Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1st Time VariFocal

• 21-04-2021 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I've searched the forum here, but I cant seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

Apologies for the long winded question!

Had an overdue eye test about 2 months ago. My prescription changed quite a lot in one eye and a little in the other. Been wearing distance glasses for about 10/11 years. Another change was my short vision, which also deteriorated, Optician sald last time this would probably be the case.

They suggested varifocal lens which I was happy enough with. When I got them 2 weeks later, all seemed good when trying them on in opticians. However when I got home they didn't seem right at all.

Middle vision was blurred, out of focus. Near vision was perfect, could see the tiniest numeral's on fitbit watch! However, laptop is a complete blur.

Went back to opticians and they adjusted frames. Improved a good bit but still not right. They said it could take up to 8 weeks to adjust to the new lens :confused::confused::confused:

Now to my question (eventually!). Anyone else go through something similar?

Seems to me the lens is divided into 2/3'rd top (distance) and 1/3rd bottom (near).

Is it possible to divide the lens for example, 4/5th top and 1/5th bottom?

Advertisement