Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rules - Read BEFORE posting - NO SELLING - NO Personal Details

• 14-08-2006 6:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Traditional Forum!

Feel free to discuss all that is traditional in the music world be it Trad, Folk or Acoustic.

Normal Boards.ie rules apply. A full list is available here.

Take the time to look for any sheet music/lyrics/cds or anything else you might want online (Google.com is a good place to start) before you start a thread asking about them. Posting without doing so will result in your thread being closed, and possibly a warning.

Teachers / Lessons
    If you have lessons on offer please post here and do not start your own thread. Doing so will result in the thread being locked and a possible warning.

NO Illegal Warez/MP3s
    Any discussion on the illegal download of copyrighted material is out of the question. Any links to illegal mp3s, or the suggestion of P2P file sharing programs will be deleted and the user who posted banned.

Posting Personal Details
    It's come to my attention that people occasionally want to get in contact with each other to organise sessions or other meetings for exchange of music etc. This is welcomed in the forum, however I recommend you Do not publish personal details - your phone number and/or your address on this forum. I have no way of ensuring your personal details aren't abused if they're presented in a public forum. Additionally, I've no way of ensuring some of the less savoury users aren't posting someone else's personal details, masquerading as their own.

Please use the private message function, which is useful for swapping such bits and pieces.

No spam or flaming!
    This means no personal insults or intentionally offensive material.

Musicians seeking other musicians - for bands / jamming etc, please include the following in your post / reply
    • style of play
    • what kind of musician you are OR are looking for

Any links you may have to samples of your music when doing so please bear in mind the MP3 rule below
    * recording / recording methods
    * song writing (structure, methods etc)
    * the independant music industry

In the wrong forum?

Thread titles/topics such as:
    * my bands gig in TBMC this week, next week or any other week
    * such and suchs new album
    * worlds best fiddle player
    Belong in the music, pimp my band, gigs/events forums and will be either moved there or deleted.

Other Forum Rules

* PROMOTERS if your advertising for bands please adhere to boards.ie rules. If you do not you will be banned.
    * NO MUSIC EQUIPMENT FOR SALE POSTS do it once you'll be warned, twice and yer banned. There is www.adverts.ie for that.
    * NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTS of any kind, they'll be deleted post haste and a banning wont be far behind either
    * PLEASE DON'T ask for links to tunes or sheet music unless you REALLY need them, remember Google is your best friend.

Have fun!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Do not make your personal email, phone number or home address available on this site.

You are making yourself available to contact by ANYONE from the internet.

Absolutely do not share details of someone else.

Private Message any details you want to share and always be careful and safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Traditional Music Events

If you are involved in the promotion of a Traditional Music Event (NON COMMERCIAL) and you would like to use this Forum please contact a Forum Mod beforehand for approval.

Unapproved threads will be removed.

Advertisement