Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know of where i can drop these toys

• 18-11-2009 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there, i have some toys that i would like to give poor children at christmas. I am happy to donate them to somewhere like Barnados or Unicef, but what i really want to do is to actually go to this familys homes and give then kids the toys myself, ive always wanted to get more involed in charitys and not just give money and dont see the end result.

Anyone know of any that will guide me in this, i live in kildare so anywhere in kildare or Dublin is good. If there are any charitiys that would tell me of poor familys that i could go with assistance to.

They are all brand new toys in the original packageing and range from a 1 year old up to a 12 year old

Do you think every child deserves a happy christmas 1 vote

Yes
    0%
    Depends on the child
    100%
    melinmove 1 vote
    No
    0%
    Dont know
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Fair play to you, that's really kind.

I think your best bet would be contact your local Vincent De Paul, and ask if they can take the toys.

They will probably give them to parents to take the Santa pressure off them, so it's unlikely anyone except the parents will actually see the children receive them. You might have to settle for knowing that they went to very good use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 melinmove

Depends on the child
    Thanks, the toys went last night to my local SVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Well done.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SSF doesnt collect used toys because its a nightmare but I'm glad to see them going to a good home. Good for you and someone's xmas will be brighter for it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hi guys,
    Just got linked here from AH.

I have about 180 teddies that need a good home, it was a private collection of a family member.
    I am trying to avoid them ending up in a shop looking forlorn somewhere, and would love to know they are actually being given to somebody for Christmas.

Any ideas on best plces to contact?

We have a SVP shop in my town, but they just sell what they get and I worry that these will eventually end up being binned, as teddies dont seem to be popular in charity shops and to know a kid is getting one for Christmas would be much nicer than knowing its being sold somewhere for 10c.

Any suggestions for Leinster/Dublin area gratefully received.
    App 180 teddies of all sorts, about half are new (no labels) rest are in good to very good condition.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Hello again,

Bless you boards.ie

Just made contact with a nurse from a home for terminally and mentally ill children who will be happy to make many little people smile with them.

Much appreciated.

Advertisement