Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-05-2009, 20:20   #46
WillyWonka
Registered User
 
WillyWonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb View Post
?!

Sorry Rb, bit of a communication breakdown there. As it turns out I didn't go out either evening, was a bit under the weather
WillyWonka is offline  
Advertisement
25-05-2009, 22:30   #47
Rb
Banned
 
Rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Awesome.
Posts: 13,871
Send a message via MSN to Rb Send a message via Skype™ to Rb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehfesto2 View Post
Would anyone be up for a night wander in Dublin this Saturday/Sunday? Just walk around the main areas (O Connell St./Grafton St etc) to get some urban long exposures?


Similarly Im looking for anyone who's up for daytrips on either Mondays, Fridays or Sundays! Im finished college for the summer and wanna get some good shots in!
I'm available on Mondays. May be up for something this Saturday night, although with the nightclub/pub/drunks traffic around that area at night would it be safe?
Rb is offline  
27-05-2009, 13:14   #48
mehfesto2
Registered User
 
mehfesto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb View Post
I'm available on Mondays. May be up for something this Saturday night, although with the nightclub/pub/drunks traffic around that area at night would it be safe?
Safety in numbers! That's what Im using this thread for - I'd be too afraid to shoot town on my own!

If we could get about 4-5 of us it could work out great! And get a nice, wee pint after perhaps.
mehfesto2 is offline  
28-05-2009, 00:08   #49
Rb
Banned
 
Rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Awesome.
Posts: 13,871
Send a message via MSN to Rb Send a message via Skype™ to Rb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehfesto2 View Post
Safety in numbers! That's what Im using this thread for - I'd be too afraid to shoot town on my own!

If we could get about 4-5 of us it could work out great! And get a nice, wee pint after perhaps.
That sounds like a great plan!
Rb is offline  
28-05-2009, 11:20   #50
zaraba
No man is a River Island
 
zaraba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,774
Anyone in London at all? I'm looking for an excuse to head down there!
zaraba is offline  
Advertisement
28-05-2009, 15:58   #51
Calina
Registered User
 
Calina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: at the end of a lens
Posts: 7,435
Night wandering people

Dublin Docklands. I'm busy on Sat night but might manage tomorrow or Sunday night. I specifically want to go to the tall ships if possible. By night.

Any interest?
Calina is offline  
Thanks from:
28-05-2009, 16:08   #52
sineadw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,296
tomorrow night could work for me?
sineadw is offline  
28-05-2009, 21:51   #53
Rb
Banned
 
Rb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Awesome.
Posts: 13,871
Send a message via MSN to Rb Send a message via Skype™ to Rb
Sunday night would probably be better for me of the two, am interested though.
Rb is offline  
29-05-2009, 03:01   #54
monument
Moderator
 
monument's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehfesto2 View Post
Would anyone be up for a night wander in Dublin this Saturday/Sunday? Just walk around the main areas (O Connell St./Grafton St etc) to get some urban long exposures?


Similarly Im looking for anyone who's up for daytrips on either Mondays, Fridays or Sundays! Im finished college for the summer and wanna get some good shots in!
I would. On both counts.

For the weekend Saturday night would be the preference.

Last edited by monument; 29-05-2009 at 03:04.
monument is offline  
Advertisement
29-05-2009, 11:47   #55
mehfesto2
Registered User
 
mehfesto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,138
Sounds like this is shaping up well!

The ships sounds like a great idea too!

What about Sunday at 9:30pm, meeting at O'Connell Monument? The light would be at it's best then (weather permitting!), we could walk up the quays together, and then go back to O'Connell St. after for some shots there?

Add to the list if you're interested! :
1. Mehfesto
mehfesto2 is offline  
30-05-2009, 12:42   #56
Thoie
Registered User
 
Thoie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehfesto2 View Post
Sounds like this is shaping up well!

The ships sounds like a great idea too!

What about Sunday at 9:30pm, meeting at O'Connell Monument? The light would be at it's best then (weather permitting!), we could walk up the quays together, and then go back to O'Connell St. after for some shots there?

Add to the list if you're interested! :
1. Mehfesto
2. Thoie (weather permitting - I don't do rain )

This is all provided mehfesto isn't an axe murderer.
Thoie is offline  
30-05-2009, 12:57   #57
monument
Moderator
 
monument's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehfesto2 View Post
What about Sunday at 9:30pm, meeting at O'Connell Monument? The light would be at it's best then (weather permitting!), we could walk up the quays together, and then go back to O'Connell St. after for some shots there?
That's grand. Post here in advance if there's any problems.
monument is offline  
30-05-2009, 21:22   #58
mehfesto2
Registered User
 
mehfesto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoie View Post
2. Thoie (weather permitting - I don't do rain )

This is all provided mehfesto isn't an axe murderer.
mehfesto2 is offline  
31-05-2009, 00:40   #59
Thoie
Registered User
 
Thoie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehfesto2 View Post

Dammit.

I've just, uh, remembered I'm washing my hair that night. All night. I'm, erm, doing each strand individually.

On a more serious note, have you ever murdered anyone with an axe? other than camera gear, any other way for recognising people?
Thoie is offline  
31-05-2009, 09:11   #60
Calina
Registered User
 
Calina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: at the end of a lens
Posts: 7,435
If I do Docklands tall ships tonight, it will be around 9.30 butfromherewhichisawakefartooearlyaftera4.30arrivalhomelastnight it's not looking good.

If I am lucky I will get to post a decision one way or the other around 7.
Calina is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet