Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pete Shelley, Buzzcocks RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Saw them a number of times. First time in Galway (1992ish) after they reformed in 1989. Amazing gig. Played all the classics. Even got to spend a couple of hours chatting with him and Diggle over a few beers after.
    One of the best punk bands of their time. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

Saw them a number of times. First time in Galway (1992ish) after they reformed in 1989. Amazing gig. Played all the classics. Even got to spend a couple of hours chatting with him and Diggle over a few beers after. F
    One of the best punk bands of their time. RIP

I'm a lifelong Buzzcocks fan but only got to see them for the 1st time ever in Galway last year...I had half expected a jaded, middle-aged band experience....total opposite, they were brilliant, and stuck around ages after the gig chatting to fans....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

Heaven And The Sea is a cracking album

https://open.spotify.com/album/7thHG5qB4PqDc917UDpLRn?si=bhw8UUPZTlyjLOuukQPWIw

And the Channel 4 Tour De France intro is my favourite sports music ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQ3NwgbHsI&t=35s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Your link skips the music. Below includes it. (hope you don't mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Saw them in Trinity 76 or 77..happened to be working there on a refurb...

Wasn't a huge fan but back then ANY brit band coming over was worth a look...

Ŕ.I.P. Pete....very sad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

R.I.P. Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

As a long time punk fan I was never a huge fan of the buzzcocks but it is certainly a shame to see him go.

RIP.

Advertisement