Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gerry Cinnamon has announced a second show in Belfast and added a show at the INEC in Killarney for next summer

**** me that Killarney show will be mental

The guy has a cough cough type of cultural following

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

PTH2009 wrote: »
    **** me that Killarney show will be mental

The guy has a cough cough type of cultural following

And what type would that be exactly??

And what type would that be exactly??

quite a few would be fond of the owl hard drugs and drink. Social distancing would also not be part of their culture. Seriously though he would have a rough enough following but all his fans aren't like that

Teenagers and young adults love him, i was on a bus down to when he supported Liam Gallagher last year and most were only there for Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I got an email today to tell me about John Bishops Irish dates for 2021 2022.

Yip, thats right folks. 2022!

That must be a new record for selling tickets in advance.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I got an email today to tell me about John Bishops Irish dates for 2021 2022.

Yip, thats right folks. 2022!

That must be a new record for selling tickets in advance.

Its quite a common thing for comedies to announce shows/tours way in advance. Not sure of the reason but maybe its a creative one (announce the tour a year or 2 before hand and write it then)

Elton John I think announced his dublin 2020 (now 2021) shows in 2018

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its quite a common thing for comedies to announce shows/tours way in advance. Not sure of the reason but maybe its a creative one (announce the tour a year or 2 before hand and write it then)

Elton John I think announced his dublin 2020 (now 2021) shows in 2018

Yea i think Peter Kay did the same and his Irish dates were close to 2 years away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Little Mix have announced a UK and Ireland tour for next April and May.
    The 3Arena is pencilled in for April 28th.
    Bit ridiculous announcing a tour when there is almost no chance of it going ahead as scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zardoz wrote: »
    Bit ridiculous announcing a tour when there is almost no chance of it going ahead as scheduled.

We'll see a lot of that in the next few months. Get people buying the tickets and then postpone. Then they have your money on the books.

The Nal wrote: »
    We'll see a lot of that in the next few months. Get people buying the tickets and then postpone. Then they have your money on the books.

It seems like a cash grab to be honest.
    Their last tour was only last October and November and before that it was Oct/Nov 2017.
    Very odd going back on tour only 18 months after the last tour considering the current climate.

It seems like a cash grab to be honest.

Its exactly what it is. Trying to get a refund on a flight at the moment and its been ongoing since March. "We'll respond within the next 60-90 days" sort of stuff. So its taken them since March to reply to two emails. Still no refund. My 2K is still sat in their bank account so it looks like they're more liquid than they are.

Same for promoters etc. Otherwise they have no business at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Heilung are due to play Dublin next year, 10th Dec 2021.

They're in the National Stadium- has anyone been for a gig there before? I'd like to book seats but don't know what section to opt for- the incline doesn't look great and am concerned about view being blocked by standing folk. Thinking of B D or F but would love to hear how others got on as I've never been before.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Donny Benet playing Whelan's in May

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Little Mix have announced a UK and Ireland tour for next April and May.
    The 3Arena is pencilled in for April 28th.

I was wondering if the numbers will just be limited and seating spaced out more!! My girls are mad about them and get tickets to all their shows, so unfortunately they will be asking for these tickets for xmas so have to get them!! but i am super curious as to how it'll be done, I've already had load of gigs pushed to next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

mumo3 wrote: »
    I was wondering if the numbers will just be limited and seating spaced out more!! My girls are mad about them and get tickets to all their shows, so unfortunately they will be asking for these tickets for xmas so have to get them!! but i am super curious as to how it'll be done, I've already had load of gigs pushed to next year

I think they will be doing selling it on full capacity basis on the hope that it can go ahead but I'm not 100% sure. Whatever about gigs which have already sold and have been rescheduled, it seems mad they could sell tickets on that basis but guess they could always reschedule or cancel again. Think it could be to get cash in the bank for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

mumo3 wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, like the other poster said, these are being sold at full capacity. While it seems bizarre to think that we'd be able to return to normal by April, they obviously want to secure sales. This is probably especially relevant to an act like Little Mix, who had to cancel their 2020 summer tour around local UK outdoor venues which gave them a nice boost over the last few years.

Most rescheduled concerts or new announcements seem to be putting October & November 2021 as their schedule, which seems a more reasonable timeframe.

As far as I'm aware, like the other poster said, these are being sold at full capacity. While it seems bizarre to think that we'd be able to return to normal by April, they obviously want to secure sales. This is probably especially relevant to an act like Little Mix, who had to cancel their 2020 summer tour around local UK outdoor venues which gave them a nice boost over the last few years.

Most rescheduled concerts or new announcements seem to be putting October & November 2021 as their schedule, which seems a more reasonable timeframe.

Really hope we see the summer shows return in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gary Barlow playing Dublin and Belfast in June (maybe!)

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1311923915422412801?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Gary Barlow playing Dublin and Belfast in June (maybe!)

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1311923915422412801?s=20

Didn't he barely sell out the bord gais last time? Still he's a guaranteed entertaining night out, I'll see how the world is in May.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Didn't he barely sell out the bord gais last time? Still he's a guaranteed entertaining night out, I'll see how the world is in May.

He sold out 2 nights there quickly enough bar the VIP holdbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He sold out 2 nights there quickly enough bar the VIP holdbacks.

Like a man in orthopedic shoes, I stand corrected.....

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/377818032249268/posts/3627972180567154/

AC/DC maybe

Slane maybe ha, think it will be Croker or RDS. Could also be an arena tour for Autumn 2021

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Like a man in orthopedic shoes, I stand corrected.....

Standing tickets for his Killarney gig on the last tour were 67 euro, the missus went with a few friends.
    He is looking for over 100 euro for decent seats in Dublin this tour and most of the floor seems to be VIP seating at over 200 euro.
    Absolutely ridiculous prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Deftones + very special guest Gojira
    6 June 2021 3 Arena
    Tickets sale from 9am 14th Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Greg81 wrote: »
    Deftones + very special guest Gojira
    6 June 2021 3 Arena
    Tickets sale from 9am 14th Oct.

Balls. That puts a dampener on the chances of Sunstroke happening next year.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Penfailed wrote: »
    Balls. That puts a dampener on the chances of Sunstroke happening next year.

That was my first feeling after the gig was announced, unless they have another headliner instead (if it even goes ahead).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭fafy

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rainagain

Longitude announced for next summer, I'm taking it as a positive sign that outdoor gigs will be happening (I know nothing is certain but I'm trying to think positively!)

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1127/1180881-first-acts-announced-for-longitude-2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

rainagain wrote: »
    Longitude announced for next summer, I'm taking it as a positive sign that outdoor gigs will be happening (I know nothing is certain but I'm trying to think positively!)

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1127/1180881-first-acts-announced-for-longitude-2021/

Save yourself the hassle and don't buy tickets for any gig announced next year yet.

Don't know how the organisers of longitude are hoping to pack thousands of people into a venue when things are still so uncertain.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Save yourself the hassle and don't buy tickets for any gig announced next year yet.

Don't know how the organisers of longitude are hoping to pack thousands of people into a venue when things are still so uncertain.

None of these big gigs or festivals are going ahead without any insurance and theres no insurance company in the world who'll offer an insurance plan at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

The Nal wrote: »
    None of these big gigs or festivals are going ahead without any insurance and theres no insurance company in the world who'll offer an insurance plan at the moment.

The only way they'll go ahead is if covid-19 is no longer an issue and I just don't know how they're planning for July gigs while we're been told the majority of us won't be vaccinated until late 2021.

Advertisement