Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Same thing happening to me. Revolut updates their cards with new numbers and now the new card isn't working. Did you manage to resolve it? - I got on to Revolut but they weren't much help. Said there was nothing wrong with the new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

I was able to update my Revolut card in the youtube app during the year with Turkish vpn switched on at the time. All went without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

For anyone else all I can suggest is leave it alone. I was being told my card couldn't be updated and the payments were pending then reverted every time.

Then one time after the 3 days grace was over it must have gone through because all good new and next payment is in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I just added my new revolut card to you tube as a backup, no vpn and it went throught straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Turkey offering year subscriptions now. 169.99 Lira for the year which is just over €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Just signed up for the year. Was on Turkey monthly. Prefer annual

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Anyone else notice a crazy amount of ads on YouTube lately? Not talking about the 2 ads that show up either. But it feels like every single video I click on has an ad - usually the 2.

Must have upped ads to push this or something... I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

As good as that is, I ain't touching my monthly sub until it breaks 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Hi all

Trying to set this up but I'm getting stuck trying to change my country in Google play.

Its not giving me the option to change to india or to any country for that matter

I see in the terms and conditions it can only be one once a year and not if you've made play store purchases, which I have.

is there a work around for this ?

Or are there any family plans going that I can sub to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You don't need to change your location in Google to sub to YT. If you change it, all your family members will need to change theirs also or open new accounts in the same location as you.

Turn on a VPN for the country you want you sub in and open the local Youtube page. You should be able to signup from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Just looking at this, and I'm not seeing any way to upgrade to the annual option unless I log out. Selecting that option take me through login and back to the manage account page, which shows only my current monthly sub.

Unless I'm missing something somewhere, it looks like I'd need to cancel the current sub before getting the option of the annual one?

I'm severely disinclined to cancel what's working now for a potential saving of €10-€12 a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

You are right, not worth the hassle of anything going wrong. The savings workout at around 20 cent per week and you probably walk past more than that on the footpaths.

That’s what I did, I cancelled my sub that was in India and then I signed up for the annual sub in Argentina. Very straight forward.

That’s what I did, I cancelled my sub that was in India and then I signed up for the annual sub in Argentina. Very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 krishantha

No need to change the country in google play store. Connect via VPN with different country (ex Mexico) and open web browser and type youtube sign in.

Then find ypu tube premium option & sign up. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

So I signed up for an annual subscription to a single plan a few months back using Turkish VPN. Was looking to upgrade to a family plan now but can't seem to do so. I've turned on the VPN again and gone to YouTube.com - mange subscriptions and when I click on manage plan, I just get a message 'Plan no longer available'

Any ideas, or will I need to set up a new account to get the family plan?

The last year or 2 YouTube is unusable with ads as far as I'm concerned. I remember noticing 10 years ago there were few fewer and shorter ads when I used Chrome than Firefox or Opera. It was really obvious and cynical but maybe now Chrome is solidly dominant they've turned them up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

So turns out I actually signed up via India originally where there is no family plan available. I am going to let the 1 year youtube single account run it's course. I was however able to set up a family group on the other half's account. Was pretty straight forward;

Created Google Family Group and sent invites to family members

Used Keep Solid VPN Unlimited to set location to Turkey on PC

Opened Chrome Incognito Window and went to Youtube.com

Clicked on Purchases and Memberships, subscribe to premium family plan

Used Curve card for payment method (similar to Revolut and also works for cheap Turkish Netflix)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Any ideas how to deal with this?

My next payment is due to be taken today.

This is a reminder from Google to inform you that by June 30, 2022, Google must delete your existing debit or credit card information due to new Reserve Bank of India card storage regulations.

If you still plan to use your Visa card  for transactions with YouTube or other Google products, how you use your card may change.

To continue using the same Visa card to make payments with Google after June 30, 2022, without having to re-enter your card details, you must save your card details by using it to make a payment manually before June 30, 2022. If you don't do so, your card will no longer appear in your account, and you'll have to re-enter your card details to use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

I received the same email and unsure the next steps to take. Hopefully when they remove the card it will be easy to put back on the account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Still kinda unsure myself at the moment but i got another email saying they had trouble processing my payment and to update my payment method and all it asked for was my CVV number and no additional details.

On my 'Pending transactions ' with AIB, i see the YT charge there.

When i go to Google: Subscriptions and services : YouTube Premium, it says i paid.

Your last payment was on Jun 23 for ₹129.00.

So am hoping that will be fine now.

My old Revolut card would never be accepted as a backup payment but my newly issued card has been accepted and i would prefer to use that than my AIB card. I don't wanna mess anything up either but just gotta wait and see if i do get another one of those emails saying they had trouble processing payment which happened before and it just went through after 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

I’ll keep you updated when the date passes and if you could do the same. Hopefully it’s an easy process to re-confirm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Didn't work with new revolut card for me was accepted as a backup payment but the funds didn't get taken from it

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Cancelled Indian subscription used windscribe vpn app set location to agrentina Buenos Aires opened an incognito chrome window signed up for YouTube family using my Indian existing Gmail then paid for a family plan €1.38 with new revolut used irish embassy in Buenos Aires address...looks like the injuns were robbing me compared to the Argentinans 😁

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭shmeee

I was using my old revolut card for YT premium in India and updated it to my new Revoult card last week and no issues, payment continued. Just had to select a area in India as an address so selected Delhi and that was it.

Ps. Don't need a VPN on while doing any of the above.

Can't understand how some have issues and others don't, my Revoult is a visa card by the way, I see they also give out MasterCard if that is the issue maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AB7

Turkey is the cheapest good excuse to move subscription to there now that you have to re-add card

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

With the upcoming crackdown by the Indian Union Government on VPN's combined with the constant requirement to update or use the credit card it's now time to either purchase a yearly subscription in India or move to Turkey (with the risk that that brings) or Argentina.

If you use India, most VPN providers will withdraw services due to the requirement to have real world details of users that use VPN's.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Whats involved in moving to Argentina from India?

My set of family accounts were all created fresh in India. I assume addresses will need to be updated before/during the move to Argentina? My payment method is valid for a few years, but its hardly just a case of cancelling indian subscription, then VPN to Argentina to resubscribe?

Would like to avoid having to mess with all the linked family accounts,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I reckon it’s just cancel existing sub, as soon as it expires vpn to Argentina or turkey and sign back up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Hi guys does anyone have a YouTube family spot I could join? I don't feel Confident setting this up myself 😭

Advertisement