Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil VIIIage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    What is the sound quality like? Think they said they'll be putting Tempest through its paces (at least for the full game).

Jaheezus, headphones add so much. I missed a lot on my first play last night I ran through the demo, just took 5 minutes but the sounds going on all around you add so much. There's a bit where you see a Vamp lady walking on the stairs. Kept back first time, this time said I'd catch up to her, see what happens. Got right up to her and as I started circling around to see her front, she screams RAH!! Took the absolute shyte out of me, really made me jump and she's starts skitting laughing. Devs well knew what they were doing there.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1352595830604242958?s=19

Any word on psvr compatibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Any word on psvr compatibility?

This is pretty much all we have to go on:

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1352384837059895299?s=20

I didn't know about an RE 7 next gen patch. Just redownloaded it for another playthrough and got a patch this morning but apparently it's just to 'update product information'. Will definitely hold out if the next gen update releases soon.

As for VR, I could only play about 30 minutes of it before getting really bad motion sickness, worst of all the VR games I played. The feeling of heat sweat and sickness on top of the incredibly intense horror of RE 7 in VR was too much for me. Would love to try it without the sickness feel, unreal experience apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Jaheezus, headphones add so much. I missed a lot on my first play last night I ran through the demo, just took 5 minutes but the sounds going on all around you add so much. There's a bit where you see a Vamp lady walking on the stairs. Kept back first time, this time said I'd catch up to her, see what happens. Got right up to her and as I started circling around to see her front, she screams RAH!! Took the absolute shyte out of me, really made me jump and she's starts skitting laughing. Devs well knew what they were doing there.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1352595830604242958?s=19

That's what I like to..... hear. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played the demo there and it did the job any good demo should do: really makes me want to play the full thing :)

I preface this with the caveat I only recently got a good HDR TV so still new to the tech... but god the lighting in this is *incredible*. The way the dark spaces and bright light sources contrast and play off each other genuinely made my eyes squint when encountering a lamp or torch! Stellar texture work and models, and lots of incredible detail. It advertises itself as a visual showcase, and gotta say it delivers on that front. The RE Engine really is a little bit of a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

watched a streamer play the demo earlier, looked decent enough, I know it was just a demo but the ending was dumb. Only one way to go, of course that's a trap ... d'uh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

What ye guys prefer RE7 or RE2/3 Remakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    1st: RE2 Remake.
    2nd: RE7.
    3rd: RE3 Remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Does the RE8 Demo offer a benefit for playing it, like with RE7's demo that gave you a coin?

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Does the RE8 Demo offer a benefit for playing it, like with RE7's demo that gave you a coin?

You can get a bone necklace but no one seems to know what it does...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

BeerWolf wrote: »

There's apparently an all platform demo coming later. Whereas this one seems to be referred to a 'visual showcase'... But my money would be on the necklace unlocking... Something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Minime2.5 wrote: »

IMO 7 is the best, if played in VR. If played in standard crappy reality its about as good as the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Really good demo. Sound was unreal using the pulse 3d headset and virtual surround setting in audio options. Creepy as hell in the dungeon

I thought the graphics in the initial dungeon were not great, the stone walls etc were very blocky. Didn't really look any better than RE7. As you push on it starts to look way better - there's one candle-lit stairway where the lighting looks amazing. Then you get into the house proper with all the gilding everywhere - it looks very impressive.

None of the streams or youtube videos will do it justice, they all look pretty washed out, nothing like how it actually looks (on a HDR TV).

One of the voice actors for the game has sadly passed away following a battle with colon cancer. Jeanette Maus was only 39 - IGN

One of the voice actors for the game has sadly passed away following a battle with colon cancer. Jeanette Maus was only 39 - IGN

Ah ****, I wonder if she voiced the witch you meet in the demo, can't find the credits for it.

**** cancer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

She's the blondie witch with the necklace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The contrast between this delightful, kind message from the developer and the fact that it’s all about an evil giant vampire lady is deeply amusing and charming.

https://twitter.com/re_games/status/1356391885816823808?s=21

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reddit "artists" need to know so they can get the scale correct for their highly (and i mean highly!) detailed scenes :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kiith wrote: »
    Reddit "artists" need to know so they can get the scale correct for their highly (and i mean highly!) detailed scenes :P

I had to unfollow the RE subreddit due to everyone pulling the plums off themselves over drawings and cosplay of her. Christ I don't even want to play the game now.

And of course, a life-sized Lady D is being used for instore promotion.

548562.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Penn wrote: »
    I had to unfollow the RE subreddit due to everyone pulling the plums off themselves over drawings and cosplay of her. Christ I don't even want to play the game now.

Replace 'RE' with just about any game featuring female characters and that's reddit gaming in a nutshell. Always found reddit game subs to be some of the most nauseatingly immature forums online.

I couldn't remember whether or not Capcom had confirmed that the game would be coming to last gen, but they must have.... IGN have footage of it running on the PS4 Pro;

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

They'd talked about a demo for all platforms coming out, anyone seen anything about when this would be, given we're just over a month to go before launch?

Star Lord wrote: »
    They'd talked about a demo for all platforms coming out, anyone seen anything about when this would be, given we're just over a month to go before launch?

Haven't heard anything since January, when the original demo came out.

There's another Resi showcase scheduled for the 15th of this month. It'll include a new trailer for Village, although I think I'll now avoid watching anything new personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

There's another Resi showcase scheduled for the 15th of this month. It'll include a new trailer for Village, although I think I'll now avoid watching anything new personally.

I'd say there's a decent chance of the 2nd demo released after this, going by previous form

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I'd say there's a decent chance of the 2nd demo released after this, going by previous form

MP1st (never heard of them before now) are claiming it's ready to rock'n'roll, alright.

• Advertisement

Another titbit from Dust Golem. Not a story spoiler, but I'll hide it just in case some of you want everything to be a surprise.
    There's allegedly going to be an unlockable ultra hard mode with randomised weapons/enemies etc.

Advertisement