Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camera for front of house

• 07-08-2020 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Guys. Im looking at getting a camera for the front of the house to keep an eye on the cars when there parked. I've looked on adverts and Amazon but am not really sure what's good and bad.

Not sure if its a wifi one I should be looking at ? I would like to be able to run it through the tele in the bedroom but it's not a big deal. Budget would be around €250

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭micks_address

Guys. Im looking at getting a camera for the front of the house to keep an eye on the cars when there parked. I've looked on adverts and Amazon but am not really sure what's good and bad.

Not sure if its a wifi one I should be looking at ? I would like to be able to run it through the tele in the bedroom but it's not a big deal. Budget would be around €250
    Depends a lot on size of house etc..we use a nest hello doorbell which gives us a complete view of our driveway..we only in a semi d though. Wifi with 30 day video history etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Depends a lot on size of house etc..we use a nest hello doorbell which gives us a complete view of our driveway..we only in a semi d though. Wifi with 30 day video history etc

Just a regular 1940s Dublin corporation built house.

https://www.cctvireland.ie/1-camera-cctv-kit-with-4-channel-hikvision-hd-recorder.html

Was looking at this one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Those turbo HD hikvision cameras are fairly old tech at this stage.
    On the plus side, they're a decent brand/build and will last.
    However, if I was sticking to coax, I'd be looking at the cheap and cheerful Hilook range from Hikvision as they seem to be getting more support at the moment.
    I'd recommend moving to an IP or network camera though with Poe connection.
    You want the best camera you can afford in terms of picture quality and night vision. The rest can be added later. You don't necessarily need an nvr recording around the clock from the outset either and could go with an on-board sd card until you add more cameras to your set up.
    If you want to stick with Hikvision, look at the colorvu range, you won't be disappointed with the picture quality, day or night and lets face it, night is likely where you need it most.

Advertisement