Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grapic novels with lots of reading

• 03-05-2020 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I recently bought Farscape Vol 1 omnibus.

Pros: It's big. And most of the stories are readable.
    Cons: Arwork could be be better in places. I don't have any more graphic novels to read.

Can I get some recommendations for futher reading? Preferably big books with plently of reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

The compendium editions of The Walking Dead, Saga, and Invincible from Image have a lot of reading in them for the price. All great stories too. They're not as nice as the hardcover deluxe editions (which I would also recommend if you're willing to spend a bit more), but you can't beat the value for the amount of reading material you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Saga vol.5 and Maus are my favourite ones. You can try any good manga. I love the romantic ones.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Smiles35 wrote: »
    I recently bought Farscape Vol 1 omnibus.

Pros: It's big. And most of the stories are readable.
    Cons: Arwork could be be better in places. I don't have any more graphic novels to read.

Can I get some recommendations for futher reading? Preferably big books with plently of reading.

Lots of publishers do over-size collections which tend to have a high page count as well as larger page sizes. As to recommendations, it really depends on what sort of stories you like.

Absent any specifics, I will throw in my perennial favourites:
    Absolute Sandman volumes 1-4 - Neil Gaiman's fabulous original Sandman run, with oversize pages and a modernised recolouring. A fantastic story, not to mention loads of backmatter stuff if you're interested. Personally I'd skip on Volume 5 and the Overture Absolutes, but it's up to you.

The Complete Calvin & Hobbes - I'm an absolute sucker for Calvin & Hobbes, it remains one of my favourite comics and this collection of the whole strip is fantastic.

Love & Rockets - The Love & Rockets Omnibus editions have a hefty amount of reading to them. Personally I seem to enjoy Gilbert and Beto's stories more so than Jaime's but take a look and decide for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

From Hell by Alan Moore. It presents well-thought-out, well-researched and interesting ideas about the identity and motives of Jack the Ripper. It's also a very strong story and has fantastical elements as I recall. The art is simple but good and very apt.
    A lot of Alan Moore's stuff is pretty dense, has a lot of reading, and it's usually very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Y The last man.

I think there's 5 volumes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement