Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA test on child that could be Madeleine McCann...

• 28-07-2011 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

If this child isn't Madeleine, could you imagine the distress the parents of the girl are feeling right now?
    Indian police take DNA from child British and American tourist said was missing Madeleine McCann
    By RICHARD HARTLEY-PARKINSON
    Last updated at 10:36 AM on 28th July 2011

Tourists believe they have spotted Maddie in Northern India
    Police in India have taken DNA swabs from a young girl they believe could be Madeleine McCann.
    A group of people are believed to have spotted a youngster who looks like Maddie while on holiday in the north Indian city of Leh.
    They tried to take the girl from a couple who said they were her parents, a French woman and her Belgian husband.
    The British woman first saw them in a market in the city with the girl and when she raised concerns with other people they agreed.
    An American woman tried to take the girl from them and and police were called who took their passports while they investigate the claims.
    A spokesman for Leh police said: 'It all depends upon the evidence like DNA for which help from Madeleine's parents and the British police was required.
    Madeleine was days short of her fourth birthday when she went missing on a family holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007.
    Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Madeleine’s parents Gerry and Kate McCann, said: 'Our private investigators are aware of the reports from India over the weekend about a possible sighting of Madeleine.
    'We are liaising with the Indian authorities over the incident and await the results of the DNA test.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019698/Madeleine-McCann-spotted-north-Indian-market-tourist.html#ixzz1TOKrE3Cc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

if she comes back alive i will be amazed and incredibly happy for the parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

January wrote: »
    If this child isn't Madeleine, could you imagine the distress the parents of the girl are feeling right now?
    She's not going to look that much like her after how many years is it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Now thats what I call "getting someones hopes up"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

She's not going to look that much like her after how many years is it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

FatherLen wrote: »

A lot of people will look extremely foolish, not to mention callous, if she comes back alive.

On topic, WTF?? What on earth were the tourists thinking essentially trying to snatch a child in public from her parents??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i hope with all my heart that the little girl is madeleine, i have always felt very sorry for her parents, just what they need, they have and are still going through hell,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They saw a girl who they thought might look like an older version of Madeline McCann and tried to take her off her parents? Retards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Einhard wrote: »
    A lot of people will look extremely foolish, not to mention callous, if she comes back alive.

On topic, WTF?? What on earth were the tourists thinking essentially trying to snatch a child in public from her parents??

Exactly - what an awful thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Bet you any money its not her. There has been far too much publicity and still is for that little girl to be walking around the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mod: Parenting, Parenting Mods
    There's a joke in there somewhere.

Well, hopefully it's her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

It should be easy enough to know it's her from the mark on her eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

what would you do if you thought you seen Madeleine??

Would be amazing if it was her, tbh I would have alot of words to eat if it was!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

biko wrote: »
    There's a joke in there somewhere.

Well, hopefully it's her.

I'll give a cookie to the first person that finds it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Would be an incredible turn of events if it was her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

FatherLen wrote: »

Me too, I really wish she would. Although that said, I also think, unfortunately, that this story won't have a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Any american tried snatchin my child I'd flip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

As said previously, the mark in her eye would be an immediate give away, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭badabing106

There have been literarily hundreds of reported sighting of "Madeleine" around the world. All return out to be false, but will sell a truck load of newspapers each time. The McCanns are the only couple that know where their daughter is. I recall another british couple, the lady looking like "victoria beckham" having taken her as well. Found the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204605/The-Victoria-Beckham-lookalike-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-asked-tourist-new-daughter.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

There have been literarily hundreds of reported sighting of "Madeleine" around the world. All return out to be false, but will sell a truck load of newspapers each time. The McCanns are the only couple that know where their daughter is. I recall another british couple, the lady looking like "victoria beckham" having taken her as well

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

That child is long gone, ill eat my shorts otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Madeline had a very unusual Iris in one of her eyes like the letter Q - maybe the tourists used that as an identifier rather than basing it just on looks similarity?

There have been literarily hundreds of reported sighting of "Madeleine" around the world. All return out to be false, but will sell a truck load of newspapers each time. The McCanns are the only couple that know where their daughter is. I recall another british couple, the lady looking like "victoria beckham" having taken her as well. Found the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204605/The-Victoria-Beckham-lookalike-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-asked-tourist-new-daughter.html

Sorry I was talking about the little girl who is being tested, if she isn't Madeleine then I'm sure her actual parents are feeling like their world is ending and they'll never be able to bring her anywhere again for fear of her being man handled by tourists thinking she's Madeleine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Owen wrote: »
    Madeline had a very unusual Iris in one of her eyes like the letter Q - maybe the tourists used that as an identifier rather than basing it just on looks similarity?
    They must have got pretty damn close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

If it actually were her (which it isn't) it would be a bit of an ethical dilemma.

She's spent half her life with the new family, and probably can't remember most of the first half. Think my earliest memories are at around 4-5. Sure would have been traumatic when she was taken, but kids that age adapt really fast. Imagine the new family thought they legitimately adopted her.

Alopex wrote: »
    If it actually were her (which it isn't) it would be a bit of an ethical dilemma.

She's spent half her life with the new family, and probably can't remember most of the first half. Think my earliest memories are at around 4-5. Sure would have been traumatic when she was taken, but kids that age adapt really fast. Imagine the new family thought they legitimately adopted her.

If it is her, her new "family" know exactly how they got her. They can claim they adopted her legitimately but it was worldwide news when she disappeared, there's no way they wouldn't have seen her and thought "nah, not her" we'll carry on with the adoption.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

How many times has this story (about Madeline's disappearance) been in the papers now? Every time it 'dies down' there's another story about it.
    How many kids go missing in the world, yet this is the only one that has gotten SO MUCH media attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Eh, no ethical question about it. Give her back to her real parents, and adoptive parents go to prison*.

* Or face a long interrogation at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If it actually were her (which it isn't) it would be a bit of an ethical dilemma...

Er no. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'll donate €100 to SSF and 10 pints of blood if it turns out to be Madeline.

This is another cheap marketing ploy from the McCanns to sell their book.

Seeing as pro-tips seem to be in-vogue here's one:

Protip: Don't leave your 3 year old daughter and 2 year old toddlers all alone whilst you go to a tapas bar you pair of negligent fùcks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Einhard wrote: »
    Eh, no ethical question about it. Give her back to her real parents, and adoptive parents go to prison*.

* Or face a long interrogation at least.

Give her back to the parents who left her and the other young child unsupervised while they went out partying? Eh no I don't think so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement