Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Relay RTU5024 - anyone use this

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

Homer wrote: »
    No manual for the intercom. Any idea which two I need to use for COM/NO? Thanks for all the help!

dY3TyF.md.jpg

Ok when you said push button earlier i was imaging a standalone switch, what you have there looks to me like a Comelit handset.
    As only 4 of the cores on that cable are being used then i am afraid to say, that intercom only sends 12 vac to release the gate, therefore between it and the terminals at the gate controller, there has to be a relay somewhere.

That cable in your picture, is that a Cat 5 / 6 ?
    Are the green and brown cores spare on that cable and can you trace it outwards.
    I think it mind be as easy now to perhaps use the green cores to send your NO Comm signal from the GSM unit out to the gate, but you will have to trace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Homer

Will take a look at the cable. Hopefully it’s a cat5/6 with two spare cores that I can bell out and locate. Will update once I can do that. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭tech

It just looks like phone cable with 2 pairs?

tech wrote: »
    It just looks like phone cable with 2 pairs?

Good point but I have a feeling the cores in phone cables are different colours

Turns out it is indeed only 4 core phone cable so that’s that option rules out!
    On to plan B.. wired the gsm dialler up to the came unit right beside it using a long power extension cable and it’s all working so just need to house the gsm dialler elsewhere and run out a 2 core cable for the relay which should be an easy enough job! Thanks for all the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Anj1813

Show this board from back side.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Anj1813

The C/200 call tone is electronic, in
    addition ER/12 buzzer, figure 7, can be
    fitted into the handset.
    Function of each terminal Terminal block C 5 ground 7 call 8 audio from entry panel 9 audio to entry panel • button for • auxiliary services

So, have mine sorted finally yay! Got a second gsm dialler for a neighbour and they have a slightly different system from mine. Picture below of their handset where I think I may be able to hook up the gsm dialler?
    They definitely have a cat6 with all cores seem to be connected up?
    Just wondering which connections on the handset circuit board are common and NO? Promise this is the last time I’ll ask lol

damsiN.md.jpg

Great stuff.

P and C1, the dry contact link is already cut so hopefully that will sort you.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Homer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I have the unit setup in the house and switching a lamp on and off with the phone so just need to get it wired up to the came unit now.

Hi Homer - Is this easy enough to do with an RTU? Could you supply steps or a link to steps even. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement