Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOSE QuietComfort QC35 II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I see the QC 25s are right down to €159 on Amazon.es is the only difference between these and the QC 35s the fact that they are wired rather than wireless?

https://www.amazon.es/Bose-QuietComfort-25-Auriculares-cancelaci%C3%B3n/dp/B00M1NEUKK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1550744662&sr=8-6&keywords=bose+quiet+comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

jiltloop wrote: »
    I see the QC 25s are right down to €159 on Amazon.es is the only difference between these and the QC 35s the fact that they are wired rather than wireless?

https://www.amazon.es/Bose-QuietComfort-25-Auriculares-cancelaci%C3%B3n/dp/B00M1NEUKK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1550744662&sr=8-6&keywords=bose+quiet+comfort

That and they use regular batteries I believe rather than an built in one. You can get a wireless adapter for these if that was a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I don't think those differences would bother me too much at that price. Very tempted!

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

25s take 1 AAA battery.

The biggest annoyance is you have no idea how much battery life is left, and if it runs out when you're out and about it can be frustrating as the sound quality drops a good bit without power.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Anyone any thoughts on these Vs the Sony 1000's , particularly for flights?

What I've read is that the Sony's are better for sound, but the Bose are better for ANC. I think most of my use on flights will be movies/shows/podcasts and so the Bose might be better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

spockety wrote: »

What I've read is that the Sony's are better for sound, but the Bose are better for ANC. I think most of my use on flights will be movies/shows/podcasts and so the Bose might be better?

You need to try them on. I found the Bose more comfortable. It's down to personal preference.

That feeling of shutting out your fellow passengers is priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

spockety wrote: »

I've used both extensively for all activities. I had the Bose Qc35 for two years and then got the Sonys in January. However, I just sent the Sonys back after a month and have gone back to my Bose. The Sonys do have a more 'lively' sound and the Bose could be described as a little more flat. But the difference isnt a huge deal for me as comfort and noise cancelling are the two biggest priorities.

The noise cancelling on the Sonys is better but when you have music at a normal volume the differences are negligible.

In terms of comfort there is no contest for me. Obviously it depends on the shape of your head and ears but for me the Bose are in a different league. Spacious ear cups and you barely feel them on your head. The Sonys are noticeably heavier and the earcups a lot more shallow. They also have a bigger 'footprint' for people with bigger heads and possibly wouldn't work too well when trying to sleep on a flight. I definitely got a pain on my crown after a few hours and my ears get sweaty.

A couple of other things I didn't like about the Sonys: touch controls and the call quality. I hated the touch controls. Rarely worked as I wanted. Notciebale problems in the cold too. Give me physical buttons any day! The call quality on the Sonys is very poor. It opens up the microphones and you can barely hear the person you are calling. The Bose on the other hand is like having a conversation in a room with just that person. Work so well. Probably something Sony could fix with a software update.

The battery life on the Bose is 20 hours and the Sonys 30. However I found myself charging for the Sonys much more frequently. That is because they don't have as clever an auto shut off feature as the Bose. The Bose turn off after a set period when there is no music playing. The Sonys turn off when the Bluetooth is disconnected. I usually forgot to do that so I'd find they would be on all day. Again this is a feature some might like as they just want to wear them to block out sound in the office.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

jiltloop wrote:

These say Apple version? Does that really make a difference? As it looks like 3.5mm cord in picture, would be using on android devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Just in case if anyone is looking for Sony one:

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/product/wh-1000xm3%20headphones?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=wh-1000xm3%20headphones

Good price and you can get further 3% discount with TECH3 code, I think valid till Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Just in case if anyone is looking for Sony one:

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/product/wh-1000xm3%20headphones?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=wh-1000xm3%20headphones

Good price and you can get further 3% discount with TECH3 code, I think valid till Sunday.

A mate of mine got these in a Black Friday deal last year. They are lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

LazerShark wrote: »
    A mate of mine got these in a Black Friday deal last year. They are lovely.

I got a pair of these last year. It was a toss up between these or the Bose. The gesture control swung it for me for the Sonys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

awec wrote: »
    25s take 1 AAA battery.

The biggest annoyance is you have no idea how much battery life is left, and if it runs out when you're out and about it can be frustrating as the sound quality drops a good bit without power.

The light changes when there is around 20% left in the battery. It flashes instead of solid if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

270 on e-global, would you recommend from here?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/a8ilopnrzbq90zo1tkqe-en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

€259 currently on amazon.es. Would be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

redscan wrote: »
    I've used both extensively for all activities. I had the Bose Qc35 for two years and then got the Sonys in January. However, I just sent the Sonys back after a month and have gone back to my Bose. The Sonys do have a more 'lively' sound and the Bose could be described as a little more flat. But the difference isnt a huge deal for me as comfort and noise cancelling are the two biggest priorities.

The noise cancelling on the Sonys is better but when you have music at a normal volume the differences are negligible.

In terms of comfort there is no contest for me. Obviously it depends on the shape of your head and ears but for me the Bose are in a different league. Spacious ear cups and you barely feel them on your head. The Sonys are noticeably heavier and the earcups a lot more shallow. They also have a bigger 'footprint' for people with bigger heads and possibly wouldn't work too well when trying to sleep on a flight. I definitely got a pain on my crown after a few hours and my ears get sweaty.

A couple of other things I didn't like about the Sonys: touch controls and the call quality. I hated the touch controls. Rarely worked as I wanted. Notciebale problems in the cold too. Give me physical buttons any day! The call quality on the Sonys is very poor. It opens up the microphones and you can barely hear the person you are calling. The Bose on the other hand is like having a conversation in a room with just that person. Work so well. Probably something Sony could fix with a software update.

The battery life on the Bose is 20 hours and the Sonys 30. However I found myself charging for the Sonys much more frequently. That is because they don't have as clever an auto shut off feature as the Bose. The Bose turn off after a set period when there is no music playing. The Sonys turn off when the Bluetooth is disconnected. I usually forgot to do that so I'd find they would be on all day. Again this is a feature some might like as they just want to wear them to block out sound in the office.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

Been weighing up both options the last while. I was set on the Sonys but had been leaning towards the Bose the more I read. Think you've just convinced me, thanks for the comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I've got these over a year ago now as a result of a previous thread on BA about them. Might be worth syncing the 2 threads as there was a good bit of info on the old one.

Well I was on plane again recently, and you can realise how seriously good they are when you try on the sh1tty set they give you on the aircraft.

I made schoolboy error though and hadn't charged them. But aircraft had charge point. About 10 minutes got me up to 70% . Still managed to drain them from there and had to recharge before I landed. Was the first time ever cause normally you would still have 90% after a long flight.

I also have gotten the Bose airplane adaptor. It was about 3quid delivered by courier direct from Bose website. Well worth it.

But you need to get a Bluetooth adaptor. I picked one up tao tropics one on Amazon for about 20 bucks. Now you have wireless noise cancelling headphones and can walk around the plane in peace listening to whatever you were tuned into on your seat.

Actually now I think of it. I must have left my cans turned on after flight over. They were in on position when I was coming home. But the weird thing was my tao tronics needed to be repaired....... First time ever I was required to do that. And last time I used them with the Bluetooth adaptor was months ago. So it drained battery on me. But didn't loose pairing with other devices. ...... Kinda weird esp as poster above says they autopower off.

Oh and the Bluetooth adaptor is great for watching TV if your tele doesn't have Bluetooth.

sounds great, can you post a link to the bluetooth adaptor?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0773YKX38/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is the one i got
    there are loads of options
    this one is nice and small, about an inch square and half a cm thick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

shrewdness wrote: »
    Been weighing up both options the last while. I was set on the Sonys but had been leaning towards the Bose the more I read. Think you've just convinced me, thanks for the comparison.

I have the Sony one, dont use it for calls, just use it as a headphone. They are wonderful. Obviously its a personal choice but at the moment they are rated higher for noise cancelling.

If I order these from Amazon.es is there anything I need to watch out for? Was going to order this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

No, not really. I got mine in 2 days. Unfortunately they ended up being faulty and I had to send them back. Amazon.es were great to deal with though, can't fault them at all.
    zweton wrote: »
    If I order these from Amazon.es is there anything I need to watch out for? Was going to order this evening.

i got a pair of sundsport wireless last year on adverts, brand new in the wrapper

after a while, the mic stopped working on calls

stopped into a bose shop while on holidays, and they tested, but could only confirm they were faulty as i had no receipt could do no more. told me to go on their website to get sorted.

when home, i went on bose website, a bit of a chat explaining issue, and then they emailed me a shipping label, dhl collected the headphones, and i had a brand new set within a week.... now thats service

just purchased the bose from amazon.es, very excited!:D have wanted these for some time. How long do they take to charge out of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

just purchased the bose from amazon.es, very excited!:D have wanted these for some time. How long do they take to charge out of the box?

Mine came out of box 70% charged

mun1 wrote: »
    Mine came out of box 70% charged

cheers mun, how long for a full charge roughly from 0%

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

cheers mun, how long for a full charge roughly from 0%

Not sure as i usually charge overnight , if needed. Charge last for ages , easily the official 20hrs

dosn't take long at all to charge, probably get 90% within the hour anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Seve OB wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0773YKX38/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is the one i got
    there are loads of options
    this one is nice and small, about an inch square and half a cm thick

Have you noticed any issues with lip sync?
    I am using one of these on LG tv and cannot get the sync aligned using audio options on tv.. tried different sound bars without success. Works very well otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Picking mine up tomorrow for €207. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

torrevieja wrote: »
    Picking mine up tomorrow for €207. :)

Where?

Advertisement