Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

TimHorton wrote: »
    Why do you need a backup then? :confused:

Because my regular sub is iptv. Reliable 90% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

how do you get english commentary on firestick?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

how do you get english commentary on firestick?

When you have the match on toggle the menu button down and you will see the dialogue quote in the bottom left hand corner, click on it to change to English.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Equium wrote: »
    The S Sports Plus app is also by far the best and most stable sports app I've ever used. It puts any offerings by the established broadcasters in this part of the world to shame. I have Sky Go with Sky Sports and BT but it's an absolute pain to use. This is light years ahead.

I've had every kind of service here and many of you know how reliable some of these are and my broandband speeds wouldn't be the fastest.

Zero buffering, not once has it stalled on me, outside of a sky sub nothing I've had runs smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Has anyone managed to set this up without an android device?

I have Apple devices and a fire stick. It won’t accept my revolut card on the website and using an android emulator isn’t an option as my only laptop is an office laptop.

Many thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

I just want to thank those who found this marvel. Even if it stopped now I have watched countless games for 2 euros. Massive bula bus

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

johnfás wrote: »

I have Apple devices and a fire stick. It won’t accept my revolut card on the website and using an android emulator isn’t an option as my only laptop is an office laptop.

Many thanks !

Please note I have not done the below however I have downloaded the app with the below method.

You could try to change your IOS App Store country to Turkey by going into App Store/Country&Region settings. Type in an address in Turkey (google a post code for the area) add payment method, I think Apple Pay would bypass the geo lock but card or PayPal may work, if none of the previous do then you could always buy a iTunes gift card with the Turkish currency. Search SSport in the App Store and download, try to set up a subscription through the app. You also need to keep your store in Turkey to continue a subscription monthly so I would recommend doing this all on a less used iOS device.

Obviously the above is complicated and may not work, the easier way is if you have an android device. Is there any family or friends who would let you set up the initial subscription connected to your SSport account and payment details? If not then you could look on Adverts or DoneDeal for a cheap used android device such as searching the keywords “huawei” and other devices with low value handsets.

Option 3 if you have a Mac is to run a windows emulator through it and then download the android emulator onto that, this would be the most complicated method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

johnfás wrote: »

Many thanks !

Don’t think it’s possible, I had to borrow an android phone to set mine up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Trying to set this up, and im stuck on the payment part. I have the app, have it set up with google pay but i keep getting an error 'your transaction cannot be completed'.

Anyone any ideas?

EDIT: NVM i turned off the VPN as i was in the payments and clicked it and it went through and i got charged.. but its not recognising that i have a subscription when i sign in now :o

Shanee. wrote: »
    Trying to set this up, and im stuck on the payment part. I have the app, have it set up with google pay but i keep getting an error 'your transaction cannot be completed'.

Anyone any ideas?

EDIT: NVM i turned off the VPN as i was in the payments and clicked it and it went through and i got charged.. but its not recognising that i have a subscription when i sign in now :o

You sure your using the exact same google account to sign in as the one that got charged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    You sure your using the exact same google account to sign in as the one that got charged?

Weird i just signed up to another account with my gmail and it had the sub added so it must have added to wrong account. Sorted

Shanee. wrote: »
    Weird i just signed up to another account with my gmail and it had the sub added so it must have added to wrong account. Sorted

Yep it seems to switch accounts easily

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chrismcc409

Sitting here watching Burnley v Leicester in perfect quality, streaming from android phone to Chromecast having installed the Surfshark VPN on my phone. English commentary and I would guess only a few seconds behind. Unbelievable, hard to believe I was considering going for nowtv or sky sports earlier today. It was so simple. Thanks for the recommendation!

I've notice with surf shark you can cast to chromecast without putting vpn on router which is dead handy. It also works in espn plus which I use for the Pro 14 (5.99 USD per month ) . I can get sport plus to work on firestick but not espn so great to be able to cast with chromecast.

Also thanks to the op. Great deal.

Edit: this actually doesnt work with espn for me. Was only the short video clip. Surfshark Vpn doesn't appear to work with it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Sadly some of the docs on ESPN 30 for 30 have only Turkish dubs and no English subtitles :( The OJ series is an exception, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Do they have the Golf on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

green123 wrote: »
    Do they have the Golf on this?

Not that I could see but Eurosport on Discovery+ India show a lot of golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dixon

Have this working, as well as the Chromecast from phone to Shield. However while I can choose an audio stream on the phone the casting seems to choose the default Turkish audio

Anyone experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jamesfmcg

Thanks for this OP.

Sick of handing bags of money over to Sky for their broadcasts. Complete rip-off.

This has loads of content, playback games after they've finished, no ads, €2 a month.

Great bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I've notice with surf shark you can cast to chromecast without putting vpn on router which is dead handy. It also works in espn plus which I use for the Pro 14 (5.99 USD per month ) . I can get sport plus to work on firestick but not espn so great to be able to cast with chromecast.

Also thanks to the op. Great deal.

Edit: this actually doesnt work with espn for me. Was only the short video clip. Surfshark Vpn doesn't appear to work with it at all

I think I read somewhere that with ESPN+ you need to have a cable subscription in the United states already and then pay ESPN for the extra content

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chrismcc409

I think I read somewhere that with ESPN+ you need to have a cable subscription in the United states already and then pay ESPN for the extra content

It works with nord vpn so I watched the leinster game last night but can't cast it to chromecast and the firestick app just freezes as soon as I open. Will try Windows and hdmi out later but I don't want to pay for both surf shark and nord so will probably stick with surfshark as casting sport plus is v handy. Can get pro14.tv for 10 euro a month. Maybe now tv for European Heineken champions cup. I can't get rugbypass working at all. Nord are currently trouble shooting DAZN Canada with me but went through the whole process with shark on that and no joy so don't expect much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

bromley52 wrote: »
    Not that I could see but Eurosport on Discovery+ India show a lot of golf.

Not to side track the thread but any idea how one can pay? works out at just over €3 for the year if you get success.

Edit - got sorted. Great shout thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Mav11

Anybody know if the UFC was shown live on it last night? Plenty of UFC bumpf on the site, but couldn't find a live stream. Am I missing a trick????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone have any idea if the F1 English commentary will be the Sky commentary feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dixon

Mav11 wrote: »
    Anybody know if the UFC was shown live on it last night? Plenty of UFC bumpf on the site, but couldn't find a live stream. Am I missing a trick????

Yeah it was on live alright. Worked perfect. Forgot about it until the app reminded me .. I always just click on the top right in red, it gives you a list of what's currently live

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone have any idea if the F1 English commentary will be the Sky commentary feed?

There no guarantee it will be in english at all.

I hope it will be. They'll probably use the f1 tv feed which uses Sky commentary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Mav11 wrote: »

I think it was only the main card as I couldn't find any prelims any weekend I've looked

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    There no guarantee it will be in english at all.

I hope it will be. They'll probably use the f1 tv feed which uses Sky commentary though.

I'm holding off on it until it can be confirmed. Looking for a new eye pee teevee sub currently

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Dixon wrote: »
    Have this working, as well as the Chromecast from phone to Shield. However while I can choose an audio stream on the phone the casting seems to choose the default Turkish audio

Anyone experience this?

Have you selected English commentary before you start to cast to your chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm holding off on it until it can be confirmed. Looking for a new eye pee teevee sub currently

What do you mean holding off? It's €1.50/month. Even the selection of movies is worth that.

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    What do you mean holding off? It's €1.50/month. Even the selection of movies is worth that.

Ah yeah fair enough, laziness too on my part.

Advertisement