Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2020/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Nathan Ferguson 4.0, good chance of starting RB for Palace.

Brainthwaite also 4.0M with a chance of starting for Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Lundstram a Mid this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Martial attacker
    Rashford and Greenwood mids
    Jota mid
    Richie mid

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Prices feel low this year and I’m usually complaining about the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

CSF wrote: »

I think they feel high. So many must haves have very €€€€.
    Gonna be tough!

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    I think they feel high. So many must haves have very €€€€.
    Gonna be tough!

Who do you think was higher than you expected out of interest?

I agree that you can’t have all the must haves, but they were never gonna be pricing Sterling, Mane, Salah. KDB, Auba, Fernandes at 10 or below. You pick the 2 or 3 most must have and find value around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yeah I think they have got a few player prices wrong there might be a template enabler picks. The extra money will leave money for an extra premium or two for people - seem like we should see higher points totals this year.

The lower price of strikers in comparison to mids changes things up a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PVA is 5.5 yet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

My team

PVA is 5.5 yet again!

Feels like a lot for him after 2 consecutive 3 goals 2 assist seasons.

For reference, Saiss got 2 goals 2 assists and there was barely an eyelid to be batted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Braithwaite for Everton looks like potentially the best 4.0 player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

GW deadlines are now going to be 90 minutes before kickoff. That'll put and end to leaked line ups,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Another advantage over casuals removed. Bad decision imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Excellent decision, skews things so heavily when something big leaks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

titan18 wrote: »
    What was?

The leaked team news. Moving the deadline removes the advantage that gave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

GW deadlines are now going to be 90 minutes before kickoff. That'll put and end to leaked line ups,

Well that sucks

Kloppo must be delighted with that given the time difference for him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ScummyMan wrote: »
    The leaked team news. Moving the deadline removes the advantage that gave

For some reason that post isn't appearing on the touch website for me. Just goes from braithwraith at 4m to your post and was very confused. Appeared on the app then

An early irrelevant observation is that KDB is higher owned than TAA. Value not a high consideration among early team makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Brewster, Davis, Wickham, Vassilev.

Only 4 but still something.

Seen links before about Brewster to Leeds so might be an option but Pool fans will know more.

Be keeping an eye.

If Brewster goes on loan, I'll probably get him in at 4.5. he should get a lot of gametime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

80k signed up now... Lowest amount I have ever seen lol

Edit .. 90k now...that was fast, I expect at least 4mill before kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Some absurdly low prices here, feels like they didn't spend much time on deciding them?

I expected TAA to be at least 8.0, probably 8.5, and thought maybe 9.0 to give us a decision to make. Same with Robbo, 7.0 is a steal when you look at his consistency over 2 seasons.

Mane priced the same as Salah doesn't make much sense to me when you look at their historical record and that salah will take pens. Make Mane 0.5 less, give the players a decision to make.

Firmino at 9.5. Ridiculous when you look at his points. I was expecting 8.5 where suddenly he might enter your radar. At 9.5 only absolute casuals are going to consider him.

I think this is going to lead to some very template teams unfortunately. It'll be easier to fit players in but ultimately will lead to a more boring game, more clear must haves who are unequivically value rather than interesting debates/decisions over how to spend your funds.

Not impressed at all with the pricing, looks like very little effort or analysis went into it

Yeah, it’s arguably taken him out of the conversation IMO. You just have him at that price now, or you’re almost making a full on objectively bad decision.

Yeah this basically.

Way to make the game boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Morzadec wrote: »
    Not impressed at all with the pricing, looks like very little effort or analysis went into it

Agreed but the game usually finds a way of making itself interesting. Also the under priced players are at least an advantage for non causals - I do agree it could be quite template and then all about who’s big hitters/captains fire. Saying that I watched the Fantasy Football Scout live stream when the game launched and they were all thinking along different lines to me.

Robertson is good value but VVD is actually better value on paper at 6.5 so there is a decision there at least.

Two players I’m most interested is seeing in early weeks are Bruno Fernandes and Werner. Is Bruno going to be able to keep up his scoring rate (including 4 penalties) and be a true premium at 1.5m less than Salah/Mane/Auba and can Werner score 20+ goals as in Bundersliha become big value at 9.5.

Fixtures will change everything of course.

At the moment 7 players are locked in, 4 will be bench fodder and then my decisions will revolve around 4 others. Werner/Bruno and 3 others probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The game will be template enough.

The only issue is midfield. Which big hitters will you put in at any one time? There are simply too many.

Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

How many would have bought TAA at 8.5?

I probably would have. An OOP winger, on set pieces, with the added bonus of CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fitz* wrote: »

I probably would have. An OOP winger, on set pieces, with the added bonus of CS.

Probably would have too. Makes it a decision though whereas at 7.5 its not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sanket wrote: »
    How to check ID on an android?

go to team history and its in the url.

Fitz* wrote: »

I would have. Some wouldn't. There would have been a debate to be had which is ehy it would have been the right price.

At 8.0 you have maybe 5 or 10% of sane people not putting him in so still too low but at least some variety.

At 7.5 you have no sane person not putting him in their team.

So we all start with 14 players essentially. Pointless imo.

• Advertisement

Is Leno back at the start of the season?

Could be a nice set and forget at 5.0M

Advertisement