Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weekends Boxing 14/8 (Eric Donovan v Zelfa Barrett + Frampton/Conlan BT Card)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

walshb wrote: »
    Well, matchroom are full a hyped up sh1te, Big...

The way Hearn was waffle last night you’d swear Barrett was the next Roberto fooking Duran!!

Well that's true, however Eddie will have the last laugh with him selling decent crowds in the Manchester Arena once Covid issues are solved.
    Regardless of ability he'll probably manoeuver him into winning a World title at some point too.....if he did it for Crolla !

I should have twigged on the Shamrocks/Irish music.
    They're really pushing the Irish angle in the states for this card. Even Sharpe had red Shamrocks on his gloves.
    So I'm guessing Ofori probably has no Irish link despite the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What MC weigh in at?

His expecting to campaign at 122 tells me his team have no real confidence at 126 or higher..

122 for MC now, who is 29 in a few months will be a real tough ask to make..

Ok, MC 126 on the scales...and ripped to shreds looking at the pics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

What MC weigh in at?

His expecting to campaign at 122 tells me his team have no real confidence at 126 or higher..

122 for MC now, who is 29 in a few months will be a real tough ask to make..

Ok, MC 126 on the scales...and ripped to shreds looking at the pics

I suppose the big question is how much water did he have to lose to weigh in at that.
    If not a huge amount 122 lbs should be fine.
    But if he had anything close to his normal cut, 122 lbs is going to be a huge ask, he looks extremely lean at the moment !

This French lad is dire!

Big Ears wrote: »
    I suppose the big question is how much water did he have to lose to weigh in at that.
    If not a huge amount 122 lbs should be fine.
    But if he had anything close to his normal cut, 122 lbs is going to be a huge ask, he looks extremely lean at the moment !

Looks big in the ring tonight..same height as French guy, but looks a weight bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

How has a point not been taken from Conlan yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Looks big in the ring tonight..same height as French guy, but looks a weight bigger!

He's big for featherweight without doubt but punches like a bantam. Warrington blew this guy out in 2

He's big for featherweight without doubt but punches like a bantam. Warrington blew this guy out in 2

He does look big here..

The 122 talk...his battle may be harder just making that weight..

This French lad has next to nothing to offer..

Fed up to the tits with these MC mismatches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Good round from Conlan there.

Conlan doing a Golota here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Is Conlan trying to get DQ?!

Conlan doing a Golota here

Ha...

Nobody is that bad. I just think his accuracy a bit off...

No real malice..just a bit wild...

Making a serious meal ouha this lad..

Ha...

Nobody is that bad. I just think his accuracy a bit off...

No real malice..just a bit wild...

Making a serious meal ouha this lad..

I mean with the low blows

I mean with the low blows

What?

You have lost me...

I said nobody is that bad, as in, as bad as Golota for low blows..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Some time soon someone will tag Conlon and iron him out.

Here is the problem..

Nobody will ask why it took MC so long to take out a clearly inferior opponent.

I’d like to be positive...but......

Here goes. Good stamina, good body work....

But against a complete non threat...

Misses too much shots and cannot close the show....

If we are taking about world level and world beating, these are the questions that need asking...

He’s well into his career...this is him. Today, tomorrow and going forward..

Did any pundit even mention how clearly weak the foe was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Some time soon someone will tag Conlon and iron him out.

Odd comment...any boxer is likely to be ‘tagged and ironed out’...his record and performances to date prove this isn’t likely to happen any time soon, what is it exactly you know?

Odd comment...any boxer is likely to be ‘tagged and ironed out’...his record and performances to date prove this isn’t likely to happen any time soon, what is it exactly you know?

Have you seen who he has been matched with?

You’re right. If he keeps being matched the way he is he’ll go to 1000-0...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭megadodge

Easy now, don't you know it's Saturday night and the self-loathing crowd are well oiled and.... they just can't help themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Angelo Leo at 122 is a very winnable fight for Mick. Aggressive come forward fighter who can easily be outboxed. Think Mick has shown he has a gas tank and he'll have the size at 122 to win that one. Won't be easy mind.

• Advertisement

What a terrible intro ��������

Morrison J wrote: »
    Angelo Leo at 122 is a very winnable fight for Mick. Aggressive come forward fighter who can easily be outboxed. Think Mick has shown he has a gas tank and he'll have the size at 122 to win that one. Won't be easy mind.

Conlan be massive at 122 with hydration. 132-135 in the ring.

Rawling said MC said he can make 122 “easily..“

So, why is he 126 and rippped to shreds?

What are your views on the fight tonight?

Have you seen who he has been matched with?

You’re right. If he keeps being matched the way he is he’ll go to 1000-0...

Yes, I have. Who would you say was totally mismatched who he fought? Give us a good few, as he seems to have accomplished very little.

Yes, I have. Who would you say was totally mismatched who he fought? Give us a good few, as he seems to have accomplished very little.

What?

What?

What what? Who has conlon fought to date that has been a poor opponent??? Your post was pretty obvious in suggestion.

Was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭squinn2912

megadodge wrote: »
    Easy now, don't you know it's Saturday night and the self-loathing crowd are well oiled and.... they just can't help themselves.

Ha! Wise up.

I think he leaves himself pretty open and when he does fight at world level he won’t cope.

What what? Who has conlon fought to date that has been a poor opponent??? Your post was pretty obvious in suggestion.

Was it not?

Have you heard of boxrec?

Actually, forget that. Have you watched the opponents?

No disrespect, but are you on a windup?

MC is 3.5 years in now and has fought nobody...very carefully managed..

Not saying he should have been fighting top rated lads from day 1, but to date, not a single opponent r t you could call quality, or even close to it..Yes, pretty weak opposition..the lad tonight was dire...record or not. Old, stale and smaller man who lasted two rds with Josh Warrington..

What’s craic with this fight..?

Carl looks very pedestrian..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Frampton looks like he has lead in his boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just as I say that...

Advertisement