Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to watch Fury vs Wilder 2 without Sky?

• 17-02-2020 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

It appears that the only simple way to watch the Fury vs Wilder 2 fight in Ireland is if you have a Sky Box. I have an Eir vision box. Any ideas how to watch the fight?

There's a lot of annoying articles saying it's easy to watch the fight from anywhere with a VPN but that's not the case. A VPN will get you around the geo-blocking of IP addresses but sites like DAZN in America (or some EU countries) and Main Event in Australia won't accept card details which are linked to Ireland.

I'm thinking of getting a Monese account. Would that appear as a UK registered debit card? If it does I could (with a VPN) stream the fight on BT Sport Box Office. Anyone with experience of Monese? Would I be able to make payments as soon as I set up or would I have to wait for the debit card to physically arrive?

Justin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭skallywag

There is no legal way to watch it in Ireland without ordering it via BT Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

skallywag wrote: »
    There is no legal way to watch it in Ireland without ordering it via BT Sports.

Can it be ordered off BT sport for online streaming without a BT Sport subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭skallywag

I am not sure about this, but, if it works the same as PPV on Sky Sports, then you should be able to order it without having BT Sports. Not sure about the streaming though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Justin Flannery

US2 wrote: »
    Can it be ordered off BT sport for online streaming without a BT Sport subscription?

It can be but not for Irish residents for some reason. That's why I'm trying to look into having UK based payment details so I could order it and with a VPN, stream it online on BT Sport Box Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Hi,

It appears that the only simple way to watch the Fury vs Wilder 2 fight in Ireland is if you have a Sky Box. I have an Eir vision box. Any ideas how to watch the fight?

There's a lot of annoying articles saying it's easy to watch the fight from anywhere with a VPN but that's not the case. A VPN will get you around the geo-blocking of IP addresses but sites like DAZN in America (or some EU countries) and Main Event in Australia won't accept card details which are linked to Ireland.

I'm thinking of getting a Monese account. Would that appear as a UK registered debit card? If it does I could (with a VPN) stream the fight on BT Sport Box Office. Anyone with experience of Monese? Would I be able to make payments as soon as I set up or would I have to wait for the debit card to physically arrive?

Justin

I wouldn't go through the hassle of all this, getting a quality stream for free on the night will be ridiculously easy. I've never not been able to get a quality stream for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This available on Vodafone tv?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Butson

As far as I can see, unless you are a Sky customer, there is no way to legally watch this fight in Ireland.

Ridiculous.

IPTV it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Butson wrote: »
    As far as I can see, unless you are a Sky customer, there is no way to legally watch this fight in Ireland.

Ridiculous.

IPTV it is.

I’ve never subscribed to an IPTV could you recommend a reliable one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

It's against forum rules to be going into details about streams, however I would agree with the above that you'll probably be able to find one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportekz.com/boxing/fury-vs-wilder-2-rematch-tv-broadcasters/

That's a link to the various International broadcasters. Obviously enough a VPN would likely be enough to give access to any free to air channels. Supersport is probably the only one which broadcasts in English if you're looking for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

I wouldn't go through the hassle of all this, getting a quality stream for free on the night will be ridiculously easy. I've never not been able to get a quality stream for free.

I seriously doubt it.

You can get streams that start fine, but begin to pause just at the wrong time, then when it gets close to the main event they get less and less reliable.

Fork out. Streams just aren't worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

megadodge wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it.

You can get streams that start fine, but begin to pause just at the wrong time, then when it gets close to the main event they get less and less reliable.

Wish it was possible. Not available on Vodafone. Will watch it Sunday morning.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

megadodge wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it.

Never had an issue with any fights I wanted to see previously, any other fight I was able to get multiple streams so if one failed id have other options,

I'm only interested in the main event anyway, not worth forking out all that money for one fight.

No legal way for me to fork out anyway, even if I wanted too.

It’s incredible really, another big event with no way to actually legally pay for it. I don’t care about the cost.
    I’d prefer to just pay than deal with dodgy, unreliable streams.

It’s incredible really, another big event with no way to actually legally pay for it. I don’t care about the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So would I. Its ridiculous we can't get this legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paulnew

I’m looking to buy this fight in.

I Use iptv all the time but not taking the chance tonight.

Going to see if I can download the BT sports app on my amazon fire stick and but the fight that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Stewball

Has everyone been charged for this?
    I purchased through Sky box office, but I haven't been charged and it's not appearing on my Sky bill or future bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,547 ✭✭✭✭walshb

STFU...:P

Advertisement