Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Away for 3 weeks

• 01-06-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭

As the title says i'm off to the US on tuesday morning so will be away for three weeks. Good luck in the games and see yas when i get back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No you can't go. Sorry. Declined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ah crap, guess i better try get those flights and festival tickets refunded :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

may as well use this thread to keep an eye on who is away incase we are short.

im away for the next 3 weeks, im in India with work.
    dave has a 6 week trip away(feel free to correct this if im wrong) and larry too.

dan is heading away for 3 weeks end of June.
    art is away this week.

martin is away this week
    kenny is on hols.
    jules??

anybody else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Im not away. but i am injured. i can play but if i do all the abuse i gave ed for playing through an injury would be wasted :D Depressed about all the stupid niggly injuries ive been getting. Might be out for a while why I try get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Tomorrows match should be the last i miss for awhile unless i unexpectedly get sent off to work in London during the summer. Seems like months since I've been at a match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jayzis. I don't think there's any great mystery to our patchy form this season then ;)

Defo wasn't this bad last season...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

dave has a 6 week trip away(feel free to correct this if im wrong)

More like 14 weeks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

On a positive (or negative depending on how you see it :eek:) I will be able to play again come first of July if this Redders lad doesn't get back to me that is.

As ive had no football I've been in the gym 3 times a week and am probably fittest I've been in 2 or 3 years now!

Looks like we could be struggling to put a starting 11 out in a few weeks time :eek:

Im sure the other teams will be losing people to holidays etc also , so Im not sure if it won't even itself out across the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Im not away. but i am injured. i can play but if i do all the abuse i gave ed for playing through an injury would be wasted :D Depressed about all the stupid niggly injuries ive been getting. Might be out for a while why I try get it sorted.

You're the Darren Anderton of Boards :p

pvt.joker wrote: »
    You're the Darren Anderton of Boards :p

Better looking too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I go in for surgery on Tuesday week so tomorrow is my last game for a while. It's four ops in one and the doc said there'll be about 30 inches in total of cutting along inside and outside of each shin and as it's close to the bone healing the wound will take a fair bit of time. He told me I'd be back running in 6 weeks so I'm hoping 4 but won't really be able to tell how it's looking until about 2 weeks after it I'd say. On the plus side the doc also said the feeling that the shins wanna explode and nerves getting squashed due to the pressure should go away so I'll take that lay-off any day :)

Yeh we're defo gonna be using our full squad and possibly more to cover certain games based on this thread - Larry is also away soon I think.

I wont be able to post all day so just to say I am injured and wont be there tonight. Can't come to cheer you on as trying to pop into the physio this evening even though I've no appointment. Good luck guys

Advertisement