Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Automation for kids Ultimate pressie Xmas

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It's great value for what it is. What has expense got to do with something not being a bargain? :confused:

Err... I'm so confused, the above is horrible value for money. Costs £800, but there is well less then €100 (probably closer to €50) worth of equipment in this set!

Are folks overestimating how much HA stuff costs?! IFTTT is nice, but not impressive, every HA device pretty much supports that. The rest of it is a couple of super cheap sensors, LCD screen, etc. We are talking about stuff that costs almost nothing from China.

It looks like a neat little set, but massively overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bk wrote: »
    Err... I'm so confused, the above is horrible value for money. Costs £800, but there is well less then €100 (probably closer to €50) worth of equipment in this set!

Are folks overestimating how much HA stuff costs?! IFTTT is nice, but not impressive, every HA device pretty much supports that. The rest of it is a couple of super cheap sensors, LCD screen, etc. We are talking about stuff that costs almost nothing from China.

It looks like a neat little set, but massively overpriced.

Maybe i'm missing something but is it not the point that a set that costs €800 on amazon.co.uk can be got for $300 on amazon.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Maybe i'm missing something but is it not the point that a set that costs €800 on amazon.co.uk can be got for $300 on amazon.com?

It's not worth $300, never mind €800

• Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe its not but people complaining about the price of €800 are missing the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,361 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Agreed. So would it be the case that if you used it to make a crappy sounding MP3 player the remaining kit parts would be pretty much redundant while the MP3 player was assembled? 1K sounds crazy money for a crappy MP3 player :eek:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm closing this one as its obvious this requires no further BA discussion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement