Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mavic Pro - My first'ish flight

• 06-03-2020 11:15am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

So I got myself a Mavic Pro Combo just before Xmas and I haven't really flown it yet, apart from the odd spin around the back garden.
    Yesterday I took it over to a few of our local historical sites - one of them even has big "No Drones" signs up :)
    Have a look and see what you think......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

cool video mate, thanks for sharing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

What did you use for editing the video?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

What did you use for editing the video?

Lots of freebies out there but I use Da Vinci Resolve.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

That mavic pro is so much swifter than the air. Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Another short vid put together. This time a wedding venue near Navan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Is there a way to embed Vimeo videos to Boards, does anyone know?

Another from from our local hotel during lockdown

I'm getting a bit more ambitious......

With my mates down in Kerry getting ready for a spot of kayak fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Lots of freebies out there but I use Da Vinci Resolve.

I'm using FXhome, its free and user friendly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Nice videos.

Is there a reason why you aren't exporting 4K or did you just decide that when uploading to YouTube?

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Is there a reason why you aren't exporting 4K or did you just decide that when uploading to YouTube?

HD is plenty for me. Our internet connection is sh1te with upload speeds of around 0.25mbs so you can imagine how long stuff takes to upload.

I've an issue with either the camera or the lens on my Mavic Pro. Once I take off and start recording, the image is misty for the first few minutes. Then it clears and the image is fine.
    See the video below taken this morning.

The timespan between the two clips is about five minutes. The weather stayed constant and no, the mist is not the spray from the power washer. I've had this same issue on the last couple of videos I've made.
    Anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

I've an issue with either the camera or the lens on my Mavic Pro. Once I take off and start recording, the image is misty for the first few minutes. Then it clears and the image is fine.

I've never seen this issue before , where do you store your Mavic Pro?

theothernt wrote: »
    I've never seen this issue before , where do you store your Mavic Pro?

It's kept in it's pouch, in a room under the stairs along with all my camera gear. It's not picking up any moisture from anywhere or my other cameras would also show the same problems.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

It's kept in it's pouch, in a room under the stairs along with all my camera gear. It's not picking up any moisture from anywhere or my other cameras would also show the same problems.

Very strange.. I know it's not stored anywhere damp, but could it have got wet previously somehow? The drone and the cam get fairly warm after a few minutes of flight, could be the reason clearing the shot after five minutes? Is there anything visible on the lens prior to flying? Can't think what else it could be.

tedpan wrote: »
    Very strange.. I know it's not stored anywhere damp, but could it have got wet previously somehow? The drone and the cam get fairly warm after a few minutes of flight, could be the reason clearing the shot after five minutes? Is there anything visible on the lens prior to flying? Can't think what else it could be.

It's odd ok. There's nothing visible in the lens and I made sure to clean it beforehand. Wondering if there is some sort of moisture build up from putting the drone back in to pouch immediately after a flight. The drone would still be warm and maybe that's what's doing it. Going to try another flight later and this time I'm going to dry the camera with a warm hair drier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 irishmanlost

I would put it down to humidity, like when you put cold sun glasses on and they steam up abit before clearing, well they do when i put mine on. I'd also leave a few silica gels in the pouch too

Advertisement