Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2x free (€1.49 shipping) plain notebooks from Paper Republic

• 21-05-2020 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

As title says, Paper Republic are giving away 2 free plain notebooks, just pay for €1.49 shipping. Got this from an email promo.

https://get.paper-republic.eu/notebooks-en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

No offence, but the notebooks they pictures don't look like they are worth 1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

daheff wrote: »
    No offence, but the notebooks they pictures don't look like they are worth 1.50.

in the notebook description: "Free: 2 good-looking notebooks, fountain-pen friendly and sustainably made to give you joy and foster your creativity. "

so must conclude that they be worth at least 1.50! :p

can't really compare to this though

https://www.dealz.ie/391845-banter-notebook/

got these today

probably the worst bargain alert that I've gone in for personally!

too small to be of any real use.

phone / cloud is much better for quick notes these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

glasso wrote: »

Bizarre comment

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    Bizarre comment

bizarre comment

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

got these today

probably the worst bargain alert that I've gone in for personally!

too small to be of any real use.

You're absolutely right, therefore I'm hanging on for the two free smartphones with €1.49 shipping bargain alert myself.

You're absolutely right, therefore I'm hanging on for the two free smartphones with €1.49 shipping bargain alert myself.

I think that it's a bit of a given that everyone these days has a phone already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Thanks, OP. I find small notebooks really useful, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

bizarre comment

Bizarre comment on a bizarre comment

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Got these today too.

Loved the hand written note.

As someone who takes notes daily these two pocket sized 48pg pads will be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

I think that it's a bit of a given that everyone these days has a phone already.

And a paper notebook but hey, a bargain alert is a bargain alert and fair play to OP for trying to alert people to something useful.

wtf is the included leather thing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Thanks to the OP for posting this, I got these as well as in a bit of a notebook nerd.

I wouldn't pay more than €1.50 for them to be honest. Quality is not great compared to a similar size set of moleskin I got.

The whole bargain was a ploy to get people to invest in the leather holder. Looks nice but I'm not inspired by what I got.

As for the comment about taking notes on phone, I agree mostly. There are times where paper is nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I see the founder wears the obligatory "artisan" flat cap, like the guys at Artisanal Firewood Company:

https://youtu.be/TBb9O-aW4zI

Advertisement