Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Building Own Drone - Component Selection

• 08-06-2020 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking to build my own drone and I need someone to help me with my component selection. I want to have a possibility to expand into a POV and to have a possibility to add different gadgets in the future. But this is going to be a beginning. I already had a cheap 50 euro drone but I am looking to build my own, something that has a bit more flight time.

I have selected a pretty standard F330 frame. My main questions are the speed controllers, flight controller, receiver, transmitter and a power distribution board.

Based on my own research I have selected the following ocmponents:

Speed Controllers: Turnigy Multistar BLheli_32 ARM 21A 2g Race Spec ESC 2~4S (OPTO)

Flight Controller: Openpilot CC3D EVO Flight Controller

Receiver: Turnigy iA6 Receiver 6CH 2.4G AFHDS 2A Receiver

PDB: HobbyKing™ Micro BEC 5V/1A (going to replace a PDB with this tiny lad.

Transmitter: No idea. Any suggestions?

I want to know if you guys think this would be a good set up. It is going to be my first drone ever made. If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Old thread but Curious how you got on?

Expecting frame, F550/ZD550 and components for my first build in the next few days.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Advertisement