Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 euro car washes from Statoil

• 27-06-2004 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

1 euro car washes, usually top wash is 8 euros but if you print out the voucher from:

http://www.rte.ie/motors/statoil_wash.html

you get this wash at participating stations until 31st July for 1 yoyo!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Good find. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Fair Play to Ya!

Muahahahaha! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

now if only i had a car.....

or a printer at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Originally posted by Axel
    Good find. Thanks :)

He didn't have to look too hard now did he?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=168066

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Bah!!! They've removed the page :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Well, I did save it, dunnoe how much good the image on it's own will be though...

Sure I'll try anyway - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

I printed out approx. 20 of them to carry around in my wallet ... used the first of these the other day - no problems.

My Car was gleaming , but then the bloody rain arrived today so that's that ...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No matter what the quality is, and even if it is in black and white, tell the shop assistant to type in the PLU number, the number under the barcode, 5000000
    what ever it is. Statoil will honour the voucher untill the Barcode remains setup on the Back office system. IE statoil will honour it untill they decide they have given out enough "Cheap" washes. Offers normally run for a month, IE Wine offers, buy one get one free offers and deli offers.

Each "€6 car wash" costs statoil about 4 cent..... obviously the Wash it's self costs about €100,000 so that is why washes are so expensive.

John

Thanks for that Lump, think I'll have my car washed everyday so =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Does this apply to the jet wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Mr. Skeffington

Hi John,

It only applies to the brush wash, not the jet wash, but sure theres less effort involved with the brush wash and it does a great job.

Skeffo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,197 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bummer! I don't trust those brush washes. I dont know what it is... I just dont trust them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

washed my motor again today ... it's blooming gleaming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Nice one for saving it!

The only time Brush washes can be dangerous is if something gets trapped in the brush, like a piece of metal from the preceeding car. Also other times the brushes are let wear down. When they wear down, the frey and sometime will join together in big lumps. When this happens there will be a pea sized lump on nylon scrapping your car. However, statoils washes are serviced very ofter, mostly because they break down a lot. The above problems tend to happen at independent stations. In Statoil if anything is broken, from a lightbulb to the pumps, all a manager does is ring merchandising services then the next day someone arrives to fix said problem. Brush washes are safe, once yoyu follow the guidelines to using them.

John

Originally posted by Bri
    Nice one for saving it!

I anticipated some RTE/Statoil trickery... you should get away with just using the image of the voucher, as long as they can read the numbers under the barcode.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Well, I did save it, dunnoe how much good the image on it's own will be though...

excellant, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Voucher worked last night in Statoil Greenhills.

Although, I don't think I got a top wash. It was over very quickly and the dryer didn't even come on. All the same, well worth the 1 yo yo.

Thanks for this bargin!

On some sites there isn't a dryer, especially if they are near houses (noise). In this case, there is a drying agent added to the HOT wax, this drying agent, and the hotness causes the moisture to evaporate quickly, leaving the car streakless.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Wow lump you really know your car washes. Fair play.

Would use this offer if I had a car.

Well I have worked in that place for 6 years, on and off. Tis nice to have a job to walk into every time I have a break from college.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Originally posted by Lump
    Well I have worked in that place for 6 years, on and off.
    John

Man I feel for ya!
    I did my time too - 3 years blood, sweat and tears. was in the taylors lane and ballyboden ones.
    I still got a whole uniform shirts and ties and all (notice the plurals :)) hell, I even got a panic beeper. Do you want to meet up and play shop?:)

If your still working there and want to make a few quid let me know because I have a good scheme you can run with the premium card scheme and it all looks legit at the end of the day. Just needs a bit of ingenuity and the card you use to cleardown the swipe system.
    I made bout 400 off it and i was only testin the water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Penfolds

Damn....Offer appears to be gone off the RTE website !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Good thing I saved this, then... ;)

[Edit: Whoops! didn't notice subway_ie had already posted it...!]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Dam! Went looking for it yesterday and it was gone and also had a look here.
    Paid €6.00 for a car was yesterday.Gutted!:(

Originally posted by PWEI
    Dam! Went looking for it yesterday and it was gone and also had a look here.
    Paid €6.00 for a car was yesterday.Gutted!:(

You mustn't have looked very hard then...

Originally posted by Superman
    Man I feel for ya!
    I did my time too - 3 years blood, sweat and tears. was in the taylors lane and ballyboden ones.
    I still got a whole uniform shirts and ties and all (notice the plurals :)) hell, I even got a panic beeper. Do you want to meet up and play shop?:)

If your still working there and want to make a few quid let me know because I have a good scheme you can run with the premium card scheme and it all looks legit at the end of the day. Just needs a bit of ingenuity and the card you use to cleardown the swipe system.
    I made bout 400 off it and i was only testin the water!

Yes I do work there still. and I am intrigued.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROVER

Kilternan accepted the voucher for brush or jet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

been using the vouchers both colour and b/w the past three weeks, havin't had any problems. the automatic car wash has come along way, my car has been gleaming . i've been using mine in ashbourne, it is only a new carwash. did you's know you can use photocopies.

Advertisement