Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Zardoz wrote: »
    7k ffs .
    The price of those glorified tents is eye watering.

Be cheaper to stay in some swanky hotel nearby and get helicoptered in and out each day .

Its crazy I agree but people are paying for the guarantee of the tickets and don't need to go in for the general sale.. some are way more I saw one for £20K for an airstream and hospitality tickets

to be honest I, myself have a similar package glamping and guaranteed standard tickets but not paying nowhere near that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

How much are you paying Cocker?

How much are you paying Cocker?

Ok so in all honesty its still crazy money.. £1,500 plus ticket price so £1,750 approx.
    Campsite is lovely though, actual beds (mattress) lovely showers, food included - I know its mental money but this year will be my last year (for that reason)... after that ill try general sale and take my chance's and then try and book glamping separately - if that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If I had the cash I’d do it for the ticket alone and then just camp inside with everyone else!

MadYaker wrote: »
    If I had the cash I’d do it for the ticket alone and then just camp inside with everyone else!

agree ... its the draw of the ticket guarantee that's why most people do it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

If moneys not an issue who cares. At least you're guaranteed a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭declanleo

showpony1 wrote: »
    just my luck i'd finally go to Glasto and headliner would be Taylor Swift

I skipped stormzy and the killers. You could skip Taylor swift easily

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Who is likely to headline next year
    Top 3 ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Soulsun wrote: »
    Who is likely to headline next year
    Top 3 ?

My guess , Fleetwood Mac-Paul McCartney & Taylor Swift

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

My guess , Fleetwood Mac-Paul McCartney & Taylor Swift

McCartney, pretty much a lock in. Basically self-confirmed last year.
    Swift, Highly likely. She ticks so many boxes: Female, solo, hugely popular.
    Fleetwood Mac? Hard to know. They have being trying for years but FM keep d*cking them around asking for crazy money and riders/requirements. But there would certainly be the interest.

Good question though.

Assume McCartney and Swift are locked down for Friday and Sunday, who would be your dream Saturday?

Personally, Pearl Jam or Daft Punk........ hey, it could happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

McCartney, pretty much a lock in. Basically self-confirmed last year.
    Swift, Highly likely. She ticks so many boxes: Female, solo, hugely popular.
    Fleetwood Mac? Hard to know. They have being trying for years but FM keep d*cking them around asking for crazy money and riders/requirements. But there would certainly be the interest.

Good question though.

Assume McCartney and Swift are locked down for Friday and Sunday, who would be your dream Saturday?

Personally, Pearl Jam or Daft Punk........ hey, it could happen :D

Would McCartney not be perfect for the legends slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Green Day are in the Uk that weekend and currently have no show on the Sunday.. wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

juke wrote: »

No chance would he play the Legends slot ,Paul would be a headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Swift is looking quite likely, playing European festivals next summer, and free the Saturday and Sunday of Glasto weekend.

Fleetwood Mac have no dates announced for next year yet, and Neil Finn/Crowded House are touring in April, so i'd put them as pretty unlikely at the moment.

McCartney doesn't have any dates for next year and one of the Glastonbury bookers has said categorically that he isn't booked. was seemingly in talks to play in 2019 but didn't. Pretty unlikely too imo. Far too big for the legends slot.

Green Day playing the Sunday which would mean 4 nights in a row, very unlikely to happen, and even more so because it's not 2005.

Elton John is active, on a massive farewell tour.

The 1975 are getting pretty massive, headlined Reading/Leeds this year, and have a new album out early next year, and just announced a big arena tour in the months before Glastonbury.

Foals an outside bet if they're stuck and need someone to step up, have already subbed the Pyramid. releasing another album in a few weeks.

Kendrick will probably have a new album out by next summer.

probably a few others to come into the frame in the next few months.

showpony1 wrote: »
    just my luck i'd finally go to Glasto and headliner would be Taylor Swift

far better than plenty of other crap that has headlined in the past

I could see Foals headlining the 2nd stage similiar to Tame Impala this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

juke wrote: »

Nah, he'd be way too big for the legends slot. He'd do Friday or Sunday I'd say. Most likely Friday. Wonder who it would be though. Elton John way too big too. Robbie Williams. lol.

But yeah, I'd forgotten that Greenday are doing that thing with Fallout Boy and Weezer. I'm not sure if they would be big enough for Saturday night Pyramid.

The 1975 headlining The Other Stage or 2nd billing on one of the nights on The Pyramid? Yeah, they'd probably be big enough.

So yeah, giz Daft Punk on The Other Stage on Saturday night :)

On a side note: Gas to see Dave winning The Mercury Prize this week. Won't be playing Sunday afternoon on The Other Stage again I'd say.. Hah

Celine Dion for the legends set?

Anyone ever do the pre-pitched camping at Glasto? what were the prices like

I've done Worthy View a few times 2-man and 4-man tents. they're pretty spacious, loads of room in the 2man ones for gear. probably be about £150 per person for 5 nights this year, maybe a little less the bigger/more people in the tent.

you can see last year's options/prices here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190602170748/https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/tent-types-and-prices/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Still Ill

What happens if two of you group going for tickets manage to get them? Do you lose your deposit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

No, once one of your group uses your number it can't be used again. No chance of you getting two tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Amazed if the 1975 dont headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I've done Worthy View a few times 2-man and 4-man tents. they're pretty spacious, loads of room in the 2man ones for gear. probably be about £150 per person for 5 nights this year, maybe a little less the bigger/more people in the tent.

you can see last year's options/prices here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190602170748/https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/tent-types-and-prices/

Proper hike up there though isn't it

The Nal wrote: »
    Proper hike up there though isn't it
    I didn't find much of an issue with it.
    5 mins from the railway line up to the gate beside Strummerville, then 3 mins from the fence to the top where WV is. Then maybe a few mins to your tent depending on where it is.
    Toilet stop beside Strummerville, or when you reach WV, and it's pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I didn't find much of an issue with it.
    5 mins from the railway line up to the gate beside Strummerville, then 3 mins from the fence to the top where WV is. Then maybe a few mins to your tent depending on where it is.
    Toilet stop beside Strummerville, or when you reach WV, and it's pretty easy.

Yeah was up in Strummerville this year. Views are incredible.

Depends where you spend your time really but WV is a 30 min walk from the Pyramid or Williams Green for example. Maybe more depending on where the tent is in WV. Not really an option just to nip back to the tent for a warmer top or grab a bit of booze or something quickly.

Anyway getting ahead of myself here with tickets on sale in 7 days.

yeah, long way from that side of the site in fairness.
    We found that camping in general campsites we were more likely to hang around at the tent for longer if we went back, sitting down having a couple of cans. Bringing everything needed for the day when leaving WV meant more exploring as there was no temptation to head back. It was definitely tougher in a muddy year like 2016 though, when you were on your feet all day with nowhere to sit. would definitely have appreciated nipping back to the tent then!

good luck in the sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

The more the merrier obviously but its total chance. I didn't even get onto the website from 2011 to 2016 but 2017 and 2018 were as easy as buying tickets for a Richard Blackwood gig. Others couldn't even load the page.
    Cold bucket of water shower really clears up a hangover.

Its necessary if its 32c like last year and you're sweating like Joseph Fritzl on MTV Cribs.

God damn. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Can we just have normal weather next year please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Tickets on sale this Sunday? Or Sunday week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Soulsun wrote: »
    Tickets on sale this Sunday? Or Sunday week?

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL 2020

Tickets for Glastonbury Festival (26th- 28th June 2020, gates open Wednesday 24th June, 2020) will go on sale in early October.

• COACH + TICKET PACKAGES will go on sale at 6pm (BST) on Thursday 3rd October, 2019 at glastonbury.seetickets.com

• GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS will go on sale at 9am (BST) on Sunday 6th October, 2019 at glastonbury.seetickets.com

Tickets will cost £265 + £5 booking fee, of which a £50 deposit per person (plus coach fare if booking a coach package) is payable when booking in October, with the balance payable in the first week of April 2020.

As well as being the first to secure Glastonbury tickets, those travelling to the Festival with a coach + ticket package will have access to an additional benefit for 2020. When accommodation goes on sale later in the autumn for Worthy View (the Festival's official pre-erected campsite) priority booking will be given to coach + ticket package holders.

Advertisement