Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Saw my first one in Ireland yesterday evening opposite Merry's pub in Dungarvan... AWD Dual Motor, dark colour, hard to tell under the yellow lights. I sat in one in Sandyford the last time I was in Dublin, but somehow this looked bigger out on the street.

Any chance the owner is on here? Nice little runabout for ya anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Just a bit of trick for anyone who's interested. I'm a fan of Google Play Music which isn't currently available on the Tesla dashboard. To get it to work try this. Open Spotify, play any track, once the track starts press pause. Minimise Spotify. Open Browser and go to play.google.com/music and sign in. Your Google Music should now come through the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

fricatus wrote: »
    Saw my first one in Ireland yesterday evening opposite Merry's pub in Dungarvan... AWD Dual Motor, dark colour, hard to tell under the yellow lights. I sat in one in Sandyford the last time I was in Dublin, but somehow this looked bigger out on the street.

Any chance the owner is on here? Nice little runabout for ya anyway! :D

Just to add... my wife took a look at it and said "and no name of the garage on the back of it either, ha?"

I was about to mansplain Tesla's direct-sales model to her, but then I saw the smirk on her face and realised I'd been played like a fiddle. :D

Footage of the incident is available via Sentry Mode ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Speaking of Sentry Mode, what are the ingenious ways people are accessing the data?
    I have a Sandisk 128GB formatted to FAT32 with Ridgecrop GUI Format http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Surprised you cant sync easily with a local network hard drive or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

eddhorse wrote: »
    Speaking of Sentry Mode, what are the ingenious ways people are accessing the data?
    I have a Sandisk 128GB formatted to FAT32 with Ridgecrop GUI Format http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Yeh it's a pity you can't just make the drive network discoverable. Few people on other forums have used wifi enabled sd cards placed into usb adapters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

I'll be getting something like the SanDisk iXpand USB Flash Drive and the SentryView app.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Tesla make these decisions centrally and they dont give a damn for Ireland, a tiny little market. The rush to supply the UK before Brexit and the need to fulfill mainland Europe huge orders from leasing companies put us on the back burner. We are not dealing with dealerships like a regular car company so they really have no control over things.

Mostly agree, just to add, I have had the same thing with buying new motorcycles, Irish dealers are treated like 2nd class/out in the sticks dealers in larger markets even when they are the only or "main" dealer here.

Bike taking 3 to 6 months past the expected date while they are sitting unsoled in showrooms in other countries - and they don't even have the LHD/RHD difference.

If Brexit goes ahead, we can also hopefully ditch this "getting vehicles via the UK" (new ones, to dealers that is) nonsense too.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I am using a raspberry PI Zero W with a 128GB sd card using TeslaUSB, but it is complaining lately of being too slow, but running benchmarks it does not go below 10MB/s even writing small chunks, so trying to figure out what is the matter with it. It will upload the videos to drive or a local windows share

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Maybe this kit is what is coming as standard on the MIC model 3s? I think they should give them to us for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

jarrieta wrote: »
    I am using a raspberry PI Zero W with a 128GB sd card using TeslaUSB, but it is complaining lately of being too slow, but running benchmarks it does not go below 10MB/s even writing small chunks, so trying to figure out what is the matter with it. It will upload the videos to drive or a local windows share

Yep i saw that,my problem with the Pi would be if you cut power to it the SD card gets corrupted, so i need another battery?

I think this needs a new thread for Tesla accessories.
    Maybe the whole forum needs to be dissected into Manufacturers and then Models etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

mouthful wrote: »

The reason given in the article talks about salting and sanding of roads and harsh winter conditions none of which really exist in Ireland so I would say that it is unlikely. Irish winter conditions are quite mild apart from the wind which the mudflaps would do very little against. That said, who knows ;)

I don't agree, some of the very fequent road-works make a mess of vehicles in the wet/winter and we do get road salt applied if there is a forecast below freezing and the roads are wet.

The comments on the MIC ones was to do with road quality and lot of places here have rather poor surface quality.

"Every little helps".

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Can't be a lot more on order if the invoice numbers are correct, just passed 400 without taking account of cancellations.
    I ordered SR+ today.
    Invoice number ends 759

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Do they reuse order numbers if someone cancels? 750+ orders is a lot more than I would have expected for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I ordered SR+ today.
    Invoice number ends 759

It ended in 40X last week. It would mean they took nearly 350 orders in 7 days. Hardly but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Surely there is more than one invoice raised per car.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

It ended in 40X last week. It would mean they took nearly 350 orders in 7 days. Hardly but you never know.

I mean this would be the peak order time for a January delivery (or so the unsuspecting customers would assume) but yeah, 350 is a bit much. Maybe the numbers include Model S and Model X sales too?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I got two "Final Invoices", each with new incremental invoices numbers. So 3 of those 750+ invoice numbers are mine alone.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I ordered SR+ today.
    Invoice number ends 759

Are you sure that's not the reservation number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea your right they've sold 7 in a week. Now I did change the spec a few times so not sure if that produced a new invoice number everytime, if it did I'm responsible for 4 more of those numbers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    I got two "Final Invoices", each with new incremental invoices numbers. So 3 of those 750+ invoice numbers are mine alone.

According to this: https://www.irishevowners.ie/irish-bev-sales-october-2019/
    There have been only 36 completed sales of Tesla Model 3 in Ireland since it launched in September. Of course that only includes vehicles that have been delivered to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Yeah, it's the invoice number

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭finneys13

My invoice number, dated 12 November, ends in 682

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fennelln

Anyone know roughly how long the SEAI grant approvals are taking? It’s been about 4 weeks for me so far and it’s still not been approved.

fennelln wrote: »
    Anyone know roughly how long the SEAI grant approvals are taking? It’s been about 4 weeks for me so far and it’s still not been approved.

It took about 2 weeks for mine.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Do they reuse order numbers if someone cancels? 750+ orders is a lot more than I would have expected for Ireland.

I bet ireland is part of uk for sales invoice

It took about 2 weeks for mine.

Thanks. does something show up in your Tesla account or did you just get contacted with the reg number.

fennelln wrote: »
    Thanks. does something show up in your Tesla account or did you just get contacted with the reg number.

I got contacted with the reg number a few days before pickup (on a Saturday before a Tuesday pickup).

• Advertisement

I got contacted with the reg number a few days before pickup (on a Saturday before a Tuesday pickup).

Cheers for the reply. I guess I just need to be patient. Was down for a pickup tomorrow on my account but no grant yet so won’t be happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement