Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TDK headphones on groupon. Any good?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Sorry if it's the wrong forum. Some TDK ST750 headphones on groupon for €60 (down from €180)

Just wondering what the opinion on these is? Anyone have them? Had Marshall majors before and while they were great sounding in my opinion, they were too small and flimsy

What's the verdict boardsie's? :)

Thanks!

groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-1275-11170/39187212

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Sorry if it's the wrong forum. Some TDK ST750 headphones on groupon for €60 (down from €180)

Just wondering what the opinion on these is? Anyone have them? Had Marshall majors before and while they were great sounding in my opinion, they were too small and flimsy

What's the verdict boardsie's? :)

Thanks!

groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-1275-11170/39187212
    This st750. Reviews seem pretty good. Available on Amazon UK with free delivery for 49.99. I would buy Amazon any and every day. All in all not a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

as a general rule I avoid most electronics on groupbuying sites bar ibood. TDK wouldn't be a renowned brand and 180 sounds suspiciously high. check out Logitech UE, Senn heiser, AKG etc. The guys in audio forum are helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pmulv

Amazon have Sennheiser HD 202 Closed Back Over-Ear Stereo Headphone for GBP 16.99 that look like a deal....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TDK-ST750-Fidelity-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B008X5MO6W

= €180 is a fantasyland price nobody pays. I'd also recommend Sennheiser instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Thanks! €180 is high and I'm well aware of the cheap Chinese dirt that's sold on these deal sites! I never believe the RRP's of those sites

TDK are respectable enough but never had them. Seem good on amazon so thanks for the amazon link. Might sleep on it and definitely buy from there if I do

I'll check with the lads over on audio but sennheiser hd205 are going cheap these days, are these TDK ones any better or worse? Just want a good decent quality set of cans :)

I'm not in the market for monsters right now lol

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The AKG 450 is very well rated and around the 60 mark from amazon/richer sounds. They win headphone awards on what hifi a few years ago at much higher price. Afaik TDK only entered the speaker/'phones marker in recent years.

Advertisement