Boards babies around. Lots of Boards couples, married or otherwise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

I've met loads and most were decent skins. Some of my best nights out were at boards beers or out with friends I met through boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

I met a boardsie 12 years ago in Melbourne when we were both living there and we're now both back in Dublin and still really good mates. Shared many a great night together both in Aus and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

jcorr wrote: »
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Look Jim, there's only one Andrea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Why are so many old subjects being dragged up? This has been done to death.

Originality has died, it seems.

When do the colleges open again?

Oul wans and Oul lads >>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I know at least two of my acquaintances from university are regular Boardsies, and I have asked them about it in real life, and I know one lecturer who made a snide remark about me being on Boards (but she can go fcuk herself for so many other reasons). It's no big deal. Sure most of us are on Reddit and a load of other pointless sites as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I met Aonghus von Bismarck when He was captaining the USS Victory during the united planets famous victory at Orion. I was just a junior officer at the time but he was very nice, he shared one of his finest Plutonian cigars with me just before he teleported off to the classy hooker planet of Vega 5 for some RnR,

Good Guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Where's the fun in that?

Indeed I suspect I've met the OP but he didn't twig me.

Genuine question, what's the 'horse' reference to? A new one on me.

He has a point though. If people put even half the effort into creating new content that they do into opposing content, the site would be thriving

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've met a couple, all normal people.

I have met a few. Some have become friends, others I didn't click with but all were decent eggs.

Which lot do I fall into Poly?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

yep, have met seph, salacious crumb, sammyjo 90, confuseddotcom, x paws, lou m, new home, The pricess bride, hugo, rothko, ted, persepoly, and quickbean, all lovely people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A guy I knew in college. He was an alright lad.
    Just a tad all over the place when it came to doing college courses and dropping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

A childhood neighbour was really involved with boards for years. I'm sure hes still around but I dont see his name really anymore (we're friends on facebook so I know theres nothing sinister at play as he seems good and well).

I also recognise an old school mate, her username came from a school nickname so she was easy to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Zaph wrote: »
    Quite a few Boards babies around. Lots of Boards couples, married or otherwise too.

All the babies are called Zaph , each and everyone of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Fellow Limerick FC fan is an occasional boards poster, but I knew them in real life first.

Never knowingly met somebody from boards, never went to any beers or anything like that, and would have absolutely no interest in it to be honest.

The community aspect of things doesn't mean as much to me as it does, or did, to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Some meetups should be arranged, maybe a boxing ring or a cage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I'm sure several do. It wouldn't be that hard to work out. But have you met me?

Is the username a reference to the westmeath townland?

Are you famous?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

One, once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I met two. One i met at a function he put in a local thread. He turned out to be a neighbour of mine from years ago. We stayed in contact.
    The other I pm'd for a bit. We met and ended up spending the weekend together. Still in contact but haven't met him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I know and have met loads of people through Boards in fact met one of them for Dinner earlier in the week while on Holiday in Spain!

I couldn't fault anyone I've met through the site they were all sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

I know who Srameen is :)

The funny thing is when you don't know the person, but can tell where they're from by their user name! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Is the username a reference to the westmeath townland?

Are you famous?? :D

Nothing to do with a townland or address.

Famous? That's a very subjective term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Good jib! wrote: »
    The funny thing is when you don't know the person, but can tell where they're from by their user name! :p

See above... Not so apparently!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah I've met hundreds, went out with one for five years. Many are good friends now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah I've met hundreds, went out with one for five years. Many are good friends now.

I wouldn't exactly call what we did "going out".

Or describe us as good friends.

Plus, I'm not hundreds of people.

In fact, I'm starting to think this post wasn't even about me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Good jib! wrote: »

Well, today i have learned 2 things.

1. Srameen is a place in westmeath.

2. Srameen is not from there.

:D

I have never knowingly met a boardsie in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Bought some stuff from him years ago before vaping was mainstream.

Ah here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Greyfox wrote: »
    Yeah, he had 4 ears and 6 arms and pink hair.

I thought all boardsies were neck beards who live in their mom's basement.

Advertisement