Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sportier classic

Options
  • 21-01-2005 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi all,

As some of you may know I have a 1984 Merc W123 T (estate), which I like alot.

Anyway I'm pretty much hooked on the idea of buying older cars (not necessarily classics over 30) for not much money.

I'm thinking ahead to my next car and have a short list so far of:

- W114/W115 version of my current car, saloon i.e. pre 75 merc saloon
    - a 230 or 208 coupe of the W123

I have a feeling that I would like somethingmaybe a bit "sportier", but not necessarily a sports car.

The reason I like the Merc is that it looks like a classic, is in good condition (I'm mechanically inept) and is fairly cheap to run.

Any ideas on a "sportier" car I could go for that would be have similar characteristics. I'm looking for a fairly painless ownership experience.

I'm thinking along the lines of a coupe something or other. I can't go for real classic sports cars for budget reasons.

I've always liked the Audi Quattro, but these are probably rare. I need something that can be put back on the road cheaply and quickly if something goes worng.

Any ideas that I can statr researching/thinking about?

Comments

Advertisement