Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know any Interesting/fun Biology Websites anyone??

Options
  • 02-09-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys, i'm about to be studying Biology, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, microbiology and the likes, for 4 years, was wondering are there any good websites on these subjects that would have video's, documentaries, links, articles, games even that would help a person remain or build up an interest in these subjects? I basically want to ensure i feel good about what i'm studying and not have a reluctance to learn and if i enjoy what I'm learning in my spare time , knowing me i'll have more capability of paying attention in class ,really get into the subjects in college, and want to expand on what i know...I'm just that cool. :P THANKS!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i like fold.it it's a puzzle game about protein structures. You have to minimise the energy of the system and make sure no amino acid side chains are interacting in an unhappy manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ahwelltryagain

Cool that's pretty much what I was getting at in regards to games. Thanks! I'll give it a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I love this site:
    http://bitesizebio.com/

Brilliant! These sites are great guys!

Try TED.com too, it's a site of videos with a whole variety of topics, including biology. They're usually based on cutting edge, topical stuff, with not much emphasis on learning but more emphasis on thinking and exploring certain concepts.

• Advertisement

Really interesting site, thank you true-or-false !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aloeindica

I am a student of botany and i find you it is so helpful.

Advertisement