Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 10 - Good Players to Buy in Manager Mode

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stealem

Senturk is a quality foward whos also good as a winger and free kicks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Savage stuff man! Only saw this post now :o

I just won the Premiership with the Stanley a couple of days ago and have them as a 4 star team now...

We're all off on a European Tour :D

I am getting fed up though. Can't sign anyone due to my available wage budget being £900 and I have millions in the bank and a small squad already. I have signed about 6 players. All with OVR less than 70. It's a good challenge to win matches but I just feel like I'm getting nowhere.

How did you sign enough players to get to 4 star?

And my negoitiator is 10/10...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Buy Zavon Hines from West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Anyone else having problems signing players on the ps3?
    saw a few players for sale and made offers that kept being rejected, a couple of the players i was offering 10 times there market value. its getting boring and frustrating at this stage and a trade in is on the horizon if it keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

What level is your negotiator on?
    And how high are you offering for wages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

crisco10 wrote: »
    I am getting fed up though. Can't sign anyone due to my available wage budget being £900 and I have millions in the bank and a small squad already. I have signed about 6 players. All with OVR less than 70. It's a good challenge to win matches but I just feel like I'm getting nowhere.

How did you sign enough players to get to 4 star?

And my negoitiator is 10/10...

My negoitiator is only on 4/10!

Yeah its getting a bit boring alright. Gonna go to a different team in it soon!

Ehm, I got rid of quiet a few players tbh, cleared up my wage budget. My stadium is on 8/10, and that gets you extra moneys to buy and pay players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thelastpartizan

an excellent 11 & where to sign them.

GK - Hugo Lloris (lyon)
    LB - aleksander kolarov (ss lazio)
    CB - per mertesacker (werder bremen)
    CB - richard dunne (aston villa)
    RB - davide santon (inter)
    LM - michel bastos (lyon)
    CM - walter gargano (napoli)
    CM - hernanes (sao paolo)
    RM - santi cazorlo (villareal)
    CF -mario ballotelli (inter)
    CF - gonzalo higuain (real madrid)

you'll need at least a negotiator level of 9/10 to get most of these players. Best thing to do in manager mode is, in your 1st season sell as many unwanted players as the board will allow, and use the money to boost fitness and negotiator levels. Then start signing new players in the mid season transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Take the players off the shortlist there is a glitch in the game that means you can't sign shortlisted players

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've restarted as Notts County to bring a League 2 team up from the bottom.

I am trying to sign players but keep getting told my negotiator is too busy as I bid on loads of players at one stage - how can I delete players from negotiation? I am playing on the Xbox.

Also, cheers to anyone who mentioned Mark Quigley. He's a great find. Any other players that people can recommend? Bear in mind I've to try and attract them to a League 2 club.

I've only lost once in 12 games in League 2 so I'm expecting to gain promotion easily enough so I'm starting to prepare for League One already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

http://www.fifafanatic.com/fifa-10-best-young-players/

Taken from the games database. If Im being honest ur better off lookin for them urself! better fun and more rewarding.

:DJames McCarthy ! GO ON! Peaks at 93.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've restarted as Notts County to bring a League 2 team up from the bottom.

I am trying to sign players but keep getting told my negotiator is too busy as I bid on loads of players at one stage - how can I delete players from negotiation? I am playing on the Xbox.

Also, cheers to anyone who mentioned Mark Quigley. He's a great find. Any other players that people can recommend? Bear in mind I've to try and attract them to a League 2 club.

I've only lost once in 12 games in League 2 so I'm expecting to gain promotion easily enough so I'm starting to prepare for League One already!

Fabian Brandy, Billy Kee, some Polish left back who I made captain in L2, and still is in the Prem. Can't remember his name though, will check later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lcfcpowers

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm managing Blackburn so have uncovered David Hoilett (young reserve striker) as a bit of a starlet. His overall is only 68 but he's a great finisher. He's very quick too.

Anyone else found any young stars at their clubs?

It seems to me that some young players are far better than their overall score - sort of like the way you used to be able to buy class young players in Championship Manager.

Im Man city and got a quality team- Ribery, Podolski,pique and dani alves
    im a leicester city fan so signed waghorn (cf) he is rated 66 but a beast up front and hes only 20 odd, he cost me around 900,000 and is now worth 1.8m!!!! :)

ANDYAVFC wrote: »
    ive just finished season 2 with Aston villa im a massive fan so i thought i would choose them my team is ... ( i play 442)

GK Brad Freidel mega keeper

RB Jose Bosingwa new signing very quick

CB Richard Dunne a solid rock

CB Carlos cuellar a great player

LB Stephen Warnock quick and will play great through balls to young

RM Aaron lennon just plain class

CM Kim kallstrom great to defend and attack

CM Alberto Aquilani amazing long shots

LM Ashley Young class crosses for adebayor

ST Gabby Agbonlahor quick and a great finisher

ST Emmanuel Adebayor amazing headers past the best keepers

subs

GK Brad Guzan

CB James Collins

CM Stillyan Petrov

LM Stewart Downing

RM James milner

ST Bojan

ST John Carew

This team has won 8 trophys in 2 seasons has anyone got any suggestions for better young players :)

Yh, you want to sign Waghorn from leicester city hes quality at 1 on 1's and I find he is as good as adeboyal-- up front i have Podolski and Waghorn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

am i the only person who uses scouting to find new young players... I find it really really effective

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    am i the only person who uses scouting to find new young players... I find it really really effective

Use it myself. The young players I bring through already have higher Overall's than the other players I can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

scouting then means i can find young talent and sell it at a huge profit generally :D happy days... which allows me to upgrade my scouting and i make even more money... it really is so so much more cost efficient compared to buying established players..

also young players have still lots of growth left so they can get even better.. most decent established players will soon start to decline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 colinFIFA

Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Henri Saivet (Bordeaux), Mathieu Saunier (Bordeaux), and Marcelo (R. Madrid):D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Micah Richards and Luton Shelton (can't finish but he's so damn fast for a low price)

I was able to get Richards with Leeds in League 1.

Maxime Partouche. Sign him up! Quality player!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lynxex

Andre Arshavin is spectacular, but for a cheap investment then its got to be Jermaine Beckford, he's quick, he's strong , he improve rapidly and his value soars for resale

• Advertisement

In manager mode im with man city, my team is:

Gk- Given
    rb- Dani Alves
    cb- Caragher
    cb- Lescott
    lb- A. Cole
    Cdm-Barry
    Cm- Fabregas
    LAM- Ribery
    RAM- De Castros (a scouted player peaks at 87, but cant seem to score)
    lf- David villa
    rf- Adeboyal

But i want to sign a different RAM and a new CB to replace caragher when he retires and have no idea who,my negotiation is 10/10 so any tips :confused:
    i have £35 million to spend and wages of £312,000!!! cheers :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Renzo

Just new to this board. I'm manager of Tottenham and i've just about changed the whole team. Here is my best team: Gomes, Corluka, King (C), Godin, Jankulovski, Ziani, Nam (Great signing only about £570,000 and overall in the 70's. Just 19 i recommend him), Huddlestone, Mesto, Gignac, Di Natale. Subs: Batista, Hutton, Bale, Bostock, Kranjcar, Farfan, Defoe. I also have Rickie Lambert as a backup striker. Anyone else recommend any good players that i can buy. I have £42million to spend and about 42,000 in wage budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 felipe.alves

Guys, i'm having trouble on selling players. How do I do that? ;P
    LOL, i mean, I select them and put them on sale. They WILL be sold, or they COULD be sold for teams? And they will just gone in the transfer window?

Tks buddies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Di Natale

Great player, great price, great wages. The best buy in the game I think.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Di Natale

Great player, great price, great wages. The best buy in the game I think.

where does he play?? :confused:;)

Lcfcpowers wrote: »
    where does he play?? :confused:;)
    Udinese. Italy

You will get him for under 10 million, overall is 85 and up.

I've now "upgraded" my team with more signings. At the end of the season i had 58million to spend and 204,000 in wage budget. Here my team with most of my signings in the team: Gomes, Woodgate, Luisao, King (C), Bale, De Jong, Gago, Bentley, Honda, Di Natale, Gignac. Here are my subs: Batista, Assou-Ekotto, Hutton, Kranjcar, Nam, Bojan, Lambert. My other signings that aren't in my starting 11 and subs are: Ziani, Mesto, Farfan.

Just finished my second season with Tottenham with Gignac being my top scorer with 30 goals. Also the 2 strikers in the team of the season were Gignac and Di Natale for the second season running. Also Di Natale got player of the season and the season before that it was Gignac! All going well at Tottenham :D:D

Try Di Natele on the wing too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Zoysa

Kevin Wheel i found him from scouting and he is an incredible left winger. not fantastic at pace or strength (but still acceptable even playing on World Class level), but he has good agility, fabulous crossing and passing, and has a deadly left boot on him (he played 2 matches in a row for me on liverpool, first against Man U then against Chelsea on World Class difficulty, and on each game he got 3 assists from 7 crosses, and scored 2 goals, ONE WAS A BICYCLE KICK!!!)

great youngster, and DIRT cheap. a fantastic addition to anyone who is playing with a low-rated team and needs a very very cheap young starlet whose overall level increases very quickly.

Advertisement