Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone have the Eufy Cam2?

• 28-07-2020 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Was looking for a wireless camera system and came across the Eufy Cam2 system. It says the battery can last for a year before it needs a recharge which seems quite good.

Just checking if anyone has tried this or has any experience with Eufy. Haven't heard of the company before.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I got the indoor pan and tilt 2k camera recently. It is pretty good for the price and they seem to do firmware updates regularly, taking feedback on board. Supports HomeKit secure video also so no SD card required

A few family members swear by their eufy robot vacuums also.

I have read that you’re not likely to get full 365 days from the camera, because it is affected by alerts, resolution, etc but you should get at least 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Cheers man.

Yeah, in fairness I don't think a year is really possible but I was doing a bit of research myself and watched a few reviews on YouTube. One guy did a review a year later after setting his up and said even on the 'Optimal Surveillance' setting he got 9 months out of it which I thought was quite good.
    Think I'll go ahead and order, most reviews seem positive enough. I know it'll never be as good as a fully wired system and it's only 1080p but I don't fancy running cables through the house. So a good compromise I reckon.

Seems they don't sell directly to Irish customers on their website so Amazon is the best option. Amazon Spain seem to have the best price at the minute at about €300, which is €40 cheaper than Amazon Germany and way cheaper than the UK site. I always forget to check the European sites when buying items.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I bought from their uk website, paid with Revolut and had shipped to parcel motel. They often run deals on their camera systems but I don’t see anything on on the cam2 system right now

I don’t have any connection to them but I noticed I can give you a referral link to save 40 pounds with them if you want?

They ship via amazon also, so should in parcel motel in about 3 days

Pete123456 wrote: »
    I bought from their uk website, paid with Revolut and had shipped to parcel motel. They often run deals on their camera systems but I don’t see anything on on the cam2 system right now

I don’t have any connection to them but I noticed I can give you a referral link to save 40 pounds with them if you want?

They ship via amazon also, so should in parcel motel in about 3 days

Ah cheers for the offer, I was a bit too quick though and ordered from amazon Spain. All in looking at 316 and should have it Friday apparently..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Was looking at these myself just this week and possibly also the security floodlight cam.

OP let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Was looking at these myself just this week and possibly also the security floodlight cam.

OP let us know how you get on.

Howdy,
    Yeah bit the bullet and ordered the camera's.. Have to say so far so good for the price. You get two camera's, the base station and mounting accessories. I've only set up one camera at the front of the house so far. No real need yet for the second camera yet.
    Can give you my two cents on the Pros and Cons that I've seen so far. Haven't used every setting available but if you've any specific questions I'll be happy to answer.
    Haven't signed up to the cloud storage as for what I need the internal storage is enough for now and not sure what the after sales support is like as I haven't raised any issues/questions.

Pros:
    Simple set up process
    Picture quality is good
    Supplied app is easy to use and has plenty of configurations
    3 zonal areas can be set up per camera
    Camera wifi range is very good
    Human AI seems to be working well (from what I can tell)
    Integration with Google home, Alexa if you're into that

Cons:
    Outdoor mounting bracket is pretty poor. It's made of plastic and when I was screwing it to the wall the screw head went through the plastic. I've read somewhere on the Amazon reviews you can buy other mounting brackets

I also found the mounting angle a bit limited as you I couldn't point the camera down far enough

Have had a couple of alerts not sent to my phone even though my wife got them. (in fairness that could just be my phone though)

Firmware updates are pushed without any notification or release notes (not major but I like to know what new features are being added or bugs are being patched)

Advertisement