Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newtownmountkennedy

• 29-10-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what newtown mt kennedy is like to live. Thinking of putting an offer in on a house in seasons park. Any replies are welcomed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jeannedelbarre

Hi Weezer, did you end up moving to newtown mount Kennedy? How are you finding it? We're thinking about moving there too. Thanks for your insight. Jan
    Weezer84 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what newtown mt kennedy is like to live. Thinking of putting an offer in on a house in seasons park. Any replies are welcomed.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Weezer84

Hi,

Yeah ending up buying in Newtown. Living here since February 2014. We bought in season park and have to say its a lovely estate. Very quiet and friendly. Newtown in general is quite and haven't seen any bother since being down here.

If you are commuting to Dublin for work it the N11 can be a bit of a nightmare at rush hour.

Hi Weezer, did you end up moving to newtown mount Kennedy? How are you finding it? We're thinking about moving there too. Thanks for your insight. Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jeannedelbarre

Thanks, have you got any children? Any feedback on schools?

I see the prices being much cheaper than other areas for houses. So I was wondering if there was something suspicious.

I'll be commuting to Dublin two days a week. To arrive in Ballsbridge at 8am and leaving at 7pm. Do you think this would avoid traffic?
    Do you know anyone using the Greystones Dart? Is there parking near the station?

Thanks again for your feedback

I don't know anyone using the dart. There are two dart park and ride car parks in greystones, One pretty much at either end of the main street.

I don't have any kids so not up on the schools. Talking to a few of the neighbours I think most kids go out of newtown. I think there is only one primary school in Newtown.

There is one estate which has been described as "dodgy" but again never ventured up there and again ive drank in the local pub the newtown inn and its grand. Nice spot.

If you are leaving at seven you would be fine on the m11, its usually 7.30 onwards it gets bad. Loads of nice walks in Newtown and druids glen is only 5 mins away. Greystones has a lidl and a aldi. Again 5 mins in the car.

Im not from around here originally so was a bit sceptical moving down but I love it down here and would recommend it too anybody.

Thanks, have you got any children? Any feedback on schools?

I see the prices being much cheaper than other areas for houses. So I was wondering if there was something suspicious.

I'll be commuting to Dublin two days a week. To arrive in Ballsbridge at 8am and leaving at 7pm. Do you think this would avoid traffic?
    Do you know anyone using the Greystones Dart? Is there parking near the station?

Thanks again for your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bunk_mcnulty

I don't know anyone using the dart. There are two dart park and ride car parks in greystones, One pretty much at either end of the main street.

I don't have any kids so not up on the schools. Talking to a few of the neighbours I think most kids go out of newtown. I think there is only one primary school in Newtown.

There is one estate which has been described as "dodgy" but again never ventured up there and again ive drank in the local pub the newtown inn and its grand. Nice spot.

If you are leaving at seven you would be fine on the m11, its usually 7.30 onwards it gets bad. Loads of nice walks in Newtown and druids glen is only 5 mins away. Greystones has a lidl and a aldi. Again 5 mins in the car.

Im not from around here originally so was a bit sceptical moving down but I love it down here and would recommend it too anybody.

Does anyone know how long roughly it would take to get to Greystones Dart station or Shankhill dart station?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

Does anyone know how long roughly it would take to get to Greystones Dart station or Shankhill dart station?

Cheers

from newtown to greystones station would be 10 mins or so without any traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Hey guys, just wondering how has your feedback been on newtownmountkennedy. I see there's a dunnes which is handy. Wife and I are looking at a few places in wickow to move and this seems quite nice. Any particular area/estate which is "dodgy"?

Hey guys, just wondering how has your feedback been on newtownmountkennedy. I see there's a dunnes which is handy. Wife and I are looking at a few places in wickow to move and this seems quite nice. Any particular area/estate which is "dodgy"?
    We moved here back in 2014. Didn't really know much about the place. Great place to live. Plenty of walks. Not far from anywhere. The so called dodgy estates not that bad, few characters walking about but no more than anywhere else. Alot of new developments being built. The N11 is a nightmare in the mornings. It has been fine the last few months with everything that has been going on. Takes me 20mins to drive to Sandyford at the moment. Normal day anywhere from 45mins to an hour. Haven't used the bus that much the 133 is the bus to get to city centre. I have heard it is not that reliable. I have only used it at weekends and it was fine. Any questions just ask.

We moved here back in 2014. Didn't really know much about the place. Great place to live. Plenty of walks. Not far from anywhere. The so called dodgy estates not that bad, few characters walking about but no more than anywhere else. Alot of new developments being built. The N11 is a nightmare in the mornings. It has been fine the last few months with everything that has been going on. Takes me 20mins to drive to Sandyford at the moment. Normal day anywhere from 45mins to an hour. Haven't used the bus that much the 133 is the bus to get to city centre. I have heard it is not that reliable. I have only used it at weekends and it was fine. Any questions just ask.

Thanks for your reply. We are looking at the Wicklow hills estate new builds. Would you recommend moving there?

Thanks for your reply. We are looking at the Wicklow hills estate new builds. Would you recommend moving there?

Never really up that way. Looks nice. Close to the schools. Haven't heard any bad things about it. Looks like they will be building a lot more houses there. Heard they where building a new road to bypass the village to get to the N11 from Wicklow hills. Don't know how true that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Hi, I have lived in Wicklow Hills for the last 4 years. It's a really nice estate, houses are well built and everything is on your doorstep. Schools, Pub, Dunnes etc. It's defo worth the look especially if you work south of Dublin the commute isn't that bad if you time it right.

Awesome! Good to know from people who actually live in that area :) Is there anything you don't like about the place? Broadband, amenities etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Awesome! Good to know from people who actually live in that area :) Is there anything you don't like about the place? Broadband, amenities etc?

I can't fault it to be honest. Everything is really handy and we have a large group of friends that live in Newtown. There is fiber to the door in Wicklow Hills and we have everything you need as regards to amenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

We looked at Newtown when buying 2~ years ago, the only things that it had going against it really was:

1. No walkable access to the sea.
    2. No direct Dublin bus into the city centre. (I know there's BusEireann, and maybe others).

I can't fault it to be honest. Everything is really handy and we have a large group of friends that live in Newtown. There is fiber to the door in Wicklow Hills and we have everything you need as regards to amenities.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback :)
    We looked at Newtown when buying 2~ years ago, the only things that it had going against it really was:

1. No walkable access to the sea.
    2. No direct Dublin bus into the city centre. (I know there's BusEireann, and maybe others).

Yeah thats a bit of a bummer. I guess we could look at driving/cycling up to the beach. Bus Eireann is a 1 hour service. Not ideal i know.

Advertisement