Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why You should buy a classic car!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

TBH i'd rather watch Corrie than have to listen to a load of "classic car guoys" crapping on how much their cars cost and how much they pay people to look after them....:rolleyes:

you know who you are......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bikeresearcher

I bought an old MGBGT a good few years ago now and had it restored. Unfortunately I know almost nothing about practical mechanics so it cost a fortune. No matter how much I spent on it it ALWAYS had something wrong with it....an electrical problem...a leak...heater not working. The list was endless. Never again. Nice to look at but that's as far as it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I bought an old MGBGT a good few years ago now and had it restored. Unfortunately I know almost nothing about practical mechanics so it cost a fortune. No matter how much I spent on it it ALWAYS had something wrong with it....an electrical problem...a leak...heater not working. The list was endless. Never again. Nice to look at but that's as far as it goes.

And now you are checking out bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bikeresearcher

hahahaha....and now I'm checking out bikes....indeed

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Theres nothing better than when there's a nice bit of weather and taking one of the cars out. Bring it out onto a motorway and open it up and hear the low rumble before you really drive the car. No power steering. No ECU. No assists. Just you and the feel of the car.

Yes the cars breaks. Yes you fix one thing and another thing stops working. All that does it make the car become life-like. It has a soul. It's a living being that needs work. But it will always drive for you. Turn of a spanner, a top up of fluid or a wrap of electrical tape and its happy again. It's like the car appreciates the little help you try give it.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Theres nothing better than when there's a nice bit of weather and taking one of the cars out. Bring it out onto a motorway and open it up and hear the low rumble before you really drive the car. No power steering. No ECU. No assists. Just you and the feel of the car.

Yes the cars breaks. Yes you fix one thing and another thing stops working. All that does it make the car become life-like. It has a soul. It's a living being that needs work. But it will always drive for you. Turn of a spanner, a top up of fluid or a wrap of electrical tape and its happy again. It's like the car appreciates the little help you try give it.

Pass the tissues...................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Ever wake up in the morning and think

I just dont have enough hardship in my life?
    I have too much free time?
    What will i do with all this money i have?

Then get yourself a Classic car

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Ever wake up in the morning and think

I just dont have enough hardship in my life?
    I have too much free time?
    What will i do with all this money i have?

Then get yourself a Classic car

You left out..

What's trending this week...

:)

Advertisement