Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭briany

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    He will run again and become president

He'll probably want to run again if he's in any way able, and unless there are some major events in the next 4 years to change the shape of politics, I'd figure he'd be a front runner for the Republican nomination. As for actually being elected President, well, 81 million people essentially voted against him last time, and given what we now know about his behaviour as President, he won't be inspiring apathy in his political opponents, which was a factor I suspect helped him beat Clinton in 2016.

His approval rating is at 38%. So maybe selling Maga hats and steak knives on late night TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newmember2

AMKC wrote: »
    I think he knew what he was doing. He wanted to ruin Joe Biden's inauguration by him having to have the Capital locked down with all the security but he did not think long term about the damage the raid on the Capital would have on himself and looking at it now I would say he regrets it but will never admit that.
    He wants to be able to brag that his inauguration still had more people than Obama's which is false by the way Obama's had more and Biden' but Biden' was going to be limited by Covid anyway so in hindsight what he done was utterly stupid and short sighted but I fir one am delighted for him. I hope he just fades away and we do not hear anything from him again ever....

You honestly credit him with that much intelligence??
    And the assault on the capitol was to reduce inauguration numbers?????:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Take you pick. He has broken dozens of laws. He & several members of his family are under investigation for fraud. If he & his family are guilty of no crime, why do you suppose that he has enquired about pardoning himself and his family? Why would he need a pardon?

Which laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

OS_Head wrote:
    Which laws?

He has been impeached twice for starters. He broke several laws insisting that Georgia find the exact amount of votes needed for him to steal the election. He may be charged over the Capitol Coup. Directing a terrorist attack might be worded a bit strong but along those lines.

Explain why he'd want a pardon for him and his family if they didn't break any laws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Defects to North Korea and gets executed after eating all the Cheeseburgers in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

First of all Biden will become increasingly senile over the next two years and perhaps will die in office before finishing his term?

The chance of something happening to trumps health is many times more likely than to Biden in the next 4 years, he's a heart attack waiting to happen, can barely walk up stairs, and most exercise seems to be signing his name or swinging a golf club.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Assuming he's fit to run (legally) I think he'll run and, if he does, will become the Republican nominee.

I suspect he'll carry on his rallies in the mean time. The Republican base is still all his and will be for as long as he wants/has use for them.

And of course he'll set up his own media empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

The republican party will never go near him again. He'll insult them non stop and over a number of years they will distance themselves more and more to the point where they'll be nearly apologising for giving him the keys.

Outside of politics, he'd be mad not to set up some cheap product or service to flog to the millions of Americans who think he's some sort of a God. He has a market size most companies could only dream of. His resorts and golf courses inaccessible to these people. Trump gas maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

OS_Head wrote: »
    Which laws?

The Emoluments Clause, and this is what the Democrats should have went after him for instead of the Russia nonsense.

• Advertisement

He has been impeached twice for starters. He broke several laws insisting that Georgia find the exact amount of votes needed for him to steal the election. He may be charged over the Capitol Coup. Directing a terrorist attack might be worded a bit strong but along those lines.

Explain why he'd want a pardon for him and his family if they didn't break any laws?

So you still think the witch-hunt called the Russia collusion, which wasn't was actually real? Ever mongrel on the street knows it was made up by Hillary Clinton and Obama was briefed. The only person convicted was the FBI lawyer for fabricating evidence. But you might have missed that since MSM didn't report it.

Did you actually listen to the Georgia tape in full or did you just listen to MSM's take on it. If you do listen with unbiased ears you will find he was asking for him to find votes that had been switched, went missing or were unverified. Here's the full Trump quote.
    And you are going to find that they are — which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you're not reporting it. That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense. And you can't let that happen. That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that's a big risk. But they are shredding ballots, in my opinion, based on what I've heard. And they are removing machinery and they're moving it as fast as they can, both of which are criminal finds. And you can't let it happen and you are letting it happen. You know, I mean, I'm notifying you that you're letting it happen. So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state.

The Capitol Coup that started 12min before his speech finished? That coup? The one were he asked his supporters to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard? That one? That's what the second impeachment is about and the house passed it illegally in 7 hours.
    I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," Trump said in his speech. "Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for [the] integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time, far longer than this four-year period.

And that last thing:

So you have proof of this? Not just hear say? Because that's all it is. Hear say. Just like the Atlantic anonymous story during last year that got the backing of all left wing press. Later it was shown to be false, but MSM don't really care cos the damage has been done and stories like this suit their agenda.

Now I have taken my time to explain some things to you. You should take some of your own time to independently verify and figure out why all this is happening. Time for you to wake up Sleeper12. Simply going along with the MSM narrative is ignorant and down right lazy unless you really are asleep. Any one that doesn't question MSMs motives are simply allowing them to manufacture consent to these events.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I think he'll be back. (I hope he will as he's entertaining)
    I can see the Republican party wanting nothing to do with him and him becoming increasingly pissed off with them. I can't see him remaining in politics unless the focus is on him, he's not a team player. He got to the highest political position in the country and the only way from there is down. Perhaps media, I could see that.
    I think, prior to the Capitol incident
    his future looked assured but he overeached and people are nervous of being associated with him.

Whatever about him personally I think the positions he took that made him popular will be adopted by other politicians. America first, no foreign wars, bringing back jobs, limiting immigration and other popular things will become more mainstream.

The Emoluments Clause, and this is what the Democrats should have went after him for instead of the Russia nonsense.

Sure then you'd have to bring down the whole Deep State. That's their raison d'être.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I've seen two main options put forward on this forum, (1) that he'll remain a political force until the 2024 primaries start up and the Republicans have to take him seriously or (2) that he'll be so mired in litigation that he'll have no time for politics.

There are of course other options for the next 4 years - prison, exile, death or ill-health (he isn't young and he's been under stress), no politics but a business success, emperor. But it'd be an interesting exercise for people to lay their cards on the table now and make their predictions.

Personally I think his political influence will die quickly after the Capitol fiasco but someone else will emerge in 2 years, once the memories have waned, to be the standard-bearer for the QAnon wing.

Well the train ride is over. A pity for many who were making money off Anti-Trump hysteria.

Judging by the fact that many referred to Trump as comparable to Hitler. Some so called 'professional' commentators who should know better gleefully did so. With a strong agenda no matter how tenuous the point as long as there was confirmation bias.

Plus it even fed through to the ordinary Irish observers on boards.ie who were convinced he was like the Nazi's and Hitler. No nuanced knowledge of the vastly different reasons people voted for Trump. Plus zero attention paid to all the demographics who voted for Trump which included some African American men and a lot of white women who viewed Trump as a family man. Yet he is painted as a racist misogynist by some.

I think his career in politics is over, it certainly won't be world domination. Like many seemed to fear in thier hysteria
    He seems to enjoy stress and pressure, oddly. The thing that would destroy him is if he felt he was no longer relevant, and people stopped listening to him. But about half of American's voted for him and many will lose interest now.

Trump will just build more golf courses and do a bit of after dinner speaking about how he was robbed in the election etc. I assume he will release a book of some sort. 'The art of the steal' maybe?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

So you still think the witch-hunt called the Russia collusion, which wasn't was actually real? Ever mongrel on the street knows it was made up by Hillary Clinton and Obama was briefed. The only person convicted was the FBI lawyer for fabricating evidence. But you might have missed that since MSM didn't report it.

Did you actually listen to the Georgia tape in full or did you just listen to MSM's take on it. If you do listen with unbiased ears you will find he was asking for him to find votes that had been switched, went missing or were unverified. Here's the full Trump quote.

The Capitol Coup that started 12min before his speech finished? That coup? The one were he asked his supporters to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard? That one? That's what the second impeachment is about and the house passed it illegally in 7 hours.

And that last thing:

So you have proof of this? Not just hear say? Because that's all it is. Hear say. Just like the Atlantic anonymous story during last year that got the backing of all left wing press. Later it was shown to be false, but MSM don't really care cos the damage has been done and stories like this suit their agenda.

Now I have taken my time to explain some things to you. You should take some of your own time to independently verify and figure out why all this is happening. Time for you to wake up Sleeper12. Simply going along with the MSM narrative is ignorant and down right lazy unless you really are asleep. Any one that doesn't question MSMs motives are simply allowing them to manufacture consent to these events.

MSM...men seeking men?

astrofool wrote: »
    The chance of something happening to trumps health is many times more likely than to Biden in the next 4 years, he's a heart attack waiting to happen, can barely walk up stairs, and most exercise seems to be signing his name or swinging a golf club.

You have got to be kidding. Biden looks like he's on his last legs and the Democrats should be held accountable for Elderly abuse. This man is old and frail and won't last a year. Have a look for yourself.

https://twitter.com/JoshLekach/status/1350623485383516160

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

I will miss the 'respectable' media and politician types hyperventilating over his latest misdeeds :D

I will also miss his Twitter pronouncements. Maybe he could set up a new social media platform ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You have got to be kidding. Biden looks like he's on his last legs and the Democrats should be held accountable for Elderly abuse. This man is old and frail and won't last a year. Have a look for yourself.

https://twitter.com/JoshLekach/status/1350623485383516160

I like how even Twitter has started calling out this bs. Makes one seem pretty gullible for still sharing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,983 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

HBC08 wrote: »
    If he ran as an independent it would also split the Republican vote.

Oh, absolutely, but I don't think he'll give a **** about the party. He already feels betrayed that they didn't overwrite the electoral ballot.

A trump candidacy world be a headache for the Republicans one way or the other.

Trump jnr on the other hand reduces the risk of a split.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

I think he has a wall to finish, always a project retired public servants start or finish on retirement

• Advertisement

What's no one on boards wants to hear.

TDS is real.

And if you don't think so, then you probably have it. Here... Have a Red Pill. :pac::pac::pac:

Overheal wrote: »
    I like how even Twitter has started calling out this bs. Makes one seem pretty gullible for still sharing it.

For noticing that he's old and frail?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think he has a wall to finish, always a project retired public servants start or finish on retirement

I’ll eat a red hat if Trump is out there putting sections of wall up the same way Jimmy Carter rocks a wheelbarrow full of bricks building houses (or did, when he was a few years younger). Chain gangs don’t count

John Doe1 wrote:
    Defects to North Korea and gets executed after eating all the Cheeseburgers in the country

We have a winner :)

OS_Head wrote:

Where will you get your news from now that trump is banned from spouting his hate speech on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Here... Have a Red Pill. :pac::pac::pac:

Those Red Pill people are some of the most stupid, deluded, unhappy people you could encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

He might want to run again but won't be allowed - all these videos of these thugs rushing Capitol Hill will haunt him from now on. Frankly I'm surprised that nobody tried to kill him - I never want to see him on tv again - you don't have to agree with anyone's politics but to stand up and just lie (remember the bleach comment) and for republican members in the House and Senate to continually back him - he's made a mockery of them all.

Where will you get your news from now that trump is banned from spouting his hate speech on social media?

Well, good question. It was the MSM that pushed the Iraq war and got practically every one in the west to agree that the US army should kill 100s of thousands of people because of a lie that Bush and Blair wanted to be true. That MSM is still very much alive and well. You don't have to agree with me.

I find mostly it's easier to switch all them off. Most of them are only trying to manipulate you anyway. I like my news to be brought to me by non activists not big salaries. But I do listen to news from all sides and make my own mind up in the end.

Those Red Pill people are some of the most stupid, deluded, unhappy people you could encounter.

You sound like one of those people who think the world is dandy and fine are. I guess you're really just a lazy minded brainwashed sheep. Do you find it easier to just agree with everything you're told? You sure you don't want a Red Pill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Northernlily

For noticing that he's old and frail?

Manipulated media. There's even a label saying so on the tweet you posted.

I'm not sure Biden is the one who needs to be checked out here....

Advertisement