Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nexus 5x £169 Carphone Warehouse UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

This is a good price for the 16GB, the same phone is €260 in Argos, £169 sterling works out at just over €200. Deal only available till midnight

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/lg/nexus-5x.html?#!colour=iceblue&capacity=16GB&dealType=sf

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_nexus_5x-7556.php

I tried ordering from Carphonewarehouse and using parcel motel. The order went through but they later cancelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Mad Benny wrote:
    I tried ordering from Carphonewarehouse and using parcel motel. The order went through but they later cancelled it.

Did they cancel because you're not a UK resident?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

I tried to order also but got a cancellation.

I think the issue is that on the webpage the address you populate counts for billing and shipping address.

I tried to buy using Revolut and using Parcel Motel. This fails as the Parcel Motel (N Ireland) address will not match you Revolut address.

There is not an option to delivery outside of the UK.

Shame its a great offer

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gomango

I think the issue is that on the webpage the address you populate counts for billing and shipping address.

I tried to buy using Revolut and using Parcel Motel. This fails as the Parcel Motel (N Ireland) address will not match you Revolut address.

Shame its a great offer

I ordered Tuesday using parcel motel billing and shipping, got cancellation email yesterday.

Reordered again yesterday using home address given on my revolut card and postcode bt36 4pe. Then used parcel motel delivery address, just got an email to say order shipped.

Thanks Op, For some silly reason i was not seeing change dcelivery address. Fingers crossed third time lucky!

• Advertisement

Gomango wrote: »

Shame its a great offer

I ordered Tuesday using parcel motel billing and shipping, got cancellation email yesterday.

Reordered again yesterday using home address given on my revolut card and postcode bt36 4pe. Then used parcel motel delivery address, just got an email to say order shipped.
    Just tried the same there but unfortunately it didn't work.

Glad you got the phone shipped though.

on sale in Argos for 359 so will just pick it up there.

Gomango wrote: »

Shame its a great offer

Just tried the same there but unfortunately it didn't work.

Glad you got the phone shipped though.

on sale in Argos for 259 so will just pick it up there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The deal is back on

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/lg/nexus-5x.html?#!colour=iceblue&capacity=16GB&dealType=sf

But doesn't take a memory card which is a show stopper
    £60 to get 16GB extra storage vs. £25 for 128GB micro SD card.

Ugly hack is to use OTG
    http://www.androidauthority.com/nexuses-can-have-microsd-cards-after-all-with-a-little-effort-670204/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭blobert

Trying to order, but while it lists option for free next day delivery it keeps reverting to click and collect only...

Has anyone else managed to order this recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gomango

The only thing I can think of I did differently is, i was in contact with their customer support querying why my order was cancelled. They asked to order again saying they would keep me updated on the status of my order. Maybe they pushed it through. Because I verified details with them.

Maybe try this

• Advertisement

Yeah i tried the customer service route but to no avail. Went and bought it in Argos over the weekend. Slick device happy with it even at 259

Advertisement